• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts for March 2 - June 15th are up!

I am excited to say that my TA (my Aunt) was able to get our reservation changed. We had originally booked a Nemo suite at AoA, but those are not included in the discount. So, we changed our reservation to a Cars suite, and we are going to save $647 for our 9 night reservation!! Woohoo!! We have stayed in a Nemo suite before, so I am excited to try a different theme. I am still going to request a lake view though, so we can hopefully still see some of the Illuminations fireworks from our window, like we did in our Nemo suite.

I'm on with a CM now, and i can't tell if she has NO clue what she is doing, or she is just trying really hard to find me a discounted room.....

As long as she doesn't mess everything up like my ADR's because she keeps asking me all sorts of questions... Last time i stayed in this resort, do i want a dinning plan, how about insurance, who is your favorite character, I'm going to update your profile.:worried:

No discount available on our current reservation at POR. So sad. Do these things open up over time? As people change plans maybe?

They had them at CBR but we really don't want to change resorts.

I haven't read the rest of the thread but we booked yesterday at POR and got the discount. A very good deal. You might want to check again.

I just booked using Orbitz, and saved almost $1000 after the 25% off offer and the 15% off from Orbitz! I did down grade my room from a theme park view to a Bay Lake view, but the $1000 pretty much pays for our flights and food! I am so happy....Only having an issue getting my daughter added to the reservation, but hopefully will be able to get that resolved tomorrow, per Orbitz the Disney people they need to speak to are gone for the day.

So I cancelled my old trip for the end of April with no discount. I then rebooked a trip this morning for a 4 night stay at AS Sports with the buy 4 tickets, get one free deal (5 tickets). I saved about 250 dollars :dance3::dance3:

Does anyone know that once I get there can I upgrade my ticket purchase to an AP and how do I do that?

Being that the POFQ is excluded... I'm wondering if purchasing an AP for our April/May trip would get me a discount for that resort. Does anyone know if POFQ is also excluded from AP discounts?

My quick comparison just now showed that even when applying the 15% on Orbitz it was still cheaper to book on the WDW site. :confused3 Is the Disney room discount automatic at Orbitz or do I have to follow a special promo link?

I am having the same problem, I think it s because Orbitz does not look at kids vs adults, it counts everyone as an adult so there is a surcharge. I had read of booking with just 2 adults and then call Orbitz to add the kids. But it sounds like a hassle so unless it is a great discount I think I will stick with booking directly w/Disney. We had some problems with an Orbitz ressie at AoA last time and do not want to spend an our t the desk trying to figure it out.

The inventory for the spring special seems to have become very limited at some resorts in the last couple of days. This is my first time booking this far ahead with a discount and I am wondering if there will be more availability? I'm not expecting Disney to add rooms, but wondering, in your experience, if people book trips quickly to get the discount but then cancel or reschedule? We are traveling the second week of June and I booked a resort I'm very happy with, but would like a different type of room.

I think more discounts are to come. The CM told me there are only a certain percentage of rooms they are discounting right now. The POR is not full for Spring, but they are only discounting Royal and preferred rooms at the moment. She said there could be more discounts coming for some of the standard rooms, depending what capacity looks like as Spring approaches. Of course, I've learned that every CM can tell you a different story, so who knows.

When I originally booked back in Oct for our trip in May, I asked if it would affect my being able to get a discount if I was already booked at full rate. They told me no... I would still be able to change to the discount. However, I am finding that is not true. I think part of the problem is, if everyone has done the same thing I did, the resort will look fairly full and therefore, they won't offer discounts. Kind of a catch 22.

Booked for the first week of June and hoping it works out. We were going to go in August, but would prefer to go earlier in the summer, just have to see if one of our party can switch their vacation days at work. 8 days at All Star Sports if all goes well! If not, will cancel and wait for a summer deal.

My TA upgraded me automatically. I got the Preferred Room that she remembered I had wanted originally but because of the price I had ran away from. And I saved $150 off the total from what I was paying before. With just two of us that $150 is like a day's worth of food. :thumbsup2 Very happy with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter