• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove Private Cabana question

Grumpy23

Mouseketeer
Hello, I have a question.

Does anyone know if you are able to rent a Private Cabana at Discovery Cove without purchasing one of the special packages they offer, the special occasion packages?

For example, say we just wanted to get your standard Day Resort package, possibly not even including the Dolphin Swim, but also wanted to rent a private cabana. Has anyone ever done this, without purchasing one of the special occasions packages?

I had the same question about a month ago and I wrote an email to them and this is what they responded with. Hope it helps you
Yes, we do offer personal cabanas which can be reserved in advance. They include a shaded structure, table and chairs, as well as lounge chairs, all of which are located in a private and secluded setting. They are $175 per day plus tax, and can be added to your reservation by contacting the Call Center at 1-877-4DISCOVERY or 00 800 33 44 1818 from the U.K. or 1-407-370-1280 from other international countries.

i would have sworn they had this information on the website, but if not, good to know rate is $175/day. thanks!

I phoned Discovery Cove up a few months about this, I may be wrong but my understanding is you can only book the $175 Cabana's up to 3 weeks in advance.
The special package one's can be booked much further in advance, hence it could be there are none available for when you are thinking of going if the special one's are already reserved.

Thank you everyone for your responses. I ended up emailing them also and got quoted the same price. I'll have to see about the ability to rent one this far in advance when I call to book the reservation.

This was the email response I got.

"Yes, we do offer personal cabanas for guest with the Day Resort Package which can be reserved in advance. They include a shaded structure, table and chairs, as well as lounge chairs, all of which are located in a private and secluded setting. They are $175 per day plus tax, and can be added to your reservation by contacting the Call Center."

Has anyone here used one?

I thought about it, but wonder how much time we'll be using it. We booked one once at the Portofino Bay hotel's pool, but it ended up being a waste (we had thunder so the pool was cleared for part of the day).

I can't see us using it much, as we'll be swimming a lot.

Are there plenty of shaded areas?

We have only visited Discovery Cove once, if we were to do so again we would definitely consider a Cabana, partly because our son is autistic and we would gain a lot from having our own little private area.

I do understand it would probably be a waste of money for some people, but I'm sure we'll get use out of it. My husband and I are no spring chickens and with his disability, we usually do things in spurts so he can rest, so we'll use that for the downtime off and on during the day. popcorn::

We look at it this way, it's our first time, and if we're going to spring for the resort for a day, we're going to go all out and take advantage of every piece of tropical relaxation it has to offer. :cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter