Discounts for Contemporary??

GalDisney

DIS Veteran
Are there ever any discounts available for the Contemporary?? I never see this resort included in the AP or AAA discount,

it is on expedia right now for certain times this year...HTH not an answer to your AAA or AP ? but might help! :)

I currently have a AAA rate for Contemporary Standard for Dec 16-23. I'm in a quandry as to whether to keep it or try for better with the new AP best rate since I'm an AP holder.

I was looking at some dates in October and November on the AP best rate program, and it was coming up with a tower room for $334.50 including tax, and a garden wing room for $262.03 including tax on some dates.

I got $194 rate (includes tax) for 12/16-23 - $40 cheaper a night than my AAA rate. Appears to be about $70 less than rack rate. Not what I had hoped for, but cheaper than what I had, so I can live with it.

CR tower room is $700 less then rack rate on the new AP best rate site. I am considering booking it.

sherry8253 said:
CR tower room is $700 less then rack rate on the new AP best rate site. I am considering booking it.

WOW...at $700 cheaper than rack I would book it too....they would be paying me about $350/night to stay there!!! (Tee-hee....sorry I coudn't resist!!)

Actually we have the CR tower booked at a AAA discount for the first week of Nov at about $44/night off rack rate...so the $70/night AP would be a little better...but we can book dining with the AAA rate, and my AP runs out during our visit (and the rest of the family's have already expired)....and besides...I can't get the AP rate to come up for our exact dates....I won't kick myself over the $26/night the AP rate would save us....but if a really low one comes out later I reserve the right to whine!!

Are AAA Rates for Disney Resorts posted anywhere?

I will be at WDW October 13-16 and I want to book 2 rooms at the Contemporary. I've budgeted $200/night/room, which is flexible (a little).

For the past 4 years we've gone in October and stayed at the WL for around $130/night with room-only codes. I've also used room-only codes at Boardwalk Inn and stayed for $199/night. Since Disney has not released room-only codes this year I'm starting to get a little anxious and look for other ways to save $$ on my rooms.

I am not an annual pass holder, active military or a government worker so I'm patiently waiting for general public codes or some sort of discount/deal.

If I can get a discount rate with a AAA membership then I'll join!

you can try the aaa web site. It will ask for your zip code to direct you to the local site for your area. Some of the local sites will show you the discount rate without asking you to prove you are a member, and others will not. But give it a try.

Lori: I had an AAA rate at CR standard for value season and it was $230 something with tax. Just call CRO and see if there are any AAA rooms available at CR. They can tell you. Some ask for your AAA number for booking, some don't, but you'll need your AAA card at check in. As far as meeting your $200 budget - I gave up my AAA rate for an AP best rate of $194 which includes tax.

I have a AAA rate for my room Oct. 6-8! :sad2: I can't book on the AP site d/t being less than 120 days out! :rolleyes: I am not sure at this point what the best thing to do is?? :guilty: I would really like an AP rate, but at least I have the AAA rate.Though, I may not keep it! :crazy:

I had an AP rate of $199/night for garden view in March, during peak season. I'm wondering when the renovations are going to kick the price up.

AP is annual Pass.

Those who have an annual pass to Disney, can receive a discount on their room when it is available.

I'll be staying at the Contemporary in Nov. and I got a AAA rate of $274 (that includes tax, not sure what the price is before tax.) Anyway, I know the rate is not great, I'm really hoping for a general code to come out since I do not have AP's. When is the last time a general code came out; does anyone know?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter