Discovering DVC timandlesley style-A PTR, 19 days TRIP REPORT LINK PG.119!!!!!

Wow, can't wait to hear about Tim's surprise.:cool1: That is an INSANE dining schedule.:banana: Here is a link to my review of HDDR in my TR. We enjoyed our time but where we live there is no shortage of Western comedy dinner shows so it was nothing extraordinary or unique to Disney for us.
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=28214307#post28214307
It is an insane dining schedule, I'm so excited about it. Thanks for the review link, hope our kids enjoy the food more than yours did. What category seating were you in?
chosing where to eat is one of my favorite planning items to do. you list looks awesome!!!
can't wait to read about the surprise:goodvibes
Me too, glad you enjoyed it!
Lesley

Hey Lesley! We have some of the same restaurants on the same days planned! Great minds think alike!:rotfl2: I can't wait to hear about your surprise, I am sure it was great!:thumbsup2
too funny, which ones?? Guess we'll be running into eachother for sure now!!
Lesley

Sounds like some great plans, Lesley!!! I have yet to try every single one of those restaurants. :rotfl: I can't wait to hear about the surprise!
I'll post about the surprise shortly!

Love your plans so far! What is the surprise? I can't wait! :yay:
Oh it was awesome, I'll type it up here soon!
Lesley

So......... first of all I apologize, there are no pictures of this surprise because it was a SURPRISE and I wasn't prepared, but it was AWESOME!!!!

Tim had told me and the kids a week ago that if we could keep the bathroom that we share clean (he is a HUGE clean freak and the kids and I just..... well......... aren't ;) :lmao: ) for that entire week that he would treat us to a HUGE surprise at the end of the week.
Personally all week I knew that BOLT was coming out and thought that would be it. The kids were super excited.
Friday came and we had met our goal of keeping it clean.
I came home from work and Tim said he needed to run out and would be back in 10 minutes. My cell phone rang and he told me to go to the kitchen with the kids and put the cell on speaker............. o.k. we were in the kitchen...........
He said "Your surprise has begun! Luke, open the oven!" Inside the oven was an amazing race envelope that said "Clue #1 on it" . It gave us an idea we would be going to another location, told us to grab the GPS and that all of the clue's we would find along our way would be on the GPS (I looked on the GPS and saw 5 programmed destinations: Clue #1, Clue #2, Clue #3, Clue #4 and Final destination).
We headed to the car and were on our way. The first clue and GPS took us to my parents house (the kids were sooooooooooo excited by the way, I can't tell you how excited they were about this, of course I was too). At my mom's we had to search for another envelope and it held the next clue. Luke read it aloud for us. It had a clue about selling Wine A La Cart (My favorite wine store is the Wine Cart in West Chester) so I had an idea of where we were going but had no idea where this was headed. We headed back to the car, and were on our way. The GPS did indeed take us to the Wine Cart. We had to go inside and ask the owner if she had a clue for us. She went into the fridge and came out with a bottle of wine with another Amazing Race envelope and another clue. This one hinted about the clue keeper being where the Dinosaurs Walked (we were close by to a friend of ours whose son is a huge dinosaur fan and had just seen the Dinosaur Walks tour so again, we had an idea). The GPS took us to their house. When we got there the entire family was in the living room and they said "Luke, Lesley, and Lauren you are the first team to arrive, JUMP ON THE MAT!" they had a matt there, too cute! :thumbsup2 The kids were going nuts. They handed us the final envelope that had a hotel key inside of it and it had another clever rhyming clue indicating we should race to spend the night with Tim at the holiday inn. The room key told us to go straight to the room. The family handed Luke and Lauren each a blue little cooler and told them not to open it til' we got to the hotel. We were on our way again and the GPS took us to a close by Holiday Inn hotel. We met Tim in room 107 and the kids were so excited to see him, we gave him HUGE props for pulling off an outstanding, AMAZING surprise:worship: and then he said, "there's more!" I looked around and saw $1 dollar bills laying all over the place. He said to the kids "there is $50.00 hiding in ones all over the room, you may each have $25.00, stop when you get to 25, GO GO GO!! The kids went crazy finding all of the dollar bills in the bathroom, microwave, refrigerator, beds, drawers, etc. such fun!!!:thumbsup2 The kids were soooo thrilled. We headed out to dinner together at Max and Erma's kids enjoyed the all you can eat sundae bar after dinner. Went back to the hotel and swam in the pool (kids loved that treat) and stayed up late. Oh, in the coolers from Sarah (our friend who gave us the final clue) were snacks, soda, candy, etc. for the kids to eat in the hotel room - so fun! The kids had fun eating those too.
We had SUCH a great night!!! This morning we woke up, enjoyed breakfast at the hotel and then headed out to Walmart to let the kids spend their money. Lauren picked out a Hannah Montanna outfit and glowing/singing microphone. Luke got a new Wii game.
Here is a pic we took of one of the envelopes and the clue's so you get an idea of what it looked like:
S5004130.jpg

We had such a great time, isn't Tim awesome!!!:love: I'm such a lucky girl.

Hope you enjoyed the surprise!
Lesley

You have a great list of restaurants:thumbsup2

WOW, what an amazing surprise and so fun.

You rock Tim :thumbsup2

AWE! What an awesome surprise Lesley, you guys are such a cool family!Props to Tim for pulling that one off, way cool!

Your dining choices sound so good! We just got back on Tuesday and the Tusker House breakfast was so good!! My mouth is watering just thinking about the filet at LeCellier... YUMMY!!

The Amazing Race sounds like so much fun! You have a great man there Lesley!!

Wow, I actually got a little teary reading that. I loved how Tim got other people involved. Especially the wine bottle w/ note and the family friends who had you step on the mat and told you that you were the first family to arrive. So sweet.:lovestruc

What a cool surprise! :cool1: It was so creative! What a fun treat for your whole family - that Tim is definately a keeper!:lovestruc

Great surprise!! My kids would be going nuts over all the $1 bills too!:thumbsup2 I will be posting our restaurants/days tonight! I actually have to tweak it a little because Bryan wants to do the regular dining plan now for our AKLV stay:rolleyes1 The planning and arranging the credits is NOT easy, BUT I love it!:thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

Oh my word... your children will NEVER forget that night. What a wonderfully creative, energetic, and loving father Tim is!!:lovestruc

Your list of restaurants made me feel FULL!!! You have an amazing list of places to eat. I forgot to check, are you doing a Tusker House meal? I HIGHLY recommend their breakfast Character meal.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the fun updates.

Very nice surprise!!! I wish my husband would reward me for keeping the bathroom clean. Maybe I'd keep it clean more often! :rotfl:

Wow, I am absolutely amazed. Tim is definitely a keeper! What a fun time for you and the kids. If more couples cherished each other the way y'all do, there would be more happy families! :hug:

Wow! Tim is amazing!!! What a great surprise!

Love the dining ressies, what an awesome trip!!! :thumbsup2

Thats going to be a nice long trip!
We can't use our points until May and we're going in January! So I had to buy some points from a friend. We are trying out the VWL and BWV! Can't wait!!!
Isn't the DVC great! :woohoo:

-nat

You have a great list of restaurants:thumbsup2

WOW, what an amazing surprise and so fun.

You rock Tim :thumbsup2
I think that our restaraunts will be good too, glad you enjoyed the list, now I can't wait to make those ressies.

AWE! What an awesome surprise Lesley, you guys are such a cool family!Props to Tim for pulling that one off, way cool!
It was such fun, Tim did a great job.
great fun for you guys!!!:cool1:
Thanks, it sure was fun

Your dining choices sound so good! We just got back on Tuesday and the Tusker House breakfast was so good!! My mouth is watering just thinking about the filet at LeCellier... YUMMY!!

The Amazing Race sounds like so much fun! You have a great man there Lesley!!
We enjoyed the Tusker House breakfast last year too, now staying at AKL it is a no brainer. I love the mushroom filet at LeCellier, it is the best steak ever!

What an amazing surprise and what fun!!! :goodvibes Way to go Tim!
Thanks for sharing in our fun.

Wow, I actually got a little teary reading that. I loved how Tim got other people involved. Especially the wine bottle w/ note and the family friends who had you step on the mat and told you that you were the first family to arrive. So sweet.:lovestruc
I sure wish I had pictures, you would have died seeing the kids faces, intensity and surprise and excitement, it was such fun! That family was so into it too, they said they had just as much fun being a part of it.
Gosh, I wish I got a reward that big for keeping my bathroom clean for a week! Way to go Tim!
I know, pretty cool huh?

What a cool surprise! It was so creative! What a fun treat for your whole family - that Tim is definately a keeper!
Yes, I think I'll keep him : )
Ahhh, you've got a real winner there Leslie! Tim's such a great Dad and husband!
Thanks, I agree : )
Great surprise!! My kids would be going nuts over all the $1 bills too! I will be posting our restaurants/days tonight! I actually have to tweak it a little because Bryan wants to do the regular dining plan now for our AKLV stay The planning and arranging the credits is NOT easy, BUT I love it!
Yes, they did go nuts over the $1.00 bills, it was great. I'll be looking for your dining post. I agree, it is so hard to figure out all of the points but I do love the planning, now I can't wait to make the reservations!

Oh my word... your children will NEVER forget that night. What a wonderfully creative, energetic, and loving father Tim is!!:lovestruc

Your list of restaurants made me feel FULL!!! You have an amazing list of places to eat. I forgot to check, are you doing a Tusker House meal? I HIGHLY recommend their breakfast Character meal.:thumbsup2

Thanks for the fun updates.
So true, it will definitely be great memories for them forever. Yes, we will be full that is for sure, can't wait. Yes, we did Tusker house for breakfast last year and will be doing it again this year, can't wait!

Very nice surprise!!! I wish my husband would reward me for keeping the bathroom clean. Maybe I'd keep it clean more often! :rotfl:
Maybe Tim should talk to your husband : )
Wow, I am absolutely amazed. Tim is definitely a keeper! What a fun time for you and the kids. If more couples cherished each other the way y'all do, there would be more happy families! :hug:
Yes, he's a keeper : ) Thanks, I agree, I do like my happy family!
Wow! Tim is amazing!!! What a great surprise!

Love the dining ressies, what an awesome trip!!! :thumbsup2
I can't wait for this trip!!!!!

Wow Lesley....TIM is a KEEPER
for sure....count those lucky stars!!!
:love:
Yes, at this time of Thanksgiving I am TRULY thankful for him : )

Thats going to be a nice long trip!
We can't use our points until May and we're going in January! So I had to buy some points from a friend. We are trying out the VWL and BWV! Can't wait!!!
Isn't the DVC great! :woohoo:

-nat
Yes, we can't wait. Have you stayed at VWL before? I want to try BWV, I hope you guys have a great trip! Yes, DVC is just awesome!!!
Lesley

Can I just take a moment in this TR to VENT! What is UP with Airtran and Delta now charging $15.00 per FIRST checked bag!!!!!?????:confused3 :scared1: :sad2: :mad:
We used to fly Airtran, it is the most convenient and cheapest airline for us.
I thought they started the baggage fee's due to high gas prices, well........ gas prices are lower than ever and now they add these fees.:confused3 Makes me so angry. I usually buy our tickets in December or January but now I have to wait longer for Southwest to release their rates because we will be using them for sure now!!!! Southwest doesn't charge for first OR second bag. Anyone know when they will release June dates for air travel?

Lesley

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter