• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounts for March 2 - June 15th are up!

Had 5 night ressie at Contemporary TPV over Memorial day weekend, and was considering changing to a split stay with 3 nights TPV and 2 nights at Beach Club. With discount I made the change to split stay and saved $783. :cool1: There was no discount for Contemporary TPV rooms :( .

I was so very disappointed that when I called and waited on hold for 30 minutes, I was told my existing reservations that were made back in July had no discount that could be applied. Should have been able to save 30% on the Wilderness Lodge Villas. The thing I am most angry about is that I was led to believe by several different CM's that when discounts were released, all I would need to do is call and the discount would be applied. That apparently was not correct information. I was in tears because I was counting on this discount.

That is correct information, IF there are discounted rooms available at the resort you've reserved. Unfortunately it appears they must have released very few WL villa rooms for the discount.

I also have a WL villa reservation for April, and there aren't any rooms available with the discount for our week or the next two weeks after either. I will keep checking to see if something comes up, or hope that when annual pass holder discounts come out my room is eligible for that.

Of course, it may also be that the villas are pretty well booked, in which case they won't need to offer any discounts for them to try and fill empty rooms.

If you can't get the exact room you want and do not plan on adding the dining plan- try Orbitz. I was hesitant but couldn't find a discounted standard room at Corondo Springs on the Disney website. Orbitz had the room for my dates at a 25% discount and I added a Orbitz promo for an extra %15 off. I easily linked the reservation to MDE (thanks to some good disboard posts) and I'm all set! It's worth a try for some of you who are having difficulties finding your rooms. Good luck!

My question is I have booked through Disney but the discount is available on Orbitz, how do I even go about changing the booking? Will my tickets stay on my MDE account and my memory maker or am I going to need to move everything around to save the money?

Also would like to vent why is it available on Orbitz but not Disney i find that annoying!

This is probably a stupid question....I have a standard room at POR. If I upgraded so I could get the discount, would the upgraded room wind up cheaper than my standard room?

Call and ask, or check the dates and resort on the website. It's possible, it all depends on how big the discount is...

My quick comparison just now showed that even when applying the 15% on Orbitz it was still cheaper to book on the WDW site. :confused3 Is the Disney room discount automatic at Orbitz or do I have to follow a special promo link?

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just looking up offers for a few friends and hadn't expected these until the new year. Nice surprise!!

Has anyone been able to successfully book the Spring room offer online?

I can get the discount to show up, but whenever I try to book, it says "sorry we are unable to add this to your cart". I've tried multiple resorts and it says that for all of them

I can get the discount to show up, but whenever I try to book, it says "sorry we are unable to add this to your cart". I've tried multiple resorts and it says that for all of them

I was able to book this morning at 10am EST and received the discount. It was for Port Orleans Riverside, but I see that all rooms were already booked, the only one left for POR was a King room which is what I needed.

A lot of misinformation and misconceptions about this latest Spring discount.

I feel a little dupped actually. Year after year, the only place we travel is WDW (and I'm sure many of you are the same). You would think your loyalty would be rewarded and they would be willing to offer you 20 to 25 percent on ANY room you had already pre-booked, being that the code doesn't state that there are resorts that are excluded.

Also, why would Disney want everyone running to Orbitz to book their rooms rather than taking the whole reservation... doesn't make sense.
That long anticipated trip to Europe we've been dreaming of is looking better all the time. The price we are paying for a 14 day trip to Disney, costs more money at this point.

A lot of misinformation and misconceptions about this latest Spring discount.

I feel a little dupped actually. Year after year, the only place we travel is WDW (and I'm sure many of you are the same). You would think your loyalty would be rewarded and they would be willing to offer you 20 to 25 percent on ANY room you had already pre-booked, being that the code doesn't state that there are resorts that are excluded.

Also, why would Disney want everyone running to Orbitz to book their rooms rather than taking the whole reservation... doesn't make sense.
That long anticipated trip to Europe we've been dreaming of is looking better all the time. The price we are paying for a 14 day trip to Disney, costs more money at this point.

The offer info I'm seeing specifically says "select" Disney resorts. Maybe you are talking about something else though. My understanding has always been these discounts are only on certain resorts, and only as certain number of rooms within those resorts.

Yes this happened to me. Log out and go through the reservation process all the way. Add your name at the billing screen (or log in). Then it works! Took a lot of tries and help from a CM on chat to get me through.

Yes this happened to me. Log out and go through the reservation process all the way. Add your name at the billing screen (or log in). Then it works! Took a lot of tries and help from a CM on chat to get me through.

Thank you!!!! This worked for me! I was getting so frustrated, and really did not want to have to book over the phone!: cool1:

The offer info I'm seeing specifically says "select" Disney resorts. Maybe you are talking about something else though. My understanding has always been these discounts are only on certain resorts, and only as certain number of rooms within those resorts.

Yes... it was changed after I (and possibly others) emailed to alert them that not all resorts are included and they should probably state that before people hung out on the phone for over an hour only to find out their resort or certain rooms were excluded.

If your talking pors yes, they had availablity in the "royal" rooms only. But, was available for my dates end of may > june. Saw on line.
Sorry did not look for pofq.

I had the discount applied to my stay June 1-8th this morning and we were in a standard room. They had king, garden and whatever the other view was plus the royal rooms. When I checked later that night all that was left was the royal. But at one time the other rooms were available. They booked ridiculously fast.

Just booked a BWV studio Std view through Orbitz with the Disney discount and the GIFTME discount code and saved $350.68 over what I had booked through Disney for a Sdt view room in the Inn!!! Same dates as my original reservations too! :cool1::cool1:

That just paid for one of my airline tickets!!!:goodvibes

I called this morning and got our existing YC Garden room reservation for April 21-27 discounted by about $1200. :cheer2:

I'm thrilled but a little confused about how they came up with the number. According to the website YC for our dates was eligible for up to 35% discount plus one day free ticket but the representative wouldn't give me any details about the final figure they came up with.

Also, when I logged on to DME to check the balance remaining there was exactly $149 (price of MM :confused3) difference from what I was quoted on the phone. Not sure where the discrepancy is coming from but I hate to quibble when I'm really quite happy with the discount.

I was also surprised at the lack of rooms/resort options included with this discount. However, I got a good deal, and we are staying at AKL for the first time. We are looking forward to it! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter