Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Ok ladies, here is my first attempt at an American Girl dress. I am very happy with how it turned out, especially considering I just learned how to make this dress and do appliques in the past few days!

IMG_1522.jpg

I need to go back over the white stitching on the bottom, but other than that, I am happy with it!

This is adorable! Sometimes when I cut clothes for my DD, I will take the scraps and cut doll clothes. When I sew, I get matching outfits and I don't have to re-thread anything.

Got some Applique done for a fellow Diser (Can't remember her dis name now)
The 3 bears from the new movie Brave

IMG_8462 by tricialee22, on Flickr

Angus the horse

IMG_8468 by tricialee22, on Flickr

And Merida;s little brothers.

IMG_8464 by tricialee22, on Flickr

These are cute - I cannot wait to see this movie.

What an overwhelming thread, lol! I've loved looking through for inspiration :)

We are planning our first trip for the week after Thanksgiving and plan on making all the girls clothing for each day (7 days) and a few spares. Also some things for the boys. DS 7, DS 5, DD 4, DD 2.

When you make your clothing do you plan for which parks you will be in?

Welcome! I also have 4 kids to sew for - 3 boys and a girl. I made a spreadsheet and have clothing planned by the days' activities, and even some extra outfits for days I know we will do parks, then hotel/swimming, and back to the parks. I just have so much fun making this stuff...

BTW - Since you have boys to sew for, get your hands on Ottobre magazine. They have the BEST stuff for boys. My two older sons like to look through the magazines and make requests!

Hello! I used to post on this thread way back in 2007/2008, but since I don't have kids of my own, Disney customs aren't that fun!
Not that I haven't made my own Giselle dress in the past. :rolleyes1

Anyway, the staff of the preschool ministry at my church like to do coordinated costumes for our fall festival.
I think one of the women would be a perfect Ariel and she said she'd wear the costume if I make it. :scared: That means that someone would see the INSIDE of one of my creations! :eek:

Needless to say, I'm petrified, but I can do it.

What's the best adult mermaid pattern out there? Any tips you can offer?

Try Simplicity (They have the most variety of adult costumes, but you might get lucky with McCall's too.) - also, you might also want to search costume patterns on Pattern Review.

I am finally getting around to posting the shirts I've made for our upcoming trip. Just 10 more days until we leave. I still have a couple of more shirts to make and 2 autograph bags. I could not have gotten all this accomplished without the help and advice of several people on this board. You guys helped me from picking out the embroidery machine (PE770) to which threads to use to helping me find great digitizers and help picking out editing software. Thanks for all the great advice! I still have lots to learn and my new sewing machine arrived yesterday, but that new project may have to wait until we get back from vacation.

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

I am finally getting around to posting the shirts I've made for our upcoming trip. Just 10 more days until we leave. I still have a couple of more shirts to make and 2 autograph bags. I could not have gotten all this accomplished without the help and advice of several people on this board. You guys helped me from picking out the embroidery machine (PE770) to which threads to use to helping me find great digitizers and help picking out editing software. Thanks for all the great advice! I still have lots to learn and my new sewing machine arrived yesterday, but that new project may have to wait until we get back from vacation.

All of these shirts are GREAT!!!! :yay:

First, Thanks to each and everyone of you who prayed for Lisa. The surgery was postponed until summer, due to Devine Intervention from above. If you want to know what REALLY happened, click on over to our TR (Not to be confused with our LATEST PTR...yes, we get to go back to Florida, Thanks to Pete’s brother!) Our PTR will also have some about our DIS meet in Charlotte, so feel free to sign in and say hi please.

So many were kind to respond to Lynn’s (cajunfan) request for hospital gowns for Lisa; however, not all have been pictured here and they were such a HUGE hit and brought Lisa such joy that they MUST be shared for all to see!

Amy (thebeesknees) made Lisa one, along with a matching gown for her doll Molly.

e9bcef13.jpg

0668eb01.jpg

b93b0cf1.jpg

c7446bae.jpg

Lynn’s gown in action.

0e63f987.jpg

th_IMG_7063.jpg
th_IMG_7065.jpg
th_IMG_7067.jpg
th_IMG_7075.jpg

th_IMG_7076.jpg
th_IMG_7077.jpg
th_IMG_7078.jpg
th_IMG_7080.jpg
th_IMG_7081.jpg
Wow!!! You've been busy! I absolutely love everything! My favorites are the Cinderella carriage -- I just love the colors and the metallic thread -- and I also like the Disney character font t's. You all are going to be one well dressed family!

First, Thanks to each and everyone of you who prayed for Lisa. The surgery was postponed until summer, due to Devine Intervention from above. If you want to know what REALLY happened, click on over to our TR (Not to be confused with our LATEST PTR...yes, we get to go back to Florida, Thanks to Pete’s brother!) Our PTR will also have some about our DIS meet in Charlotte, so feel free to sign in and say hi please.

So many were kind to respond to Lynn’s (cajunfan) request for hospital gowns for Lisa; however, not all have been pictured here and they were such a HUGE hit and brought Lisa such joy that they MUST be shared for all to see!

Amy (thebeesknees) made Lisa one, along with a matching gown for her doll Molly.

th_e9bcef13.jpg

th_0668eb01.jpg

th_b93b0cf1.jpg

th_c7446bae.jpg

Lynn’s gown in action.

th_0e63f987.jpg
I'm so happy Lynn organized this and that you got such a nice response from so many. Even though Lisa had a horrendous stay, it's nice to see her smiling in all the photos. I think the cheery colors of the gown probably help!

How did I get so far behind, AGAIN???

Here are some items I recently did for Justin's BG that the family has received. Amy helped by buying the shirts, Heather helped by giving us all the designs, and Amy paid for the shipping. Amy's dd Allison also enclosed an AWESOME picture in the package.

Boy's Shirts:
th_BGJustinPPCH.jpg
th_PP.jpg
th_BGJustinCH.jpg

Dress:
th_BGJustinTink1.jpg
th_BGJustinTink2.jpg

Wow. The shirts turned our great and I love the dress.

Two questions: Your t-shirts are so puckerfree -- unlike some of mine. How often do you change your needle and did you use your favorite Floriani? I finally made a note to myself in permanent marker to get some of that magical stuff (even though you've said more than once that it's $ and you go without lunch for a week so you can afford it.)

Recently doing some rearranging in my sewing quadrant I came across a patchwork skirt I started a very long time ago. None of the fanciness that you do, but I'll have to find a reason to complete it.

This is a long weekend for us. My weekend project was to plant a few annuals and work on a set of baby shower gift. This is the baby shower gift (bibs, burpies, and a crayon roll for the older sibling). One burpie is partly flipped over to show the back:
th_EowynShowerGifts.jpg

What fun! I love the way they turned out. I'm tempted to make a burpie just for the fun of it.

Ok ladies, here is my first attempt at an American Girl dress. I am very happy with how it turned out, especially considering I just learned how to make this dress and do appliques in the past few days!

th_IMG_1522.jpg

I need to go back over the white stitching on the bottom, but other than that, I am happy with it!

It looks great. I love the fabric you chose. I've made that patten a couple times -- it's so versatile.

Here is a shirt I made for Tori tonight..Want to try a skirt I think to match.

th_IMG_1523.jpg

How sweet.

Just to prove to you all I do still sew I am posting some new things I made. I have been working on orders which are recreations of previous items I made so I don't post those :)

These were for an emergency Big Give on Facebook
th_breynabiggive.jpg
th_0a2de831.jpg

Off to a meeting at Js school and then home to work on some orders.

They turned out beautifully (if you can say that about boy's clothing). You always do the nicest job coordinating skirts with your tops.

Angus the horse

I haven't seen the movie. I'm usually up to date with Disney movies. I love your t-shirts -- especially the horse -- or -- maybe especially the brothers.

th_IMG_7063.jpg
th_IMG_7065.jpg
th_IMG_7067.jpg

th_IMG_7075.jpg
th_IMG_7076.jpg
th_IMG_7077.jpg

th_IMG_7078.jpg
th_IMG_7080.jpg
th_IMG_7081.jpg

Wow! You've been busy. You have a few designs I haven't seen before. I love the color shirt you chose for the Epcot shirts and I love Cinderella's carriage.

th_b93b0cf1.jpg

Lynn’s gown in action.

th_0e63f987.jpg

So cool that Lisa has had a number of boutique gowns. I'm sure they've cheered her up, given the staff a smile, and been a converation starter.

My goodness, are you still working on those? They are for a craft fair, right???? If so, when is it?

I hope that you get done with the nursing covers very soon. I hate having to make so many of the same thing! How many more until you are finished? I think you should put a countdown ticker in your signature.

Oh my golly Carrie I cannot fathom that you are still plugging away at those nursing covers!!! how many do you intend to make??? You are one dedicated woman that's for sure!

Thank you all for the continued encouragement! Honestly, I'm kind of embarrassed that this is taking so long. I'm really antsy to sew something fun! I was planning on a craft show/mom-2-mom sale last weekend, but I didn't get finished for it. I really haven't had all that much sewing time lately, so I'll try to find another one this summer. When finished there will be 56 of them total. I've done about 35, and the rest are all ironed and pinned for the final steps. I've just got to sit and do it!

Good Morning all!

FYI I started a PTR for our DISmeet in Charlotte and a couple we are meeting up with in Atlanta...stop on by and feel free to post updates and photos so we know what we all look like :goodvibes

link is in my siggie!

Man! I'm really envious of those of you going to this! I mentioned the idea to dh, since Charlotte is only 4 hours past my parents in TN. I could drop off my kids and keep driving. :goodvibes He was less than enthusiastic. I think I'll live vicariously through those of you going. ;)

Just to prove to you all I do still sew I am posting some new things I made. I have been working on orders which are recreations of previous items I made so I don't post those :)

These were for an emergency Big Give on Facebook
th_breynabiggive.jpg

th_0a2de831.jpg

Off to a meeting at Js school and then home to work on some orders.

Both are really cute! I love the color combo on the Princess skirt!

I must say that my niece's wedding was very nice and my dd was the flower girl, but it was a bit of a long trip for such a short time (we had to fly for 5.5 hours and drive for 4 to get there - luckily the flight back was shorter (only 4 hours) as it was more direct - the drive was still the same). And we were lucky to see 2 moose on the drive (they were in the swamp to the side of the road and not right in front of us). Now we need a vacation from the wedding.

On an exciting note, I get to pick up a package from the post office today - it is from my cousin and it will be my Aunt's serger!:banana::banana::banana: I am looking forward to getting it unpacked and figuring out how to use it!

Wow! That's a lot of travel in one weekend! Good luck with your new toy!

Angus the horse

Those are all really cute! I'm getting more and more interested in that movie!

What an overwhelming thread, lol! I've loved looking through for inspiration :)

We are planning our first trip for the week after Thanksgiving and plan on making all the girls clothing for each day (7 days) and a few spares. Also some things for the boys. DS 7, DS 5, DD 4, DD 2.

When you make your clothing do you plan for which parks you will be in?

Welcome! I do a little more generic for most outfits because I like my kids to be able to wear the outfits at home after the trip. So, for example, I probably wouldn't do a Chef Mickey's logo, but more likely characters from the meal. That's just my preference, though. The very specific outfits others do here are awesome, too!

th_IMG_7078.jpg

th_IMG_7080.jpg

All of your outfits look great! My favorites are the Character spelling Disney. Did you like the stitch out of that design?

th_e9bcef13.jpg

So glad to hear things stopped when you needed them to! I hope you all are feeling much less stressed this week!

And now, some Robin photos:
Mama Bird
IMG_0698.jpg

Newborns
IMG_0699.jpg

Toddlers
IMG_3162.jpg

It won't be long now! They are sitting on top of each other!
IMG_3206.jpg

Regards,
C.

All of your outfits look great! My favorites are the Character spelling Disney. Did you like the stitch out of that design?

C.

It stitches a little sloppy in some places. I did a practice run and decided to skip steps 3 and 4 and then skipped some stitches in in steps 17 and 19 (I think it was 17 -- definitely 19). It was the black around Pluto, the black in Donald's hat and some of the black in Tigger. I also changed colors between Pluto and Tigger which the original digitized design did not call for. I still like the design, but thought it needed a little work.

I am not thrilled with the Tink -- the greens all lined up as did the lavenders but there was no way to make it look good -- I like the Tink I did for Glo much better. I still think it's decent though and hope Callie enjoys the dress (she's modeling it in the ptr).

Dress:
BGJustinTink1.jpg

BGJustinTink2.jpg

Some close ups:
BGJustinTink3.jpg

BGJustinTink4.jpg

BGJustinTink5.jpg

BGJustinTink6.jpg

I love this dress. I think it is sweet. Would you be able to post a clear picture of what the back looks like, the top portion?

Thanks, Tammie

Here is a shirt I made for Tori tonight..Want to try a skirt I think to match.

IMG_1523.jpg
this is just awesome! :)

Love all the t-shirts people posted...:love:

I worked on my stuff for the big give tonight,
35d6daf8.jpg

Things I learned tonight:

my seam ripper is my new best friend.

irons will indeed melt the tops of your pins.

sewing with a 4 yo hanging on each arm is a challenge :rotfl:

the tension knob does indeed need to be adjusted when going from a heavy fabric to a light one. bonus to this...I learned how to make ruffles :rotfl:

Just hoping if I get on this thread it will motivate me to finish our stuff for the trip! We have 20some days left and I have only finished one outfit (out of like 6 eeek). Ive just not been in the sewing mood I guess.

I am not thrilled with the Tink -- the greens all lined up as did the lavenders but there was no way to make it look good -- I like the Tink I did for Glo much better. I still think it's decent though and hope Callie enjoys the dress (she's modeling it in the ptr).

BGJustinTink2.jpg

I got to see the Tink in person and I must say I think it's fabulous, wonderful details and I think Callie and her mom loves it.

Not Disney but made my nieces and nephew outfits for a trip to the zoo. I really liked the fabric. I would sew up the arm holes a little bit more on the pillowcase dresses next time. I love how easy the bowling shirt pattern is. I’m totally a newbie with sewing and it’s so easy. :thumbsup2

Sorry for the weird pictures, I didn’t take any before dressing the kids and I’m trying not to show my sisters’ kids faces on the internet!:rolleyes:

Dress 1:
Dress2.jpg

Dress 2:
Dress1back.jpg

Dress1.jpg

Bowling shirt:
shirt1.jpg

Playing in the dirt:
playingindirt.jpg

oh how i missed this cozy lil part of my world...been super busy with end of the school year stuff and sewing sewing sewing! made 22 crayon rollups and am making lots of things and upcycling lots of things for dgd Liberty's shower this weekend...all 7 grandkids passed their grade with flying colors so they will all be in BIG school in aug. 2 KG'rs,3- 2nd graders,1- 3rd grader and a 5th grader...and new baby Liberty coming in july...
now that scool is out and my hours at work have been cut for the summer { don't get me started!!!! so sad} but that means i will have more time to chill sew and check in here....i'm looking forward to catching up ...i am almost 20 pages behind..so off i go to see what lovelies you all have created...happy summer all!

I am finally getting around to posting the shirts I've made for our upcoming trip.

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg
Wow, I love everything! They all turned out great! Your family will be so well dressed at Disney! I am glad that we could help you get ready for your trip. Have a wonderful time!

I love the hospital gown. That was so sweet of everybody to send them to you. I am sure that they made the hospital stay a little more tolerable.

And now, some Robin photos:
Mama Bird
IMG_0698.jpg

Newborns
IMG_0699.jpg

Toddlers
IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

Regards,
C.
Your baby birds grew up so quickly. They will definitely be flying away from home soon. Thanks for sharing the neat pictures!

t
I worked on my stuff for the big give tonight,
35d6daf8.jpg

Things I learned tonight:

my seam ripper is my new best friend.

irons will indeed melt the tops of your pins.

sewing with a 4 yo hanging on each arm is a challenge :rotfl:

the tension knob does indeed need to be adjusted when going from a heavy fabric to a light one. bonus to this...I learned how to make ruffles :rotfl:
Your big give items look great. It seems like you learned a lot of new stuff all in one night.:thumbsup2

Dress 1:
Dress2.jpg

Dress 2:
Dress1back.jpg

Dress1.jpg

Bowling shirt:
shirt1.jpg
Those turned out so cute! I totally understand about the pictures. My sister is like that with her son.

made 22 crayon rollups and am making lots of things and upcycling lots of things for dgd Liberty's shower this weekend...all 7 grandkids passed their grade with flying colors so they will all be in BIG school in aug. 2 KG'rs,3- 2nd graders,1- 3rd grader and a 5th grader...and new baby Liberty coming in july...
now that scool is out and my hours at work have been cut for the summer { don't get me started!!!! so sad} but that means i will have more time to chill sew and check in here....i'm looking forward to catching up ...i am almost 20 pages behind..so off i go to see what lovelies you all have created...happy summer all!
Where are the pictures Beth????? You can't just tell us that you made stuff and then not show us the pictures!:laughing: It is great that all the kids did so well in school this year. Sorry that your summer work hours have been cut but at least you will have more time to sew and spend with the grand kids.

IMG_7063.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7076.jpg

IMG_7077.jpg

IMG_7078.jpg

IMG_7080.jpg

IMG_7081.jpg

WOW!! These look amazing!! Great job!

Not Disney but made my nieces and nephew outfits for a trip to the zoo. I really liked the fabric. I would sew up the arm holes a little bit more on the pillowcase dresses next time. I love how easy the bowling shirt pattern is. I’m totally a newbie with sewing and it’s so easy. :thumbsup2

Sorry for the weird pictures, I didn’t take any before dressing the kids and I’m trying not to show my sisters’ kids faces on the internet!:rolleyes:

Dress 1:
Dress2.jpg

Dress 2:
Dress1back.jpg

Dress1.jpg

Bowling shirt:
shirt1.jpg

Playing in the dirt:
playingindirt.jpg

How adorable! You've inspired me to want to get the bowling shirt pattern!!!

So last night I made my first cloth diaper for my niece. It wasn't perfect, but I am happy with how it turned out!

And then I made this Snow White skirt for Tori. This is the first part of my trip outfit planning!

AtjCO4nCEAAuSh1.jpg

And of course, I can't post without asking a question. How do you do appliques like this? I know how to do the frame, but how do you go back and put the name in there? Isn't it hard to line up exactly?

thumb_swirl_frame_name.jpg

I love that snow white skirt!~!

And - where did you ever find that DISNEY logo with the characters - that is a must have for me!!!!

Would anyone be willing to make eye spy bags for Aziza and Reed?:goodvibes

I love that snow white skirt!~!

And - where did you ever find that DISNEY logo with the characters - that is a must have for me!!!!

Would anyone be willing to make eye spy bags for Aziza and Reed?:goodvibes

Thank you! I love that material!!! What is an eye spy bag?

Great job! I am excited to see that movie!!

Fabulous work as usual :)

WOW those came out amazing and SO CUTE!

These are cute - I cannot wait to see this movie.

Thanks all.

I haven't seen the movie. I'm usually up to date with Disney movies. I love your t-shirts -- especially the horse -- or -- maybe especially the brothers.

The movie will be released on June 22, that's probably why you haven't seen it yet. The brothers are my favorite, but I have actually gotten 2 orders for the bears, and none for the others, weird.

Those are all really cute! I'm getting more and more interested in that movie!

th_IMG_3206.jpg

Regards,
C.

thanks and cool pics of the robin family. Looks like they are doing well, and will be practicing with their wings in no time.

Playing in the dirt:
th_playingindirt.jpg

Great stuff. I love the bowling shirt pattern and try to tell everyone that it is not scary. Glad you liked it.

th_AtjCO4nCEAAuSh1.jpg

And of course, I can't post without asking a question. How do you do appliques like this? I know how to do the frame, but how do you go back and put the name in there? Isn't it hard to line up exactly?

thumb_swirl_frame_name.jpg

That skirt is great.

th_IMG_7063.jpg

Great shirts. YOu guys will look awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter