• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 30 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

We leave in less than two weeks! So much more to sew, but almost have our Carsland outfits done. Somewhere I have seen a World of Color embroidery design, and "I'm going to Legoland" with a plane from bricks. Thought I book marked it but can't find it anywhere. More than likely it was a link I found on here. Any ideas?

7883_10201467432719697_93555529_n.jpg

Those shirts are FABULOUS! Did you do all that embroidery by 'hand' (meaning with only a sewing machine and not an embroidery machine)? I bet that took TONS of hours!

We leave in less than two weeks! So much more to sew, but almost have our Carsland outfits done. Somewhere I have seen a World of Color embroidery design, and "I'm going to Legoland" with a plane from bricks. Thought I book marked it but can't find it anywhere. More than likely it was a link I found on here. Any ideas?

The shirts look great! You did a wonderful job on them. The usual suspects for the designs you are thinking of would be Frou Frou by HeatherSue or MissKenzieMac. Hopefully one of them has what you want.

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on this thread.

I recently bought my first embroidery machine, and within hours I was hooked. I love all of the designs for purchase that I'm finding online, but of course I'd really love to try my hand at designing my own.

Can anyone recommend good machine embroidery design software that is a bit more affordable than the ones in the $1000 range? What I'd really love is the ability to make seasonal and fun Mickey head designs, tiaras, princess designs, etc.

TIA!

Welcome! One option you can look at is Stitch Era Universal. It is free but it is not the most user friendly software.

The shirts look great! You did a wonderful job on them. The usual suspects for the designs you are thinking of would be Frou Frou by HeatherSue or MissKenzieMac. Hopefully one of them has what you want.

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It was MissKenzieMac!!! I remember writing her name on scrap paper. Not a brilliant idea if I need it later. :rotfl:Now to get started on Lego shirts. My car designs are HeatherSue's.

I hand appliqued the background, Mater's sign and Cozy cone sign and building. Not the cars, cacti, Route 66 sign, or lettering. Yes, it took forever, but it was a labor of love for my boy.

You may not be able to tell, but those are Lego tires on Maters sign and buttons for hubcaps. License plates are supposed to go on the other post, but haven't figured out how to do that.

On another news, I have been on a quilting kick lately. This is a twin sized quilt for my cousin. It will be her Christmas present. Most of the fabric came from the stash except the pink stripe border. This is the first time I did mitered corners and I am pleased with how it turned out.

th_1237316_650507184967945_1937678730_o.jpg

A beautiful job on the quilt! Love that you were able to use your stash for the majority of it. Very nice job.

I lurk on this thread. I have posted a few times. I love all that you make and your giving ways.
I would like to know if there is some way I can use my sewing skills to help and bring comfort to The Ohio State University Medical Center. I Googled it and all I can find is monetary donations.
Long story short, my son was in a head on collision tonight at 6pm. He is lucky he is alive and was Life Flighted to OSU. We got to the accident site 10 minutes after it happened and watched as they took off the roof and pulled him out. DH took pictures of the car and we still do not know if the lady who pulled out in front of him is OK. They Life Flighted both of them to different hospitals.
My son is OK. Major trauma to the chest and lungs and a fractured/dislocated ankle. They will do surgery on tomorrow.
But as I sat in the waiting room I looked around all the families were not so lucky.:sad: There has to be some way I can give comfort and hope to those people.
I know I only sew and design but does anyone have a resource so I can find a way?
I know I am posting this in the middle of the night but I cannot sleep. This is not a solicitation for anything just point me in the right direction.

I will end this on a miracle moment. As we watched EMS tear the roof off the car, a van pulled up behind us. It was a priest! He asked if anyone needed his help. He was like God sent us an angel. I felt better immediately. I knew God was there and kept my son safe as the Life Flight copters took off.
Sorry to go on but I really needed vent and be amazed at the sheriffs, EMS, fire department and staff at Ohio State. There is not an emoticon to explain how I feel right now.
Thanks for listening!

First of all, so sorry to hear about your son's accident, but so glad his surgery went well and he will recover. Bless you for wanting to help others in the midst of your difficult time. I know it can be very therapeutic to involve yourself in a project for others. I see you got plenty of suggestions and hope you've been able to connect with a group that would benefit from your God given skills.

Yay for your trip being so close! How exciting!

Everything looks beautiful! The bowling shirt is TDF! You did a fantastic job on it and I can see it must have taken forever to complete. Labor of love is right! Thanks for sharing. (And glad you found the designer you were looking for.

I lurk on this thread. I have posted a few times. I love all that you make and your giving ways.
I would like to know if there is some way I can use my sewing skills to help and bring comfort to The Ohio State University Medical Center. I Googled it and all I can find is monetary donations.
Long story short, my son was in a head on collision tonight at 6pm. He is lucky he is alive and was Life Flighted to OSU. We got to the accident site 10 minutes after it happened and watched as they took off the roof and pulled him out. DH took pictures of the car and we still do not know if the lady who pulled out in front of him is OK. They Life Flighted both of them to different hospitals.
My son is OK. Major trauma to the chest and lungs and a fractured/dislocated ankle. They will do surgery on tomorrow.
But as I sat in the waiting room I looked around all the families were not so lucky.:sad: There has to be some way I can give comfort and hope to those people.
I know I only sew and design but does anyone have a resource so I can find a way?
I know I am posting this in the middle of the night but I cannot sleep. This is not a solicitation for anything just point me in the right direction.

I will end this on a miracle moment. As we watched EMS tear the roof off the car, a van pulled up behind us. It was a priest! He asked if anyone needed his help. He was like God sent us an angel. I felt better immediately. I knew God was there and kept my son safe as the Life Flight copters took off.
Sorry to go on but I really needed vent and be amazed at the sheriffs, EMS, fire department and staff at Ohio State. There is not an emoticon to explain how I feel right now.
Thanks for listening!

I am very sorry to hear about your son. My mother in law and daughter work on quilts for the James cancer center I believe at OSU. They make lap blankets for cancer patients. If you would like me to find out more please let me know and I can get contact information for you. We also have several friends and family members that work at OSU Hospital so I can also ask if they would know of anything. You and your family are in my thoughts.

I have been lurking here off and on for a couple of years. I am currently busy sewing outfits for our December WDW trip. While reading D~'s TR, I got the itch to attempt to make a bag for our trip. So I'm seeking some advice. Does anyone have a hipster pattern they really like? Or another bag pattern that works well as a park bag?

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you! It was MissKenzieMac!!! I remember writing her name on scrap paper. Not a brilliant idea if I need it later. :rotfl:Now to get started on Lego shirts. My car designs are HeatherSue's.

I hand appliqued the background, Mater's sign and Cozy cone sign and building. Not the cars, cacti, Route 66 sign, or lettering. Yes, it took forever, but it was a labor of love for my boy.

You may not be able to tell, but those are Lego tires on Maters sign and buttons for hubcaps. License plates are supposed to go on the other post, but haven't figured out how to do that.

I am glad that you were able to locate the designs. I think your family will be stopped many times and asked where you got the outfits!

I have been lurking here off and on for a couple of years. I am currently busy sewing outfits for our December WDW trip. While reading D~'s TR, I got the itch to attempt to make a bag for our trip. So I'm seeking some advice. Does anyone have a hipster pattern they really like? Or another bag pattern that works well as a park bag?

Welcome! A few of us have used the out and about zipper bag on youcanmakethis.com. There is a sale on right now and you can get 20% off! By the way, we will be there at around the same time. :)

Welcome! A few of us have used the out and about zipper bag on youcanmakethis.com. There is a sale on right now and you can get 20% off! By the way, we will be there at around the same time. :)
Thanks for the recommendation. I will look at it. I made a YCMT purchase this afternoon about 30 minutes before I saw the code on FB. I was so irritated! But now a code just gives me a good excuse to buy more patterns :) So cool about you being there about the same time. That is such a great time to go!

I am so glad the surgery went well. Hugs to you, your son and your family. Please remember to take some time to take care of yourself. It is very easy to forget about yourself during difficult times like this but you don't want to get rundown. I hope your son recovers quickly.
Not something a Mom wants to go through. I just needed a project so my mind doesn't wander to the "what if's"
Recovery will be long. 6-9 months but he is healthy and strong. It will be hard for him to stay out of a gym that long. A personal trainer with a shattered ankle is not good. He will be fine I just freaked a little and was amazed at the hospital staff. I saw so many sad people who needed a little lift.

I am very sorry to hear about your son. My mother in law and daughter work on quilts for the James cancer center I believe at OSU. They make lap blankets for cancer patients. If you would like me to find out more please let me know and I can get contact information for you. We also have several friends and family members that work at OSU Hospital so I can also ask if they would know of anything. You and your family are in my thoughts.

Yes, please, if you have any information I would love to have it. Caps, hats, quilts, anything for OSU James. Our whole family are OSU grads.

I apologize if I'm posting this in the wrong spot, but I couldn't think of where else to post it. I'm not even sure if I'm allowed to post it. :scratchin

I don't sew. I've tried. I've failed. I tried again; I failed again. I'm continously drawn to this thread though because I'm awestruck over the talent showcased. :lovestruc

First question is, do any of you talented DISers sell your dresses? Or make custom dresses? Is it via individual Etsy shops, other websites, PM? I'm asking because we're headed to the World at the end of next month which means that come this Friday I'll be scrolling through Etsy trying to find the perfect dress or two to order for my DD. Nannye, you need to open an Etsy store! I'd be your biggest customer; the dresses you make for V leave me drooling in envy!

Onwards to the second question. DMGeurts, do you sell your bags? Between seeing them on here and during your trip reports, I want one!

A friend told me I had a shout out and to come say hi!
You are so sweet. I don't get on this thread near enough now that my trip is done. It's taken a long time just getting back into the daily swing of things since I got back. (Mind you I was pretty scarce before too! ha ha) The first 2 weeks left me exhausted all the time and then I actually went back to work with a bang and supplied in a grade 2/3 class all week this week so I am super drained. Up next weekend, our Huge scrapbooking crop. Trying to figure out what to scale back without hurting things because I don't know how I'll get through the day! Hello to all! I hope everyone is well.
SCBELLEATHEART - I hope your son is doing a bit better now and his surgery went okay, I just caught sight of your post, so I don't know the whole story, but I hope everyone is okay.
Hello to everyone else, I hope to get back on here more consistently soon!

A dress I whipped up for a 5yr old going to Disney for the first time. She is having her hair done at BBB first thing before having breakfast at Cindy's :)

Quite proud of this one!
1174858_10201802074156196_4304509_n.jpg

The light up tutu I had to make as I couldn't find one to find a child in a reasonable price range.

And if the pics don't show up on the page for anyone, here is the link to the FB page I have them on.
Wow, I love all the embroidery on this dress. It is just adorable and then the lighting up skirt puts it on a whole other levele. :hyper:

Oh my these are absolutely amazing. I love the Cars outfits. You did an amazing job and I see you didn't need that Cozy Cone motel applique since you made it happen on your own. Great work. Have fun on your trip. Hope you get everything made.

Hello everyone! I am a long time lurker on this thread.

I recently bought my first embroidery machine, and within hours I was hooked. I love all of the designs for purchase that I'm finding online, but of course I'd really love to try my hand at designing my own.

Can anyone recommend good machine embroidery design software that is a bit more affordable than the ones in the $1000 range? What I'd really love is the ability to make seasonal and fun Mickey head designs, tiaras, princess designs, etc.

TIA!
Welcome! Congrats on your purchase. Sorry, I don't have any help with the software as I don't digitize.

Had to go back and look because I really do love this shirt. The buttons are really cute and now I see the 3D tires on the mater sign. :)

I have never made it but I know others have used the hipster from Dog Under My Desk and they like it. Can't wait to see your bag. And don't forget to post some of your other things too.

A dress I whipped up for a 5yr old going to Disney for the first time. She is having her hair done at BBB first thing before having breakfast at Cindy's :)

Quite proud of this one!

The light up tutu I had to make as I couldn't find one to find a child in a reasonable price range.

And if the pics don't show up on the page for anyone, here is the link to the FB page I have them on.
https://www.facebook.com/Melissa.Loor77/media_set?set=a.10201802071236123.1073741827.1312281478&type=3

OMG! I love the lights! Great job!

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look at it. I made a YCMT purchase this afternoon about 30 minutes before I saw the code on FB. I was so irritated! But now a code just gives me a good excuse to buy more patterns :) So cool about you being there about the same time. That is such a great time to go!

This is the first time we are going the first week of December. We are looking forward to attending Candlelight Processional! Please share which patterns you bought/are buying! :)

Not something a Mom wants to go through. I just needed a project so my mind doesn't wander to the "what if's"
Recovery will be long. 6-9 months but he is healthy and strong. It will be hard for him to stay out of a gym that long. A personal trainer with a shattered ankle is not good. He will be fine I just freaked a little and was amazed at the hospital staff. I saw so many sad people who needed a little lift.

I am sorry to hear that there will be a long recovery ahead for your son. I am amazed by the positive attitude you have shown since the accident. I hope you will be able to find a project to help you along this journey. You are very generous to be thinking of others. :hug:

You are so sweet. I don't get on this thread near enough now that my trip is done. It's taken a long time just getting back into the daily swing of things since I got back. (Mind you I was pretty scarce before too! ha ha) The first 2 weeks left me exhausted all the time and then I actually went back to work with a bang and supplied in a grade 2/3 class all week this week so I am super drained. Up next weekend, our Huge scrapbooking crop. Trying to figure out what to scale back without hurting things because I don't know how I'll get through the day! Hello to all! I hope everyone is well.
SCBELLEATHEART - I hope your son is doing a bit better now and his surgery went okay, I just caught sight of your post, so I don't know the whole story, but I hope everyone is okay.

Welcome back! I had no idea that you are a supply teacher too! I am sure the students kept you busy! Have fun at the crop next week!

Yes, please, if you have any information I would love to have it. Caps, hats, quilts, anything for OSU James. Our whole family are OSU grads.

Here is their website. They are called the Stitching Sisters. The group started out making lap blankets for breast cancer patients but now they make blankets for all different types of cancer patients. http://stitchingsisters.org/

I wish your son a safe and speedy recovery.

I am nearly done with DD's Belle gown! I have just the finishing details, sleeves, and some hemming to figure out. I forgot to take into account the length of the bodice when I figured the length of the skirt--so the skirt is too long.

Did I already mention that this is the second skirt I had to make? I got the first one completely done (minus the sash, which isn't finished yet), when I realized it was teeeeeny tiny. I'd made the panels half as wide as I needed. Oops! I went back to the store and bought the remaining fabric--only 2 yards left. Crossed my fingers.

Well, 2 yards again didn't work quite right to get the proportion for the A-line. So I used some of the left over bodice fabric to add the extra width. You can see how that turned out in the first picture.

The back: notice the extra panels in the middle that created a train. These panels are sparkly. I wish I'd added the gold trim to the back of the bodice, but oh well!
267a113f-e482-4620-bf30-d1077c249e00_zpsf97030ad.jpg

The front:
324c3948-c422-4198-93b9-d4996d2bc733_zps0ebbeebc.jpg

0acddadc-d3fc-4795-abbf-96e703fac5e0_zps8b80e251.jpg

I see you got a couple of good ideas for the bag patterns, but I just wanted to welcome you to the thread and encourage you to post pics of whatever you make. We love to see pictures!!

Welcome back! I'm keeping a watch for your TR and hope you get it started soon. In your spare time.:faint:

I am nearly done with DD's Belle gown! I have just the finishing details, sleeves, and some hemming to figure out. I forgot to take into account the length of the bodice when I figured the length of the skirt--so the skirt is too long.

Did I already mention that this is the second skirt I had to make? I got the first one completely done (minus the sash, which isn't finished yet), when I realized it was teeeeeny tiny. I'd made the panels half as wide as I needed. Oops! I went back to the store and bought the remaining fabric--only 2 yards left. Crossed my fingers.

Well, 2 yards again didn't work quite right to get the proportion for the A-line. So I used some of the left over bodice fabric to add the extra width. You can see how that turned out in the first picture.

The back: notice the extra panels in the middle that created a train. These panels are sparkly. I wish I'd added the gold trim to the back of the bodice, but oh well!
267a113f-e482-4620-bf30-d1077c249e00_zpsf97030ad.jpg

The front:
324c3948-c422-4198-93b9-d4996d2bc733_zps0ebbeebc.jpg

0acddadc-d3fc-4795-abbf-96e703fac5e0_zps8b80e251.jpg

You must have posted while I was posting so I missed this. It is beautiful. I'm sorry you had a few setbacks, but the end result is fabulous. And fixing the length won't be too bad. Very creative solution to stretch your fabric. I just hate when I do something boneheaded that results in another trip to the fabric store and redoing things! So I can certainly relate. Good job, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter