• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discounted AP and address change - help!

kpk89

<font color=green>I know that you know that I kn..
Here's the predicament. A few months ago, I purchased a discounted AP voucher for my stepson, who was living with us at the time. He recently moved out, but he is supposed to pick up the pass when he is at WDW this month. When I purchased the ticket, they said he would just need a copy of MY license and DVC card, plus his own license showing the matching address. Well his brand new license does not have the matching address (timing is everything, right?)

Does anyone know what he should expect at the ticket window? Will they just make him pay the difference? Is there any chance he'll be allowed the discount this time, knowing that he won't be able to get it in future since he's moved out?

That's what I figure-– no big deal, just unfortunate timing. For him, lol. He will have to pay the extra.

Here's the predicament. A few months ago, I purchased a discounted AP voucher for my stepson, who was living with us at the time. He recently moved out, but he is supposed to pick up the pass when he is at WDW this month. When I purchased the ticket, they said he would just need a copy of MY license and DVC card, plus his own license showing the matching address. Well his brand new license does not have the matching address (timing is everything, right?)

Does anyone know what he should expect at the ticket window? Will they just make him pay the difference? Is there any chance he'll be allowed the discount this time, knowing that he won't be able to get it in future since he's moved out?
If he has a recent bank statement or other document that is on the list for FL resident documentation, that may work. This was asked a week or so ago but I didn't see an answer where they'd called MS. Has he moved out permanently or just off to school?

Thanks for the help! Here to confirm they really are strict ... but since the pass (discount amount) was our gift to him, he didn't mind paying the extra at the window since he no longer lives here. Win/win, I suppose!

Is his old license expired? If it isn't and it was only for an address change then just show the old one.

Eta: just realized you probably meant it's his first license... does he have a learners permit with your address?

Is his old license expired? If it isn't and it was only for an address change then just show the old one.

Eta: just realized you probably meant it's his first license... does he have a learners permit with your address?
I don't know of any state that issues a drivers license without collecting the old one. That would be quite a coop..

MG

I don't know of any state that issues a drivers license without collecting the old one. That would be quite a coop..

MG
I've done at least two change-of-addresses online and they mailed me a new license. So, it's easy in Texas.

I've done at least two change-of-addresses online and they mailed me a new license. So, it's easy in Texas.
Okay... were they both in Texas? A change of address is different.
I assumed, through the conversation (possibly incorrectly) it was a change of state.

I have changed addresses within a few different states and never received a new license. It was always some sort of sticker for the back.

MG

DH is the DVC member - I am not on the contract - and he and I have different last names. Additionally, Massachusetts doesn't issue a new license anymore for address change so his license has his old Address meaning our addresses on our license didn't match. We had no problem at all getting me a DVC AP once we explained the situation. So he might get lucky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter