Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Sandi- you are costing a fortune!:lmao: Yesterday I ordered Ottobre magazine and today I am planning a trip to the outlet! One of my best friends and I frequently do "Monday field trips". We plan an outing and leave right after the kids go to school. Reading might be a bit far for one of our Monday outings because we have to be home in time to pick up from school at 2:40. But I am going to see if we can possible squeeze it in. I just got that Burda pattern to make myself a new dress and it would be nice to get the fabric for it at a bargain price! I am going to check their website right now.:hyper:

Yes, Sandi is definitely helping us find some nice fabric today!

Hmm, you seem to be ignoring our requests to see the dress you already made yourself!!!!

MICHELLE: If you subscribe to a thread but don't get e-mail notices then what good does subscribing do? I'm confused (nothing new).

Yes, what she said...

I stitched out Mickey & Minnie for the safari Mish-Mash skirt I need to decide how to place them on the ungathered skirt before I gather it and sew the waistband on. Any preferences? (the ones with all 4 are the front and the ones that are two and two are side views)

20120428_Shover_1524.jpg

I'm with Andrea (yet again!) I like that one ^^^ best.

My inlaws live right near the one in Lemoyne - it's decent, what they have varies - I try to get there when we are in PA. The one you need to visit is Fabric Mart in Sinking Springs (Reading). Seriously...Dianne, it would be worth the drive from Gaithersburg - esp. if you want to get some nice apparel fabric. I've been in person and walked out with $110 spent and TWO kitchen garbage bag-size bags full of fabric. I love their stuff - order from them online a lot!

Linky-loo please so I can add it to my fabric-resource links (you enabler you ;) )

*edit* Nevermind, I googled. Here it is in case anyone else wanted to see: http://www.fabricmartfabrics.com/xcart/home.php

Sunshine

MICHELLE: If you subscribe to a thread but don't get e-mail notices then what good does subscribing do? I'm confused (nothing new).

if you don't already know this....
if there is an update on the thread it will come up on your USER CP section....see the blue line, in the far left side corner, if you click on that it will bring up all your subbed threads with new posts!

Lots of enabling today! I love it!

I'm having a bad sewing day.:(

I promised my friend pillows for her birthday and that I'd have them together by the coming week when our other friends visit. Well......

I've had trouble from the start. I love how sturdy and solid they look and feel, but my machine can not handle it. I've already hand sewed the ruffle on, and now I have to hand sew the back to the front. I hope she really loves them. I have HOURS of labor in them now. Honestly, I don't mind, I'm just anxious to finish Natalie's Car dress and start on her Jessie dress.

I need a heavy duty machine. I'll add that to the list right after my embroidary machine. :rolleyes1

Sandi- you are costing a fortune!:lmao: Yesterday I ordered Ottobre magazine and today I am planning a trip to the outlet! One of my best friends and I frequently do "Monday field trips". We plan an outing and leave right after the kids go to school. Reading might be a bit far for one of our Monday outings because we have to be home in time to pick up from school at 2:40. But I am going to see if we can possible squeeze it in. I just got that Burda pattern to make myself a new dress and it would be nice to get the fabric for it at a bargain price! I am going to check their website right now.:hyper:

Yes, Sandi is definitely helping us find some nice fabric today!

:lmao: I'd save Reading for a day with no school - you can also go to the VF Outlets which are freakin' huge and a real outlet, not the mall kind.

Hmm, you seem to be ignoring our requests to see the dress you already made yourself!!!!

I click on User CP and go straight to my subscribed threads with that when I get on the Dis.

I went to Joann's today with my 30% off Daffodil Dash coupon. Notions were 50% off and they now have 3 yard packages of really nice 1 inch waistband elastic in bright colors. I got the last pack of hot pink at my store. :banana:

I should get the Animal Kingdom skirt done tonight and start on the coordinating top which will have Donald on it driving a hot pink zebra stripe jeep (DD's idea - I love it!).

Also, on my streak of enabling - if you are an Old Navy cardholder, you can get 30% off this weekend. I got some blanks I will embroider on this way.

if you don't already know this....
if there is an update on the thread it will come up on your USER CP section....see the blue line, in the far left side corner, if you click on that it will bring up all your subbed threads with new posts!
I had absolutely no clue! Now I have to start subscribing to some threads. I currently just dig through my history bar to find threads.

I click on User CP and go straight to my subscribed threads with that when I get on the Dis.

I went to Joann's today with my 30% off Daffodil Dash coupon. Notions were 50% off and they now have 3 yard packages of really nice 1 inch waistband elastic in bright colors. I got the last pack of hot pink at my store. :banana:

I should get the Animal Kingdom skirt done tonight and start on the coordinating top which will have Donald on it driving a hot pink zebra stripe jeep (DD's idea - I love it!).

Also, on my streak of enabling - if you are an Old Navy cardholder, you can get 30% off this weekend. I got some blanks I will embroider on this way.
Wow! I hope our Joann's has the colored elastic. I want to make a circle skirt and would love colored elastic for it. Both our Joann's are small though so I don't hold a lot of hope.

And I do like ON shirts -- but I really should use some of my current stash.

I have been busy today starting my BG item and it's time consuming. And my embroidery machine left some dark spots on one of the items I was doing -- most (but not quite all) of it came out with Dawn but I was livid and have no clue where the gunk came from.

Sandi you are probably right about saving Reading for a day when the kids are out of school. Of course, now that my girls are in middle school, they love shopping so it will cost me an arm and a leg to take them along.:rotfl2:

This week I finished up this outfit:
P4250060.jpg

It is very similar to other outfits that I have made in the past.

Then I made this dress. It was very easy to sew. It only has 3 pattern pieces. I like the pattern ok but I have to make it longer. It turned out much shorter than expected. I have another one in short sleeve cut out and waiting to be sewn. Sorry that the picture is so horrible!!!!
P4280073.jpg

Then I made this for my niece. A few weeks ago, I ordered a scrap box from the Fabric Fairy. It was like $20 for a box stuffed full of different pieces of knit fabrics, none larger than 1 yard and some were only 1/8 yard. I thought it would be a fun challenge to see what I could make with them. The box was full of amazing, adorable stuff. This is only the first thing I've made. There is a ton of fabric left to work with.

P4280068.jpg

P4280069.jpg

P4280070.jpg

I am pretty sure that Sandi posted the link for the tank top. It was a free Ottobre pattern. I think that Sally posted the link to the skirt. It needed some adjusting to the pattern but I will make it again since it turned out super cute!

Ugh! Where did my quotes go??????

JUDY, LISA and D:
I will still come ~ I just didn't know what was going on as I'm not in on the FB thing and I didn't want to impose on Judy b/c I know what a hectic life she has with homeschooling and Dr's appts. I really just don't want to be a burden on Judy and make this work for her -- I want fun for Judy!!!

Let's see what else...

THE DUCKS: I did tell the kids -- they caught on pretty quick when I let the dogs out in the backyard rather than walking them. I showed them the shells and told them that maybe the mama saved a few babies (though I know it was a lie) and we found a footprint in the mud near the nest which doesn't exactly look like a raccoon, opossum, or fox, but dh thinks it best matches the opossum (who I saw walking along our fence one evening not too long ago). The kids took it really well and actually seemed unphased. I am slowly doing better but still am very upset by the whole situation.

ADORABLE quilt square Princess Mickey :)

Glad you're coming... I don't think airfare will ever drop below $371. :(

I am just so sad about the baby duckies... I am glad that the kids seem to be dealing with it though.

Wow! So much great stuff has been posted this week. Definately TMTQ but everything has been fabulous. love all the outfits, the sweet babies, love it all. Today my oldest DS had Prairie Day at school. All the kids got to dress up and they did several games and activities from way back then and sample foods they would have ate and even made their own butter. Last week the kids colored a quilt square. Over the weekend and early this week I sewed all their quilt squares together with batting and a plain white square on the back. Today one of the activities was to hand quilt their squares so I volunteered to help all the kiddos with their quilting, mostly it was just getting knots out but it was alot of fun. DS is taking after his mom and did a fabulous job going around three of the squares. Hard to see but he quilted around the big one in the middle, the top left and bottom right squares.
003-2.jpg

004-3.jpg

005-2.jpg

Here is the backpack I made for the last give.
002-1.jpg

I'm currently working on three of these for the current give.

Popping in with another peek - stitching out Safari Mickey right now!

20120426_Shover_1521.jpg

Love the quilt squares and the backpack!

Sandi you are probably right about saving Reading for a day when the kids are out of school. Of course, now that my girls are in middle school, they love shopping so it will cost me an arm and a leg to take them along.:rotfl2:

P4250060.jpg

Then I made this dress. It was very easy to sew. It only has 3 pattern pieces. I like the pattern ok but I have to make it longer. It turned out much shorter than expected. I have another one in short sleeve cut out and waiting to be sewn. Sorry that the picture is so horrible!!!!
P4280073.jpg

Then I made this for my niece. A few weeks ago, I ordered a scrap box from the Fabric Fairy. It was like $20 for a box stuffed full of different pieces of knit fabrics, none larger than 1 yard and some were only 1/8 yard. I thought it would be a fun challenge to see what I could make with them. The box was full of amazing, adorable stuff. This is only the first thing I've made. There is a ton of fabric left to work with.

P4280068.jpg

P4280069.jpg

P4280070.jpg

I am pretty sure that Sandi posted the link for the tank top. It was a free Ottobre pattern. I think that Sally posted the link to the skirt. It needed some adjusting to the pattern but I will make it again since it turned out super cute!

That dress is great Diane - it looks really comfy! And I love your Mickey outfit and the little girls dress - that skirt is adorable!

YAY, I finally got my fabric in the mail, and made my first dress!!

DRESS007.jpg

You did a great job on your frist dress!!! I just love the fabrics you chose! :) Your dd looks so cute and I just love the matching fabric hair bow, as well.

D~

Popping in to say...IT'S A BOY! No bows and ruffles...again. lol! C-section is scheduled for Sept. 4.

Sorry I went mia again. Been a rough 2 months. I really NEED to sew something. :)

You did a great job on your frist dress!!! I just love the fabrics you chose! :) Your dd looks so cute and I just love the matching fabric hair bow, as well.

D~
Thank you SO much, I was so nervous! When it was done, I thought, hey, it looks like a dress, so I guess I didnt do too bad! :lmao:

Popping in to say...IT'S A BOY! No bows and ruffles...again. lol! C-section is scheduled for Sept. 4.
Congratulations!! I know the feeling of no bows and ruffles again, I have 6 boys!! We'll be glad once theyre in their teens, though!!:rotfl:

I totally hear you on the distance thing . . . it would be so cool to get to meet you one day! You inspire me with all the things you do with your 4x4 machine!!! As much as I didn't want to go to Montana last summer, I'm glad it gave me the opportunity to meet D~ in person and hand deliver her patterns to her :)

I haven't had a chance to do much this week - migraines had taken over my life the past few days :( I need to work on my BigGive items and I need to make a Mickey Mouse present for a friend's two year old . . . He loves all things Mickey and his birthday is on Cinco de Mayo . . . any suggestions?

Awww thank you for your kind words about my work. I just try my best with what I have!

I am sorry to hear about the migraine problem. I hope it will pass soon. I would suggest a Mickey applique on a crayon holder made with an appropriate print. I have fabric in my stash from a garage sale that screams "fiesta!" to me, so that's why I am making that suggestion.

Ugh, I have totally lost my sewing mojo. I NEED to be at the machine working on SOMETHING but I'm just not feeling it:confused3. I even tried pulling out all of my fabric stash to see if anything inspired me and nothing. :sad2: Hopefully this will pass soon so I can get more things done for our trip.

Sunshine

I think that's your body's way of saying you need some "me time." :hug: Try to take some time for yourself and see if your sewing mojo comes back.

I vote for the second option.

th_P4250060.jpg

th_P4280073.jpg

th_P4280068.jpg

Great job on the outfits again! I am sure the picture of your dress doesn't do it justice! I enjoy seeing what others make for themselves so hopefully you can get a better picture of it *hint hint*.

th_DRESS007.jpg

Great job on the dress...and you said you needed lots of luck?! I think you are doing very well!

Sorry I went mia again. Been a rough 2 months. I really NEED to sew something. :)

I guess you will be doing lots of bowling shirts then :)

P4250060.jpg

P4280073.jpg

P4280068.jpg

P4280069.jpg

P4280070.jpg

I love the Mickey outfit. I think the dress turned out great, and it looks good with the pair of jeans! Also love the knit outfit. I need to start sewing with knits again. It's been awhile but I think maybe my boys would wear something I made if it was with knit. Have fun with the rest of your box!

DRESS007.jpg

Love the dress, it looks great!!

Congrats on the boy!! I only have boys so I don't know what it's like sewing bows and ruffles.

Thank YOU everyone for your prayers and thoughts! They definitely worked!![/COLOR]

Introducing Caroline Paige.. She was 5lbs 15oz and 17in long.
IMAG0472.jpg

I got there just after she had her but unfortunately she's stuck in NICU for a week so I don't get to hold her or see her for myself. :sad2:They said only Parents/Grandparents. I was completely bummed!! Then of all weekends, this upcoming one I'm going to Alabama for the Everything Applique Conference so I won't be able to go see her then either. BAH HAMBAUGH. Tho, I talked to my brother today and all is well...Both girls are doing great! :)

Thanks for letting me share my joy with you ladies and again, I really appreciate all the prayers. I have so many projects I need to get back to work on and so many pages to catch up too.. Everything I saw was just precious!
oh how sweet is she....so glad everyone is well! and I too love the name! I have a grandangel named Caroline Elizabeth Waye S.
be sure to share pix when you get to snuggle with her!

I got some PJ's done last week for a lady that is local to me and wanted these and then a Vida for her daughters 1st B-Day in July. Haven't gotten the Measurements for her chest to do the Vida yet, but here are the Pyjamas.

525592_337223962998495_303494936371398_902110_120278066_n.jpg

Wow those Curious Georg PJ's are AMAZING!!! I would love to make some for my Daughter. I live in the UK and cannot get any decent fabric, and certainly no Curious George over here. Can I ask where you got it from? We're going on holiday in May to Florida and hoping to visit Joann's and Michaels (the only 2 craft shops I've heard of over there!). I'm hoping to fill a suitcase with fabric on the way home! :thumbsup2

th_P4250060.jpg

th_P4280073.jpg

th_P4280068.jpg
th_P4280069.jpg
th_P4280070.jpg

The Mickey set is adorable!

I love your dress -- I like the length, but I can see a bit longer would be nicer. I just usually wear my shorter sweater dresses over leggings with boots, so you can always put leggings on if you feel you want more coverage. The dress looks really comfy and from what I can see in the fuzzy pic the fit looks really good. I can't wait to see the next one you have cut out. Is this one the Burda pattern? Are we EVER going to see your other dress????

Gret outfit for your niece. I love both the shirt and skirt. So was the fabric box worth it? I really need to get some more knits -- I'm currently busy with a BG and then I need to make dd an outfit for a birthday party on Sunday -- I thought it was two weeks away, but nope, it's a week away! It's just an Insa skirt and appliqued t so it should go really fast (yes, I, the slow sewer, said that!)

th_DRESS007.jpg
It turned out awesome! and what a cute model!

D~
:scared1: Seriously??? I can't believe it's that high? I can't believe that -- so much so that I'm going to snoop myself and look up some airfares for you!

Congrats on the boy :) Your ds is going to love having a playmate close in age. It's also faster sewing things without bows and ruffles ;) I am sorry it's been a rough couple of months for you. I really hope you are feeling better and that all goes smooth with the pregnancy.

Wow those Curious Georg PJ's are AMAZING!!! I would love to make some for my Daughter. I live in the UK and cannot get any decent fabric, and certainly no Curious George over here. Can I ask where you got it from? We're going on holiday in May to Florida and hoping to visit Joann's and Michaels (the only 2 craft shops I've heard of over there!). I'm hoping to fill a suitcase with fabric on the way home! :thumbsup2
Tricia is in Canada so it's likely that fabric was from there. To my knowledge, Michaels does not carry fabric. Our two main fabric stores are Joanns and Hancocks. Hobby Lobby and Walmart also sell fabric. I have seen Curious George at Walmart, but it's a bright print. And not all Walmarts have fabric either -- hopefully someone in the Orlando area can chime in and let you know what stores to look at.

I will attempt to respond as appropriate, Hope I don't mess up all of these quotes... :rolleyes1 I didn't grab any of the BEAUTIFUL pics of the awesome outfits this time, but they all make this non-sewing non/appliquéing person :worship::worship:
know I already have a bed....am willing to share if its big enough, know megan will be in with the girls anyways!!

Lisa forgot to grab your quote last time..your bed is a queen in the guest room.

oh dang, you got me Judy, yes I am quick to lose my cool....you are the more level headed between the two of us....I think its your southern charm and voice that people fall in love with!!
Level-headed...nah...but OOZING southern charm...after all I was Miss NC Charm~Charlotte a LONG time ago. :rotfl2:
As much as I would love to come and meet you and many othres, the distance just isn't practical for us. I was fortunate to get a chance to meet Lisa in February. I hope I will get a chance to meet Chiara later in August at Disney World.

I am sorry to hear that your princess Lisa is having more health issues. I will continue to pray for your family.

I would love to meet you as well, I KNOW Lisa enjoyed her time with you! :love: A trip to Disney in August...sounds FUN! THANK YOU for your prayers, they are SO appreciated!

Judy - I tried to grab one of your posts to quote, but it got all messed up. I know you mean business and I'm glad you've talked some sense into Andrea :)
Thanks Marianne, we were actually all on the same page, just making sure we all knew the plan!

It would be so great if you could come down too, Chiara! I know you're most familiar with the Concord area, and like Judy said, she isn't too far from there. . . I'm down in SW Charlotte near Carowinds and not too far from Ballantyne (where i think there is another Embassy Suites, but I'm not 100%). Mary Jo's is maybe 20 mins. from me? Anyway, I know you've been down for your art workshops and the race, right? Let me know if i can help in any way!
MUST stay in Concord...it would be less expensive, you would be closer to me :lmao: and Ballantyne is directly DIAGONAL to Concord...long drive. Although my DIS friend Michelle/Tink stayed at a very nice place between 77 and 85 that I found for her last year and it was a studio for around $75 a night, with breakfast...They couldn't stay with us due to allergies to Bandit (for those who don't know, he is a MIRACLE dog).

I haven't had a chance to do much this week - migraines had taken over my life the past few days :( I need to work on my BigGive items and I need to make a Mickey Mouse present for a friend's two year old . . . He loves all things Mickey and his birthday is on Cinco de Mayo . . . any suggestions?

Take care of yourself Marianne, I know all about those migraines because of David and Lisa. :hug:
Have we met before... your Blue Letters look familiar :lmao:
You recognized my trademark, nice of you to notice :rotfl2: But there will be one VERY IMPORTANT person missing from our August meet...:(

I didn't realized that many people were planning on coming either and I am on FB:rolleyes1
Change your mind??? Lisa B has room in her bed!

I had absolutely no clue! Now I have to start subscribing to some threads. I currently just dig through my history bar to find threads.
Lisa taught me that trick a few weeks/months ago (I lose track of time, wonder why).

Wow! I hope our Joann's has the colored elastic. I want to make a circle skirt and would love colored elastic for it. Both our Joann's are small though so I don't hold a lot of hope.
I LOVE my circle skirt! I think I will learn that first, so I can make the girls twirl everywhere.

I have been busy today starting my BG item and it's time consuming. And my embroidery machine left some dark spots on one of the items I was doing -- most (but not quite all) of it came out with Dawn but I was livid and have no clue where the gunk came from.
Sorry about the dark spots! Any ideas on how to get black "oil scuffs" off of a hat that can't be put in the washing machine??

YIKES D~ Does that mean you can't come??? That is a lot of money! :scared1:
I am just so sad about the baby duckies... I am glad that the kids seem to be dealing with it though.
Me too!

Alicia when I saw yor message to me I was :woohoo: CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!
Sorry I went mia again. Been a rough 2 months. I really NEED to sew something.
:hug: for your rough month! I really NEED something sewn for Lisa, and everybody I know that sews is busy with upcoming trips and school projects. I should PM you and ask if you could do it and how much...

I haven't been here in a while ...... but couldn't resist replying to THIS message! :goodvibes

That's awesome news. Congrats Alicia!

th_P4250060.jpg

th_P4280073.jpg

th_P4280068.jpg

th_P4280069.jpg

th_P4280070.jpg

!

I was going to say you can always put leggings under the dress. Love all the kiddo outfits

DRESS007.jpg

This is just precious.

Best of luck Alicia.

Catching up on more orders today and working on a project too.

I have been lurking for a while now, looking at everyone's beautiful creations, so I thought it was about time I put some of mine up.

Please be gentle on me... these are a few of the first things I have ever made. I only have a simple sewing machine, no serger or anything like that and I don't know how to applique... I live in the UK and had the mouse heads on the dresses shipped from Etsy and ironed on :blush:

Nethertheless I am very proud of them and my DD LOVES wearing them. I have made them for our first trip to WDW next month...

7124111457_ddf68bf684.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

7124106245_15843c7581.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

6978025538_267015be6a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

url]

7124098255_3bca751b2c.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

url], on Flickr

6978012012_52686082cd.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

url]

Also make a camera strap cover for myself! :)

7124095687_00bb45687a.jpg
[/url][/IMG]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter