discounts for teachers

momo4

Earning My Ears
Does anyone know of any discounts that are offered at WDW? I have heard there are many, but no one seems to know what they are, other than a discount at the ALL Star resort.( FYI- if you didn't know:) )
Thanks a bunch!!

There was a discount at the Swan and Dolphin-I think it was $129 a night, but I'm not sure-we used it Dec. of 2000, so it may not still be available. What is the discount at the All-STars(lots of teachers and a principal in this family!)

Thanks!
Jen

Sorry, no discount I can think of at all Stars, unless you can get a code.... (if your travel dates match the criteria, or you a resident of some certain select states.)

The Swan Dolphin still offer the TEACH discount @ 129.00/night.

Like the others, I'm unaware of a teachers discount at All Stars. or any Disney owned resort, for that matter.

A friend of mine stayed at All Star last year with teacher discount of $50 night. Of course, I found out too late to use cuz already booked a condo. I was told just to call and say you are a teacher.
Are there any discounts at the park ie in stores, for food, etc that anyone knows of?
How about at Universal?

Tell me more about this teacher discount at All-Stars. Is it at all 3? Who do you call to make ressies at the discount-CRO? Is it for a minimum number of nights?

Last year, the AllStars were available for $49/night with an AP discount. I am a teacher and know of no discounts other than the Swan/Dolphin teacher rate. Many years ago, teachers were offered free (?) admission to Epcot, but no longer. Sorry! If you get extra info, please let us know--there are lots of teachers on these boards!:D

We used the Swan/Dolphin teacher rate last summer and got a great room at a great price. I would recommend this to anyone who qualifies.

We are using the Teacher/Government/Nurse rate for 12/26/02-12/31/02 @ $129.00 per night. Great rate on a great deluxe with convenient access to two of the parks and during peak season to boot!

Those of you who have booked the teacher rate: how far in advance did you book? Are you at the D or S?

Those of you who have already stayed using this rate: What type of room did you get? Was it indeed 129?

Does anyone know if they will be extending this into 2003?

Thanks!
kjs

There was also a code discount last year (non AP rate) for $49 a night as well.

Maybe a teacher used that code... but not a specific teacher code.

$129 a night is too rich for my blood.

I'm sorry guys!! I just assumed it was well known information.
The friend (co worker, actually) I was referring to just moved to another state, and left last week. I will try to see if I can find a way to reach her and get the exact information on the teacher discount she received at the hote. Sorry for the uprising.

We stayed at the Dolphin in April 2001. At the time, I believe the rate was $119.00 per night. We had a room with a balcony overlooking the grotto pool. The standard room would have no balcony and/or view the parking lot.

The Dolphin is primarily a convention hotel and most of the guest are not there for vacation but there for a convention. I believe the Dolphin may have recently undergone a renovation to increase their convention capacity, not sure when or if actually happened.

The hotel and room were very nice and the location of the hotel is great. We are staying there again the week following Christmas using the government/teacher rate currently at $129.00.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter