Discover the Magic Tour-tell me about it please?

madysmom

Mouseketeer
We have an 8 year old and a 5 year old. We have never been to Disneyland, but have been to DW many times. Would this tour be a good way to begin our adventure at DL? Please tell me about it or direct me to more info on it. Thank you so much in advance! ;)

We did this with a 5yr old, 4 years ago.....we loved it ! ! !
We had alot of interaction with characters. My niece got to walk hand in hand down Main St with the Mad Hatter and Alice. If nothing else, that was worth the whole time and price. Lunch was also included. Rode the carrousel with Mary Poppins and Bert. Also, included lunch in Frontierland. Lots more characters that we interacted with.
We even got to be Pirates !

Last year we did it again. Didn't even think to check to see if it was different. Only charater interaction was with Mickey (which was great !) and the CM's were great.
No lunch was included. A snack was included, but the assigned cart for the "treat" wasn't opened and so we were told "sorry, you don't get one". And that was near the end of the of the tour when of course everyone was hot and thristy. But they said our tickets stated nothing was guarenteed on the tour as stated.
We did have fun. Didn't dare compare it with the previous tour to my niece and she had fun. Like I said the CM's were great.

Just besure to check out what the tour includes as they told us, things change. So, its defintely good to know that for the future.

We did love it much more the first time, when we got to meet up with characters along the way.

But its still a fun tour with young ones.

On the Disneyland site it states :

Sharpen your sleuthing skills as you work with your family and friends to discover clues, hunt for hidden treasure and outwit dastardly villains. This uniquely Disney tour puts you at the heart of a high-energy, fun-filled adventure throughout Disneyland® Park!
Enjoy six classic Disneyland® Park attractions!
Receive a delicious frozen treat and an exclusive souvenir collectable pin!
Become part of the magic as your entire family works together to save the day and have a fun-filled experience!
Tour Length: Approximately two and a half hours
Availability: The tour is offered on most Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Start Time: 10:00 a.m.

Price Info: $59 each for first two tickets – two ticket minimum – and $49 for each additional ticket purchased during same transaction.

Discounts: Deluxe Annual Passholders, Premium Annual Passholder, AAA Members or Disney Visa cardholders.

Tour times and elements – including attractions – are subject to change without notice. Please check upon arrival with the Guided Tour Gardens for the latest information.

During our last trip last year we did this tour. My kids were 8 and 10, sona dn daughter. It was great. We met Mickey and got pictures taken, hung out and had a great time. Its really geared towards kids so teens may not be into it as much. Adults will love it because of how the clues are hidden and if you were not taking this tour you would never notice the clues. Its a good time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter