Disboutiquers Part 29 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

goteamwood said:
I don't have that fabric, but I am curious if you have a pattern or a tutorial for the bag. I got all the "ingredients" to make them but I am not smart enough to figure out how to loop the straps through. I did a search for tutorials and they all say to sew the straps on the bottom. I got grommets and the tool to do them, so I would prefer that.

Been SO BUSY lately. Here are a couple of things I just wrapped up. Still have a couple major projects for Christmas, one of which is a lap quilt 60x60 which I finally finished the top and basted it, but have to quilt and bind it. Also, hosting a christmas party for our twin playgroup so I decided to make all the kids (14 total!) gingerbread aprons. I currently have 2 gingerbread men stitched out... the party is in 10 days. Hoping they go quickly to assemble. I am making them from tea towels so they are mostly hemmed and just need the applique and the straps.

Finished 2 more Hulk sweatshirts, one for each of my boys to match their cousin's I posted last week. All 3 shirts came from the same $6 fleece remnant and about $4-5 of green and black. Love the cost of these!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8233330944/

Made this Avengers throw for my comic-obsessed husband. This was (I was told mistakenly) on the remnant shelf at Hancock so it cost about $6.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8252133939/

I picked up two of these fleece throws at Ikea for $3 each, they were the perfect color for these Agent P throws for my boys. I might add their names on them. Haven't decided. BTW having used other designers, I always LOVE going back to HeatherSue's stuff. I love the eyes on this guy, so great. Still need to stitch out one more for the other kid.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8253203602/

One of my learning my serger projects was making these pillowcases for my boys. I picked up the flannel at Joann for 60% off one day doorbuster, and they LOVE them. As you can see they have taken to sharing a bed. One has a recent terrible fear of monsters and the dark, so sleeping with a buddy seems to help. Could have saved so much money on that 2nd bed. (and they are absolutely using one as a pillow and one as a blanket.)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8252064819/

And Finally, the projects I made for our twin birthday parties this week. These for the 4 year olds:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8253203344/
And these, which look much better in person than this terrible photo, for the 3 year old Chicago Bears fans.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/goteamwood/8253147588/

I also made 2 shirts for the big give, and as soon as I have confirmed the family has them I will post them. I am thrilled with how they turned out!
Whew! Now back to my aprons and quilt. And a couple more hoodies from fleece remnants...

I love those hoodies! Please could you post the link to the pattern. I looked for Raglan hoodies on site mentioned before but I could not find any that look like yours. I think I need a link. Or a pm with the link please!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I love those hoodies! Please could you post the link to the pattern. I looked for Raglan hoodies on site mentioned before but I could not find any that look like yours. I think I need a link. Or a pm with the link please!

http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/all-the-rage-raglans.htm They are the Carla C All the Rage Raglan plus hoodie. I haven't made them with anything but fleece so far, but they go together SUPER fast and easy. Literally I can whip one together in about 30 minutes - cutting, assembling, hemming. Once I learn how to hem with my serger maybe even faster!

I ordered my first custom fabric from spoonflower.com recently and it came in today's mail. I LOVE IT. Can you just see the adorable bowling shirts I am gonna be making? (The cow and the bandana fabric I already had.)

I love that you can make your own fabric designs, very cool.

It's pricey per yard, but I think I can stretch it out since it is just going to be sleeves and plackets really. SO excited. That project is going to have to wait until after Christmas though.

Just wanted to share my excitement. Sorry for the photo barrage today.

I just found this thread today and I am in awe of everyone's work.

I haven't sewed in years and now I want to start again. My mom and grandmom made all my clothes growing up. I started getting annoyed in about 6th grade ( I thought everyone else dressed so cool)....that is until I had a child and realized all the love they had for me. Now I miss their talent.

Thank you for inspiring me. I have both their sewing boxes and my mothers machine now. (they both have passed) and I am blessed they gave me this

:welcome: What a precious thing to have from them. I hope you post some pictures when you have finished a project.

Shirt #1 in action

380908_3770578437687_2049177786_n.jpg

Shirt #2 in action

403539_3770911526014_927109249_n.jpg

:thumbsup2 Awesome.

Back in the old days when we had Project Disboutique (I forget the real name) I thought it would be fun to select one fabric and see what projects people came up with.

Well, this is a variation of that. I saw this red, black and white ornament fabric at Hobby Lobby and it screamed (yes, literallly it screamed, I jumped a foot!) Disney to me. I thought it would be fun to see if any one else bought it and what projects YOU have come up with.

Any contestants for "I Got That!"?

I'd love to see photos of other ways this fabric has been used.

Here's my string backpack. Purposefully understated in its Disneyesqueness.

IMG_0842.jpg

(I have another fabric in mind, too, so if no one posts for this fabric, I have one more that I'll try before giving up on what is sure to be a runaway best idea for a game ever.)

::yes::

I haven't been to HL since they opened in September, but that is cool fabric. I see tons of hidden mickey heads:rolleyes1

Hello All!! I am having embroidery machine envy really quite bad but again I should really learn the basics before I delve much deeper. I am in the middle of preparing for finals but found some fabric I could not resist the impulse to buy when I was walking down the fabric aisle at walmart so I am sharing it here since I am so excited to start on my next project. It is going to be a sleeveless swing top and bloomers for my 16 month old. I just love these fabrics. So here I am sharing :)

565895_4606429272796_714979651_n.jpg

Pretty fabric.

Been SO BUSY lately. Here are a couple of things I just wrapped up. Still have a couple major projects for Christmas, one of which is a lap quilt 60x60 which I finally finished the top and basted it, but have to quilt and bind it. Also, hosting a christmas party for our twin playgroup so I decided to make all the kids (14 total!) gingerbread aprons. I currently have 2 gingerbread men stitched out... the party is in 10 days. Hoping they go quickly to assemble. I am making them from tea towels so they are mostly hemmed and just need the applique and the straps.

Finished 2 more Hulk sweatshirts, one for each of my boys to match their cousin's I posted last week. All 3 shirts came from the same $6 fleece remnant and about $4-5 of green and black. Love the cost of these!

Made this Avengers throw for my comic-obsessed husband. This was (I was told mistakenly) on the remnant shelf at Hancock so it cost about $6.

I picked up two of these fleece throws at Ikea for $3 each, they were the perfect color for these Agent P throws for my boys. I might add their names on them. Haven't decided. BTW having used other designers, I always LOVE going back to HeatherSue's stuff. I love the eyes on this guy, so great. Still need to stitch out one more for the other kid.

One of my learning my serger projects was making these pillowcases for my boys. I picked up the flannel at Joann for 60% off one day doorbuster, and they LOVE them. As you can see they have taken to sharing a bed. One has a recent terrible fear of monsters and the dark, so sleeping with a buddy seems to help. Could have saved so much money on that 2nd bed. (and they are absolutely using one as a pillow and one as a blanket.)

And Finally, the projects I made for our twin birthday parties this week. These for the 4 year olds:

And these, which look much better in person than this terrible photo, for the 3 year old Chicago Bears fans.

I also made 2 shirts for the big give, and as soon as I have confirmed the family has them I will post them. I am thrilled with how they turned out!
Whew! Now back to my aprons and quilt. And a couple more hoodies from fleece remnants...

WOW you have been busy.

I ordered my first custom fabric from spoonflower.com recently and it came in today's mail. I LOVE IT. Can you just see the adorable bowling shirts I am gonna be making? (The cow and the bandana fabric I already had.)

It's pricey per yard, but I think I can stretch it out since it is just going to be sleeves and plackets really. SO excited. That project is going to have to wait until after Christmas though.

That is awesome...but can't imagine who has fabric like that:rolleyes1

:lmao:

Maybe if you tried mixing the wet with the dry it would last longer.
We tried the dry again and he won't touch it in a bowl, but if he is begging for a treat I give it to him and he eats it :confused3 So now we have a four pound bag of cat treats :rotfl2: The really good news is he will no longer touch the dry food that our other cat eats, and our cat won't touch the wet food, so we don't have to separate them while dining.

Here are the 4 of us on said trip.

IMG_0789 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_8844 by tricialee22, on Flickr
Great family photo! It's so nice to see everyone :) The only other pic I remember seeing of you is the one in your Halloween skirt. And we love Jeff Dunham -- dh and I saw him last year.

And as long as I have this and Flickr open I may as well post some other stuff I have made lately.

Christmas outfits for siblings.

IMG_8838 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_8841 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Co-ordinating shirts and dress for a big Give.

IMG_8784 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_8804 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Hello Kitty Shirt, skirt and apron for a little one's 6th BDay party.

IMG_8808 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Dress for a launch

IMG_8770tlb by tricialee22, on Flickr
Everything is awesome but the Hello Kitty skirt has to be my favorite -- I love the colors and fabrics you used.

I haven't sewed in years and now I want to start again. My mom and grandmom made all my clothes growing up. I started getting annoyed in about 6th grade ( I thought everyone else dressed so cool)....that is until I had a child and realized all the love they had for me. Now I miss their talent.

Thank you for inspiring me. I have both their sewing boxes and my mothers machine now. (they both have passed) and I am blessed they gave me this
Welcome :)

Shirt #1 in action

Shirt #2 in action

The shirts look great on! I keep wanting to get that pattern for myself, but I never have timee to finish the oodles of things I have started for my dd.

Back in the old days when we had Project Disboutique (I forget the real name) I thought it would be fun to select one fabric and see what projects people came up with.

Well, this is a variation of that. I saw this red, black and white ornament fabric at Hobby Lobby and it screamed (yes, literallly it screamed, I jumped a foot!) Disney to me. I thought it would be fun to see if any one else bought it and what projects YOU have come up with.

th_IMG_0842.jpg

(I have another fabric in mind, too, so if no one posts for this fabric, I have one more that I'll try before giving up on what is sure to be a runaway best idea for a game ever.)

Lovely work Cheryl :) We don't have a Hobby Lobby so I have never seen that fabric :(

I don't have that fabric, but I am curious if you have a pattern or a tutorial for the bag. I got all the "ingredients" to make them but I am not smart enough to figure out how to loop the straps through. I did a search for tutorials and they all say to sew the straps on the bottom. I got grommets and the tool to do them, so I would prefer that.

Everything looks great! I love the sleeping boys.

Not sure if I posted about our old cat on here -- he is 17 y/o and started losing weight and vomiting more than the usual a lot he always has. He is hyperthyroid. Vet is treating with food first but 3 days into the diet he completely stopped eating so we all became very worried. I ran out and got some wet food and he gobbled that up (He's never eaten wet in his life) so we had to buy cans of food that are over $2 each after having spent $25 on a bag of dry :sad2:

I only have two of the possibly now 9 dog shirts done. I will hopefully get two more done today and then post pics. I wish people would be more gracious about rsvp'ing in a timely matter. One girl could not come and dd had two on her waiting list. Sent an invite to her #1 choice on the waiting list and the #2 girl came up to me and asked why she wasn't invited. She was so sad. Never mind I asked dd not to discuss her party at school!!! In all fairness, the girls who got the invites may have been the ones talking about it. Anyway, I told dh and dh is a former colleague of the girl's mother so he said to invite her. I already ran out and picked up a 9th Webkinz but need to run out and get a 9th shirt. And stupid me volunteered to help dd's teacher with Advent calendars today. Why do I always over extend myself?

It's St Nicholas' Day? Does anyone celebrate? We grew up with the tradition but I think we are the only ones in our area now that do it. My dd has a Christmas report to do on Germany so it works out to be a good tradition for us to do.

I am sorry to hear about your cat's situation. I hope you can get the shirts done in time and then take a nice long break and perhaps actually make yourself something!

We are definitely feeling blessed right now. And it seems like some other health issues my husband has had for the last few months might be related to this as well. He's had terrible foot pain and it turns out that it may be related to his thyroid issues. Isn't that crazy!

They have changed the surgery date AGAIN! Now it is going to be this Tuesday. You all know that I am such a planner. So having the date changed 4 times is making me crazy!!!!!

QUESTION??????
Has anybody ever added a sailor collar to an existing dress pattern? I am thinking of giving it a try and I did find a couple of tutorials. But I thought I'd check to see if anybody has any real life experience with trying this. TIA!

I was thinking about your family today and wondering if the surgery will impact on Hanukkah celebrations. I am a planner too and having the date changed this many times will drive me crazy too. I don't have any suggestions on the adding a collar, but hopefully someone else will!

Here are a couple of the shirts my boys let me make for them lately. Here is Liam with "well if you HAVE to take a picture I will made a weird face". He asked me for a plain white shirt with Hakuna Matata in big black lettering.

23915_416017088452515_1929769668_n by tricialee22, on Flickr

We went to Universal Studios in October and I offered to make Tyler any shirt he wanted for the trip. Here are the 4 of us on said trip.

IMG_0789 by tricialee22, on Flickr

And I made this for Tyler this week. If you haven't seen Jeff Dunham it will not mean much to you, but Ty loves it.

IMG_8844 by tricialee22, on Flickr

It's neat to see what you make for older boys. I really like that family picture.

And as long as I have this and Flickr open I may as well post some other stuff I have made lately.

Christmas outfits for siblings.

IMG_8838 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_8841 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Co-ordinating shirts and dress for a big Give.

IMG_8784 by tricialee22, on Flickr

IMG_8804 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Hello Kitty Shirt, skirt and apron for a little one's 6th BDay party.

IMG_8808 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Dress for a launch

IMG_8770tlb by tricialee22, on Flickr

Everything look great. I like how you upcycled the t-shirts.

Welcome! This is the nicest group of people you'll find on the boards. Please post pictures of your creations.

Shirt #1 in action

Shirt #2 in action

Both shirts look fantastic on you! Thank you for sharing the pictures!

th_IMG_0842.jpg

Thankfully I don't have access to the same fabric or else my overflowing stash will have more fabric. However, I do have some of that "Epcot Christmas" fabric I bought when I was down in So Cal last February (it was deeply discounted). I am not sure what to do with it, my guess is that it will end up on outfits for the Gives one of these years.

Hello All!! I am having embroidery machine envy really quite bad but again I should really learn the basics before I delve much deeper. I am in the middle of preparing for finals but found some fabric I could not resist the impulse to buy when I was walking down the fabric aisle at walmart so I am sharing it here since I am so excited to start on my next project. It is going to be a sleeveless swing top and bloomers for my 16 month old. I just love these fabrics. So here I am sharing :)

The ladybug fabric looks cute! I can't wait to see your finished product!

Thanks for all the thoughts for my test today. It was much less stressfull than I thought it would be. The first one I took was around 700 questions and most were multiple choice. This one was only 300 and all were true or false. Most of the questions were about suicidal thoughts, paranoia questions like do you think you are being followed or someone is out to get you, and do you ever have evil thoughts type of questions. Than had a quick interview about weather I have ever taken drugs, had a mental illness, been on medications for depression. so al in all it was pretty easy and I should know next week weather I get the job or not.

I am glad the testing went well today. I hope you will have a positive answer next week!

Great job on the Hulk set - you certainly can't beat the price for that fabric! I like the fleece blankets too. It looks like you have been very busy sewing. The picture of your boys is just too cute.

Very cool. I can't wait to see what you make with it!

goteamwood said:
http://www.youcanmakethis.com/products/featured-products/all-the-rage-raglans.htm They are the Carla C All the Rage Raglan plus hoodie. I haven't made them with anything but fleece so far, but they go together SUPER fast and easy. Literally I can whip one together in about 30 minutes - cutting, assembling, hemming. Once I learn how to hem with my serger maybe even faster!

Thank you so much! I have some monster fleece I want to make a hoodie out of and I love your fleeces. My 8 year old loves the avenger fleece so this will be great for him too :)

Grr I am totally annoyed! I put my marathon thread order out on Friday morning of the 30th. I got a notice that it shipped yesterday. Really it took 7 days to process and get ready to ship? sigh I'm now going to have to go buy other embroidery thread for the designs I need to do before it gets here.
:(

I guess we have to be happy that they let us do anything at all for them at this stage of their life.
That is definitely true! My SIL keeps asking me why I don't make stuff for my kids. She doesn't believe that they don't like any of what I make.

IMG_0842.jpg
Love your bag! We don't have any Hobby Lobby stores near here so I've never seen that fabric. I don't tend to buy too much Christmas fabric either. LOL!

Hello All!! I am having embroidery machine envy really quite bad but again I should really learn the basics before I delve much deeper. I
That is some very cute fabric. I'm sure the outfit will turn out adorable!

Thanks for all the thoughts for my test today. It was much less stressfull than I thought it would be. The first one I took was around 700 questions and most were multiple choice. This one was only 300 and all were true or false. Most of the questions were about suicidal thoughts, paranoia questions like do you think you are being followed or someone is out to get you, and do you ever have evil thoughts type of questions. Than had a quick interview about weather I have ever taken drugs, had a mental illness, been on medications for depression. so al in all it was pretty easy and I should know next week weather I get the job or not.
I am glad that the test was less stressful than you expected. I hope that you get the job offer this week.

Wow! You have been super busy! Everything looks terrific! I love how your raglan hoodies turned out. Did you decorate the zippered hoodies or did you sew the whole thing? I've never sewn anything with a zippered front. In fact, I have avoided zippers where at all possible. LOL! Your little guys sleeping in bed together are so cute. My girls never wanted to sleep together. In fact, they hate sleeping in the same bed because my younger daughter is such a restless sleeper. How are you doing on the aprons? Several years ago I made 20 aprons and mob caps for my older dd's colonial tea party birthday. I figured out that if I bought extra wide, white bias tape, I could use that as the top band and tie for the aprons and they came together super fast after that.

Gee I can't imagine what you are planning to make with those fabrics! I've heard of spoonflower but I'm purposely staying away. I HAVE to use up some of the fabrics that I already have!!!!

Flora- I missed getting your quote, but Chanukah does start tonight. DH will have to stay overnight in the hospital so I told the kids that we'd just wait until daddy comes home to open those presents.

So question, i am trying to figure out what to copy over to my USB drive from an embroidery design I have downloaded. For instance, say Heathersue's mickey head with a santa hat. I have it downloaded. but when I opened the file there is so much there I don't know what to do or if i have unzipped it?

All I did was save the file to my computer hard drive.

Help lol

nannye said:
So question, i am trying to figure out what to copy over to my USB drive from an embroidery design I have downloaded. For instance, say Heathersue's mickey head with a santa hat. I have it downloaded. but when I opened the file there is so much there I don't know what to do or if i have unzipped it?

Help lol

unzip it if it's not unzipped. I move mine to a dedicated folder.
Copy the PES file in the size you want to use to your usb. You can use smaller files in the 5x7 hoop if it suits your project.

Wow! You have been super busy! Everything looks terrific! I love how your raglan hoodies turned out. Did you decorate the zippered hoodies or did you sew the whole thing? I've never sewn anything with a zippered front. In fact, I have avoided zippers where at all possible. LOL! Your little guys sleeping in bed together are so cute. My girls never wanted to sleep together. In fact, they hate sleeping in the same bed because my younger daughter is such a restless sleeper. How are you doing on the aprons? Several years ago I made 20 aprons and mob caps for my older dd's colonial tea party birthday. I figured out that if I bought extra wide, white bias tape, I could use that as the top band and tie for the aprons and they came together super fast after that.

Gee I can't imagine what you are planning to make with those fabrics! I've heard of spoonflower but I'm purposely staying away. I HAVE to use up some of the fabrics that I already have!!!!

The Dinosaur hoodies were from Target, they were on sale even! Just added the spikes and the applique on the front. They usually have some decent blank hoodies there, I have done Dino hoodies as gifts before, and embellished others for my kids too. Much cheaper than the blank hoodies I have seen on jiffyshirts and the like.

I found about a dozen other cool things on spoonflower but resisted. I have been looking for Woody fabric forever. Our trip to CA is up in the air right now since we are supposed to go with my brother and nephew and my brothers' pay just got cut, so don't know if we are going. I was hoping to make Buzz and Woody bowling shirts with the fabric, which I will probably do anyway. I told my husband if CA and the visit family + a couple days at Disneyland fall thru we should just go back to Disney World!

What a fun idea. I love that fabric.

I love red, white, and black together. I guess I was destined to love Disney as well.

I don't have a pattern or tutorial. I basically measured a backpack I had. I've made a couple of the backpacks (I took one to Alaska and made two for a recent Give) so the method has evolved a number of times. Are you just wondering about the string? I've got another bag almost finished and I'll take photos as I string it -- or draw a picture.

I haven't been to HL since they opened in September, but that is cool fabric. I see tons of hidden mickey heads:rolleyes1

I read so much about Hobby Lobby on this thread that I actually drove about 2 hours to go to one a couple years ago. Now there's one about 20 minutes from my house. (I'm glad it's not any closer, it's bad enough having Joann on the way to the grocery store!)

And speaking of fabric, I used the last of it what you sent me :(

IMG_0820.jpg

for a Big Give pocket.

Lovely work Cheryl :) We don't have a Hobby Lobby so I have never seen that fabric :(

No loss. I don't often go there. NY doesn't have any Hancocks. Do you?

Thankfully I don't have access to the same fabric or else my overflowing stash will have more fabric. However, I do have some of that "Epcot Christmas" fabric I bought when I was down in So Cal last February (it was deeply discounted). I am not sure what to do with it, my guess is that it will end up on outfits for the Gives one of these years.

I don't remember the Epcot Christmas fabric. Did you post a picture of it before?

Love your bag! We don't have any Hobby Lobby stores near here so I've never seen that fabric. I don't tend to buy too much Christmas fabric either. LOL!

No, I guess you wouldn't. :thumbsup2

unzip it if it's not unzipped. I move mine to a dedicated folder.
Copy the PES file in the size you want to use to your usb. You can use smaller files in the 5x7 hoop if it suits your project.

Oh Goodness thank you! if I had thought about that rather than freaked out i would have remember PES files! Thanks

I am not sure the best way to do this so I really could use some help from someone who has made Carla C's patchwork twirl skirt.

The pattern bases all measurements off of 44 inch width fabric 6 diff patterns)
My problem...... One of my materials is 40 inch, 2 at 42 inch, one at 52, one at 54 and i didn't measure the last one. Now the big 3 I'm not worried about, it's the one at 40 inches and 2 at 42 inches. I'm not sure what the best way to go about making the skirt would be while still using the material effectively, any thoughts?

I am not sure the best way to do this so I really could use some help from someone who has made Carla C's patchwork twirl skirt.

The pattern bases all measurements off of 44 inch width fabric 6 diff patterns)
My problem...... One of my materials is 40 inch, 2 at 42 inch, one at 52, one at 54 and i didn't measure the last one. Now the big 3 I'm not worried about, it's the one at 40 inches and 2 at 42 inches. I'm not sure what the best way to go about making the skirt would be while still using the material effectively, any thoughts?

ok forget this I figured it out! I am totally changing the pattern since I wanted a plain ruffle anyways and I am not making the doll skirt I know what I am doing woohooo

nannye said:

Help lol

First, if you haven't already, unzip the file. You should see a list of 15-20 designs. You're looking for the size you want and the correct file type for your machine. You've got a pe770 right? If so, Brother's files end in ".pes" and the size will either be 4x4 or 5x7 on a 770.

You can delete everything except .pes files if you want to save space. They are for other brands and you can convert later if you ever get another type of machine. I don't delete mine b/c we've got lots of storage space, but it's fine to do so.

HTH!
Regards,
C.

I see that you got your questions about this answered. How did things go with the patchwork skirt?

The Dinosaur hoodies were from Target, they were on sale even! Just added the spikes and the applique on the front. They usually have some decent blank hoodies there, I have done Dino hoodies as gifts before, and embellished others for my kids too. Much cheaper than the blank hoodies I have seen on jiffyshirts and the like.

I found about a dozen other cool things on spoonflower but resisted. I have been looking for Woody fabric forever. Our trip to CA is up in the air right now since we are supposed to go with my brother and nephew and my brothers' pay just got cut, so don't know if we are going. I was hoping to make Buzz and Woody bowling shirts with the fabric, which I will probably do anyway. I told my husband if CA and the visit family + a couple days at Disneyland fall thru we should just go back to Disney World!
I don't usually think about Target for their blanks. I usually tend to end up at Walmart for them because our Walmart seems to have more to choose from. We have a Rugged Wearhouse where I pick up super cheap blanks from time to time. Sometimes they have adult blank sweatshirts for $2.99!

I think your Woody bowling shirts will look great. I hope that your family trip works out but if it doesn't, Disney World is always a blast!

I read so much about Hobby Lobby on this thread that I actually drove about 2 hours to go to one a couple years ago. Now there's one about 20 minutes from my house. (I'm glad it's not any closer, it's bad enough having Joann on the way to the grocery store!)

And speaking of fabric, I used the last of it what you sent me :(

IMG_0820.jpg

for a Big Give pocket.

I love the bag that you made for the Big Give. The ribbons around the top were so cute! Did you make the entire bag or did you line an already made canvas bag? I've never worked with canvas because it looks so stiff and difficult.

I just saw the wish family I made big give shirts for received them so I am OK to post them here. I think they turned out super cute, and the best part was I was able to make them with fabric I already had (from the Wall-E, Buzz and Monsters Inc Adult shirt leftovers plus some nemo FQ I had on hand.) They wanted the brothers coordinating, so I tried to make them similar but different.

Fronts

Backs

One boy said Crush was his favorite, the other Nemo, so it worked out well. I love the way Crush came out though, might be one of my favorite appliques I have done.

I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a tote bag pattern that is easy to do and will house at least a 14x14 scrapbook box. I kinda want it to be like a reusable shopping bag I guess, somewhat around that size and depth...

Would appreciate any suggestions
thanks
erin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter