discounted tickets?

Our AAA you can order online and it's $30 less then gate price!

Beware, they charge sales tax and by the time you get the actual total, it's a MUCH smaller discount. Disneyland doesn't charge sales tax on the tickets they sell directly due to an agreement with the city of Anaheim.

Beware, they charge sales tax and by the time you get the actual total, it's a MUCH smaller discount. Disneyland doesn't charge sales tax on the tickets they sell directly due to an agreement with the city of Anaheim.

It's also California thing, not just an Anaheim thing (Anaheim could choose to impose a city tax, of course, but they don't). Entertainment like theme park tickets, movie tickets, and live theatre are not taxed by the state.

It's also California thing, not just an Anaheim thing (Anaheim could choose to impose a city tax, of course, but they don't). Entertainment like theme park tickets, movie tickets, and live theatre are not taxed by the state.

I was referring specifically to the lack of a gate tax imposed by Anaheim, because they have gone back and forth on this several times in the past.

Resellers can charge sales tax, and most do.

I was referring specifically to the lack of a gate tax imposed by Anaheim, because they have gone back and forth on this several times in the past.

Resellers can charge sales tax, and most do.

They're not supposed to 🤷‍♀️. It's not a tax collected or imposed by the state.

EDIT:

This is from the exceptions PDF list for taxes imposed by the state.

Last edited:

They're charging a fee. Not sales tax. Many companies just combine the taxes and fees section.

Anaheim sales tax: 7.75%

$380 * .0775 = $29.45

AAA is charging $20 as a fee. If they were charging sales tax, it would be $29.45.

Same thing even if you look at the base sales tax for the state (7.25%)

$380 * .0725 = $27.55

EDIT: If it were a sales tax, that would be about 5.263% being charged.

They're charging a fee. Not sales tax. Many companies just combine the taxes and fees section.

Anaheim sales tax: 7.75%

$380 * .0775 = $29.45

AAA is charging $20 as a fee. If they were charging sales tax, it would be $29.45.

Same thing even if you look at the base sales tax for the state (7.25%)

$380 * .0725 = $27.55

EDIT: If it were a sales tax, that would be about 5.263% being charged.

Okay, so it's a fee. Regardless, it cuts into the discount quite a lot. I find it misleading.

Ok good to know, I will look into what the final price is. Thank you!

****UPDATE: I just checked and you’re correct with the fees it’s a $10 savings from the Disney website, so a $20 service fee. I’ll probably just buy them thru Disney now. Thanks again!

Last edited:
Okay, so it's a fee. Regardless, it cuts into the discount quite a lot. I find it misleading.

Oh I'm not disagreeing there! I do find it shady and underhanded to charge a fee and make it look like it could be sales tax.

If someone doesn't know there is no state, county, or city imposed sales tax, they might think they were still getting a great deal because they would think the same thing would be charged no matter where they bought it. It's a marketing thing to make it look better than it is by having the base cost so low, but tacking on a high fee with the implication it could be sales tax.

It's why I wanted to add on to your statement that it's not just Anaheim, but the whole state that doesn't charge sales tax on theme park tickets. It's good for people to be aware so they can better compare options :)

Last edited:
right now tmobile tuesday member deals seems to have have tickets from the pre dec 8 price hike! (for disney world, sorry wrong thread)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter