• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove arrival time

From FAQ:

Discovery Cove is a full day adventure with waterways open from 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily. Check in begins at 7:30 a.m. If you’re participating in 3 or more add-on experiences during your visit to Discovery Cove, please plan to arrive by 7:30am for check-in and proper scheduling of your day. Brkfst starts at 7:30.

As with most things there will be some who arrive early to be first ...... They DO tend to give out dolphin swim times first come first served and depending on the time of the year early is better with probability of afternoon thunderstorms.

we've never arrived b4 7:30 ....

If a day resort pass we arrive around 8 and the check in line is small. If there for a dolphin swim. We shoot to be in the parking lot by 7:15.

We're late risers and have never made it there before maybe 8:30. Don't kill yourselves to get there, but it is nice to have breakfast and be settled in before things open at 9 to maximize your day.

We got there a little before 8 and waited in line for over an hour to check-in

Last edited:

We got there a little before 8 and waited in line for over an hour to check-in
When was this? Waiting an hour is kind of absurd, although Discovery Cove has a wildly inefficient check-in process. A couple of weeks back, we showed up at 8:40 and there was no line to check in.

What would happen if the dolphin swim is interrupted by the afternoon thunderstorm? Getting there at 7:30am is hard for my family. We could try to be there by 8:30am.

Disclaimer: I went in 2016 so maybe things have changed.

If you plan on doing the Dolphin Swim I would try to get there early to be one of the first to get in.

This enables you to get an early morning swim time. Then you do your swim and don't have to watch the clock for the rest of the day!

The place is so relaxing, it's nice not to have a schedule.

We got there right at 7:30 and were checked in by 8. We wanted an early dolphin swim time. I think our time was about 9:45, so we ate breakfast, found the lockers, changed into our wetsuits/vests and really didn't have much time left until the dolphin swim. After the swim we changed out of wetsuits into vests (it was April so a tad cool in the morning), went over and ordered our pictures from the picture package with no line, and then at that point could relax the rest of the day. I was glad to get the Dolphin swim and scheduled stuff over with first thing....it was nice to have no timeline/schedule the rest of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter