Discover Card 5% bonus...

I opened a Chase Freedom Visa at the beginning of the year in anticipation of a major landscaping project. Chase offered 5% back for home and garden April-June. Of the 11 obvious home and garden purchases made, 10 did not qualify for the 5% back according to Chase's reasoning. These retailers were either well established national home and garden retailers or included the words "Garden Center" or "Farm" in its name. These businesses only sold home and garden related products. When I called and spoke with CS, they explained that purchases are determined by the Federal Tax ID category of the vendor. So even though my purchases were all at garden centers and through my landscaper, the charges did not qualify! Turned out my landscaper used a billing company so that explained that. The others are a complete mystery to me. Chase makes no apology for this and basically says oh well, not our fault - maybe next time. They did offer a "courtesy adjustment" of what translated to less than 1% of the anticipated 5% and were very clear that they were doing this as a courtesy and I should be grateful. Keep in mind, I'm not even referring to home and garden purchases within superstores like Target or Walmart. These were specifically home and garden businesses. Not happy with Chase. Hopefully, the categories of gas, airlines and hotels are easier for them to determine this quarter!

:guilty:

I was thinking of letting one of my Disney Visa's go and open a CF...but, that situation is soooo frustrating! Not sure it is worth changing around. They all seem to pull that with their bonus offers! :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter