Disboutiquers Part 28 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Love the outfits! What pattern is that?

Great job! I love re-purposing fabric.

WOW!! I love everything about this bag, colors, fabric, style! I have been working my way through your PTR and TR...I am very inspired by your bags and your story! I would have guessed that you had been sewing all your life based on your quality workmanship....gives me the courage to maybe attempt a bag/purse at some point :worship::worship:

Fabulous!! My DD would love the Ariel/Flounder appliqué! Great work!

Love the tote! Good luck appliquéing their outfits, I am sure they will turn out great :thumbsup2

Super cute!

Everything looks great! I really love the easter dresses. My DS wandered over and saw the phineas and verb outfit and got very jealous!
I snet the pattern i used for Elli's dress home with a friend to try...it's from walmart...one of their $2.97 or less patterns..can't remember who it's by...the dress the 3 lil girls have on is also from walmart { no cloth dept. just some creative cuts and such...but good ,easy ,cheap patterns} it a NEWLOOK # P6882...sz/3-8. it has 2 options for dresses. the one i used called for a 'flounce' and i wasn't sure about lal that so i just made my own ruffles,easier for me than hemming a circle flounce. they were pretty easy,just time consuming since i ws doing 3 at the time...

Okay, so it's been a while since I dropped by. I've only grabbed some of the last projects posted, but there has been a lot of lovely items completed. Makes me wish I had another trip planned. And welcome to all the new people!

577955_2994496421526_1235641305_32283515_431201274_n.jpg

So our jumbo cat Winston finished the job - he's about a 5T:
545184_2994498261572_1235641305_32283520_1100175575_n.jpg
Love the Alice and Ariel dresses. Your model cracks me up!:rotfl2:

Great job! Good to see that the name worked out for you (assuming it is the one I sent you). I was worried about this one and hadn't had a chance to test it out on my machine.

So here's my attempt at repurposing a pair of jeans. It was my first time working with denim, using a rotary tool, reading the manual for my sewing machine, and doing ruffles. As you can see, I haven't mastered sewing straight. Please be gentle, I'm brand new to this.

788b6836.jpg
Good job! I don't think I would have attempted so many firsts in one project :worship:, especially ruffles. Ruffles scare me. This looks great!

I need some prayers please!

My niece is coming today! :)

BUUUUT she wasn't due until May 15th. My SIL has an infection in her amniotic fluid. (I refuse to google to see how serious this is and give myself an anxiety attack.) My brother lives in North Georgia and they went to the hospital there but they couldn't do the amnio test there and have the results soon enough so they had to move her to Chattanooga. So anyways, if you could just say a prayer for my family today, I would really appreciate it.

Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend. I'll be back to post some pictures when she's born! :)
Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes well.

BUUUUT she wasn't due until May 15th. My SIL has an infection in her amniotic fluid. (I refuse to google to see how serious this is and give myself an anxiety attack.) My brother lives in North Georgia and they went to the hospital there but they couldn't do the amnio test there and have the results soon enough so they had to move her to Chattanooga. So anyways, if you could just say a prayer for my family today, I would really appreciate it.

Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend. I'll be back to post some pictures when she's born! :)
Prayers for sweet baby and your family...

Tons of prayers for your family!

I've missed you all and see that you've all been very busy sewing! I've finally gotten to sew a little this week, but we've had several illnesses in the house, work, overtime, etc...all dragging me away from my machine and this thread.

I've seen sooooo much that I love, but I can't comment on it all. There has been lots of inspiration posted lately.

I finally finished Natalie's Ariel dress and finally got photos today. The appliques were made by our very own Diane. I hope she feels that I did them justice! :) I am going to add some more snaps to the top of the apron band to hold the apron up where it should be better. The headband is a tad too small also and comes off of her since it's tight after 10 minutes of wear. I need to redo it somehow.

She loves it though! When she saw me coming with it, she couldn't get her clothes off fast enough to get it on. :goodvibes She loves looking at the frill on the front and saying "Pretty!". :love:

538524_3784316012375_1411243722_33465070_1024961686_n.jpg

36536_3784316452386_1411243722_33465071_2113100732_n.jpg

561274_3784316612390_1411243722_33465072_1300130343_n.jpg

546694_3784317012400_1411243722_33465073_1861239859_n.jpg

561352_3784318852446_1411243722_33465077_1519023691_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure I have too many pics up on deck so I'll have to break this into two different posts:

OH no! Praying for a SAFE, EASY delivery for you sis and your niece. HUGS

Tons of prayers for your family!

I've missed you all and see that you've all been very busy sewing! I've finally gotten to sew a little this week, but we've had several illnesses in the house, work, overtime, etc...all dragging me away from my machine and this thread.

I've seen sooooo much that I love, but I can't comment on it all. There has been lots of inspiration posted lately.

I finally finished Natalie's Ariel dress and finally got photos today. The appliques were made by our very own Diane. I hope she feels that I did them justice! :) I am going to add some more snaps to the top of the apron band to hold the apron up where it should be better. The headband is a tad too small also and comes off of her since it's tight after 10 minutes of wear. I need to redo it somehow.

She loves it though! When she saw me coming with it, she couldn't get her clothes off fast enough to get it on. :goodvibes She loves looking at the frill on the front and saying "Pretty!". :love:

Oh! I literally GASPED when I saw this dress. It.IS.BREATHTAKING!!! I LOVE everything about it!

So here's my attempt at repurposing a pair of jeans. It was my first time working with denim, using a rotary tool, reading the manual for my sewing machine, and doing ruffles. As you can see, I haven't mastered sewing straight. Please be gentle, I'm brand new to this.

th_788b6836.jpg

SO cute! I'll actually be attempting something very similar soon, so it's nice to see it worked out well for you.

419212_2840785542648_1349594458_32220313_961550741_n.jpg

Attempting to post picture of my DDs quilt... quality of pic isnt great since it was from my cell phone, but .... lets see if it even shows up here

I am always in awe whenever someone posts a quilt. I know they can be so time consuming. Yours looks great!

Love everything yet again. Thanks for the compliments about my shorts. I had so much fun with Andrea again today!! Here is the fantastic shirt from today. I haven't had time to cut the jumpstitches yet.

th_2012-04-20_22-21-48_24.jpg

I am working on a bowling shirt for the outfit as well. Guess I should finish looking at it.. I am so confused right now.

Looks great! So do the shorts.

550132_2994498661582_1235641305_32283521_815833705_n.jpg

I am going to make shorts from the neon green fabric I used on the back. The chiffon trim is from this - DH picked it up and asked if it was TOILET PAPER:
531205_2994498061567_1235641305_32283519_1210957545_n.jpg

OMGah! I'm DYING over here Sandi! ROFLMBO!!! your model is just too perfect! But seriously, the Alice top came out fantastic and the Ariel dress/top is great too! And LOL about your DH wanting to use the chiffon as TP!

I think it has been a while since I shared some recent BG work:

And the last one, I sent shirts for Hoop Dee Doo:
th_MitchellsGiveShirtFront.jpg

This is the set where I had a "conversation" with my embroidery machine. It told me to use green when I was doing Bullseye so I went ahead and used green (thought it was supposed to be grass or something). Well, guess what, Bullseye ended up with grass-stained hooves!
th_MitchellsGiveShirtBack.jpg

By the time I realized what it was, I had spent too much time on the set to start over again! Argh!

(at least I haven't had an upside down applique...yet)

LOVE the BG items! The Hoop-De-Doo shirts are my favorite. And GIRL, you'd better be POUNDING on wood cause those sound like famous last words to me!

I spent my day with Amy as we embroidered a birthday shirt for her ds to match the shorts she had posted. My needle fell out in one of the later steps but thank goodness it didn't ruin the shirt! I have no idea how it fell out! The shirt is adorable so hopefully Amy will post pics of it soon.

I also went to Walmart to get some fabric for the Dorothy dress I have to make dd for her play. The fabric was there earlier in the week but they are now redoing the fabric dept which they just redid less than a year ago and they hardly have any fabric out and it was GONE!!! The kind lady even looked int he back for me and no luck so now this weekend I have to hunt down the fabric. It was only $2 a yard at Walmart so I am so hoping the other Wally with fabric has it -- though Amy told me another Wally in our area is starting to carry fabric too ---YAY!!!!!

Thought you might be military and live near Amy and me and then we could really have some sewing parties! We didn't stay at SoG but went there to buy our tickets and the resort looked lovely and you can't beat the price]

UGH I hope you are able to find that fabric you need for the Dorthy dress. Oh and I WISH that I lived close to you, because getting together for a sewing party sounds positively DELIGHTFUL! But alas, I am far, far away (TX).

Easter egg hunt outfit for DD:
th_IMG_1476.jpg

Oh all those Easter outfits were just too precious, but that one is my favorite! I just LOVE the fabric for the main portion of the skirt. Great job and I'm glad that you are getting back some more movement in your arm.

This is who I get to start making clothes for. Welcome Madison!

th)2012-04-17_160050.jpg

CONGRATULATIONS on your new little one! So sweet!

Okay since D wants to see my new baby, I am going to post it here and my PTR.
th_e26ff949.jpg

I love her she is so smooth in her stitches.

YAY for the new serger toy! Glad you are liking the new one!

So I finished another day... our 4th of July day

th_4thJulyMinnieM-1.jpg

This was my first time doing a stripwork skirt but I love how it came out.

th_4thJulyMinnieB-1.jpg

Oh gosh, your outfits just get better and better every time you post! You are seriously going to be the best dressed family there!

My pattern for the t-shirt dress arrived yesterday. I ordered some fabric but it hasn't arrived yet. The pattern looks super easy and I can't wait to start on it. I also got the kids version and when I get some free time, I plan to make a few things with that too. I have a couple of t-shirt that my girls outgrew and I want to play around with upcycling them into t-shirt dresses for my niece.

Oh hurray for the pattern getting there. Now if only that fabric would hurry up! *taps foot*

I finally finished my my skirt for myself this afternoon. I picked out the striped fabric, it's shimmery and has gold stitching, brought it home and realized it was a bit on the see through side. So I figured instead of finding something to line it with I would just make it reversable. I'm loving it so much I bought two more fabrics to make another reversable skirt! I love that I can dress it up or down and can wear just about anything with it, tanks, tee, dressier shirts. I apologize in advance for the horrible pics, I don't have a full length mirror so I put the hall mirror on the floor to get a somewhat decent pic of it in action.

th_071.jpg

LOVE it! Love how it's reversible too.

I have had a terrible time with the DISboards lately. Probably a week or so. Even before the change over. Way too much to quote, but love all the things I have seen. I have been making things slowly here. Mom and I made 25 pillow cases for GKTW last weekend. I made a pair of shorts for Christophers 2nd birthday (which is next tuesday) I plan to make a bowling shirt and then Andrea agreed to help me make a t-shirt for under it. So excited. He LOVES mickey mouse! So I decided to go with that for his theme!Just like his mommy

th_2012-04-19_23-08-46_269.jpg

Happy Sewing!

That came out great! Hope your DS has a fantastic birthday.

I did this cute crayon tote:

th_IMG_1415.jpg

My kids are grown and out of the house and there's no grandkids yet, so I've been making these for the great nieces and nephews. I sent a similar one to Justin for his Big Give.

Oh your little tote bag came out great!

Oh my goodness - the mice must have been busy at our house because this creation for my youngest just appeared

Cinderella's Made by Mice Dress by S & J Harrison, on Flickr

I'm SO happy with the way this came out! This was the original dress that I first found and fell in love with on Ollie Girl and my first two (Briar Rose & Rapunzel) were confidence builders to ramp up to this one...just hope that my little one grows in the next 7 months before our trip so that I don't have to hem it up too much :)

And just for a little extra, I followed the twirly garden dress tutorial that someone posted and combined it with Carla C's jumper top for these sundresses for the girls:

Sophie sundress front by S & J Harrison, on Flickr
(can you tell she didn't want her photo taken that day? )

The Cindy inspired dress is too cute! I really think you should consider renting out your mice! It seems that there are quite a few ladies on this board who would care to have a turn with them! Oh and I'm so glad to see that you took the shirred twirly dress and franken-patterned it with the simply sweet! I had the exact same idea (well, I'll also be trying to add in one other pattern too, but I think it's do-able). SO cute!

I want to thank everyone so much for your help over the last week or so. From big questions to small questions, I've had so many responses. You're all so helpful! If it wasn't for you I'd still be trying to get a lining in the bowlings shirts and I'd have wire wrapped inside my buttons.

I haven't posted much other than questions because I've been waiting to contribute a bit more first. I do want to say that the clothes I see here is just amazing. You're all so talented!

So, here goes... Until now, I've only ever sewn costumes for the kids. Nothing elaborate at all and they all had fur so the sewing was very forgiving. I haven't made a costume in years though so even my basic skills are weak. I got interested in making customs for the kids and participating in the Big Give when my kids were fortunate enough to have been chosen to receive a Big Give for DD's wish trip. Everything was so cute on the kids! A few months after we returned, I made my first drive across the border trip to the US to visit Joann's and a Walmart there that sells disney fabric (there's absolutely nothing here). I bought oodles and had great ideas... and then the fabric sat. Well, we're going to Disney again in May and I kept putting off the sewing saying that I didn't really know what I was doing. The week before Easter, I took the plunge and decided to find a pattern for a pillowcase dress... I figured that would at least be straightforward. Who would have thought someone could learn so much on something so simple LOL. I learned how to do french hems, I learned how to topstitch, I learned how to use my zigzag stitch... what a learning curve! But I made my first pillowcase on Good Friday and DD loved it so I was hooked. I made another pillowcase from Tiana fabric and then decided to do some bowling shirts for the boys and a matching top for DD. I'm working on another dress for DD but the Marissa pattern by CarlaC for this one... hoping to have it done tomorrow. And I still have a stripwork twirl skirt to make. I have fabric for another bowling shirt for DS4 but I'm not sure if it'll happen. Those Bowlings shirts took almost a week on their own! Boy they're intricate! You all were so helpful though!

Anyway, here are a few pics of what I"ve finished... be gentle

This is the first dress I made for DD.

th_DSCN2388-1.jpg

Here's the second pillowcase.

th_DSCN2387-1.jpg

Here is the matching set

th_DSCN2389.jpg

I'll post pics of the others once I finish!

Oh golly, it's hard to imagine you are new at this because those all turned out great! You seriously need to pat yourself on the back and I can't wait to see what else you create!

I'm almost finished with my skirt, I will post when I'm done. But I had to share real quick, I have job interview on Wednesday!!! I took a test two weeks ago and I made it through to the interview. There's still several more steps after the interview and if I make it all the way thorugh it won't start until mid June but I'm super excited. Although I have been enjoying these last few weeks of staying at home and having more time to sew but I really do need a job.

YAY for the job interview! Good LUCK!

Okay, so today was my actual birthday. I didn't really think I was going to get any extra birthday presents (because technically the new serger is supposed to be my present) but my DH surprised me with a gift card to Hobby Lobby. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift, especially because he DESPISES going into that store.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Sunshine

This is who I get to start making clothes for. Welcome Madison!
2012-04-17_160050.jpg
Congrats on your perfectly completed project!

:goodvibes Thanks... I might but all my outfits are in my fan page on FB too
What is your fan page name??

Prayers coming to you & your family!

I love this! What is this pattern? The color choices are gorgeous!

Oh! I literally GASPED when I saw this dress. It.IS.BREATHTAKING!!! I LOVE everything about it!

:goodvibes Thank you!

Okay, so today was my actual birthday. I didn't really think I was going to get any extra birthday presents (because technically the new serger is supposed to be my present) but my DH surprised me with a gift card to Hobby Lobby. It was such a sweet and thoughtful gift, especially because he DESPISES going into that store.

Sunshine

How sweet! :lovestruc I love Hobby Lobby!

I love this! What is this pattern? The color choices are gorgeous!

Thank you! I made it with 3 patterns. The skirt is the Grace pattern and the top is this pattern. The apron is a variation of this pattern. The fabric is by Sis Boom, and I love it. I want to make myself a matching skirt with it. I'm not sure I'm brave enough for that though. I've never sewn for myself.

Question: I'm left handed and have the hardest time with bows. As you can see in the photo above, they always go sideways. It seems so simple, but I can't do it. :( Any tips or tricks to make a better bow?

SandiS - I have checked out the Ottobre magazine & am loving the designs that I see. However, it's $66 + $9.99 international shipping (is this per issue?)! Is it really worth it?

Missed a few quotes...

Sandi - I love your kitty cat model! We have a black cat that looks just like him but not near patient enough to model dresses for me :rotfl2:

4monkeys - DS4 had a Mickey Mouse party for his 2nd bday too. Its a perfect theme for that age and your little guy is going to look awesome in taht outfit.

Sending prayers. My three were all born a bit early. My last ds was 3 wks early and everyone said he wasn't considered preemie as he was less than 4 wks early. I wouldnt worry about the timing of delivery and since they found the placental problems early, I'm sure the little one will be just fine. Post pics once you get them.

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Sydney would love all those frills. That last pic of Natalie is just precious!

Oh golly, it's hard to imagine you are new at this because those all turned out great! You seriously need to pat yourself on the back and I can't wait to see what else you create!

YAY for the job interview! Good LUCK!

Sunshine

Thanks!

Happy Birthday! Good for hubbie have a nice surprise for you!

Prayers coming!!

]

So pretty!! The dress and the princes!!

Super cute! I can't believe Christopher is going to be 2!!

For another family, I sent pillowcases and a wristlet for mom:
IMG00085-20120218-1623.jpg

I can't believe it either! Where did the time go?? He went from LOVING orange and TIGGER to LOVE LOVE LOVING "Me Mouse" He especially loves that he is on his underwear :thumbsup2

Your work is beautiful as always:cool1: Especially like the wristlet. Might have to try that one!

LOVE the model!!:rotfl2:

:
That is great that you get to spend some time with Andrea. You need to send her up my way. I would love to spend a day sewing with her.
It is great! SHe is great and I have learned ALOT!

I
Love it. I want some one to live near me and come play.

It's great! If you ever come to the beach, let us know!

4monkeys - DS4 had a Mickey Mouse party for his 2nd bday too. Its a perfect theme for that age and your little guy is going to look awesome in taht outfit.!

He has seen it and gone wild. Can't wait to have his little party so he can see all the "Me Mouses"

Great job! Good to see that the name worked out for you (assuming it is the one I sent you). I was worried about this one and hadn't had a chance to test it out on my machine.

Yes, they are yours. They look great to me. That is the second time using Christopher. Andrea is still working on the other shirts. I will definetly post them once she is done!! Do you do Harry Potter letters in names?? :rotfl2:

I have still yet to figure out the bowling shirt.. mainly because I haven't taken the time to sit down and read it. I have been outside helping with yard work and the constant sound of Mommy has been ringing through my ears.:faint: Off to try to read about the shirt!

After I booked our DDs 5th birthday trip for November, I decided that I should get back into sewing/start to learn how to sew...:rolleyes1

I decided to try a new to me pattern since all I had been brave enough to do in the past was a pillowcase dress and a twirly skirt pattern that I just sort of made up/limped my way through making. I didn't want to use any of the Disney fabric I had in case I messed up horribly, so I found some cheap fabric (that I still liked in case the dress worked out). After working on it all day and into the night on and off here is the result:

007.jpg

010.jpg

I am overall pretty happy with how it came out except for the fact that the 2 yoke pieces are not even width at all (clearly I didn't use an equal seam allowance on each), and I am still too scared to make button holes on my machine so the buttons are actually just decorative with snaps actually holding the dress on!

I went to a Walmart that Amy told me about that just started carrying fabric (not the closest to my home, but the second closest so I'll take it!!!) and they did not have the exact gingham to match what my sister gave me but they did have a bolt for < $3/yd so I bought two yards which should be enough. Have to wash it and then get to work.

But alas, whilst at Wally's some ZhuZhu pets items were on clearance so I bought them for dd who just got a zhu zhu pet and the dog she has doesn't fit in the tunnels so now she has begged me to get her a hamster -- TODAY! So I told her I'd take her to Target which is close to home, but nooooooo, the one she wants is at Toy R Us which isn't super far but with weekend traffic I'd really prefer to stay home!!!

I think it has been a while since I shared some recent BG work:

I am not sure if I posted these before for fans of Pooh and gang:
th_KeirasGive.jpg

For another family, I sent pillowcases and a wristlet for mom:
th_IMG00085-20120218-1623.jpg

And the last one, I sent shirts for Hoop Dee Doo:
th_MitchellsGiveShirtFront.jpg

This is the set where I had a "conversation" with my embroidery machine. It told me to use green when I was doing Bullseye so I went ahead and used green (thought it was supposed to be grass or something). Well, guess what, Bullseye ended up with grass-stained hooves!
th_MitchellsGiveShirtBack.jpg

By the time I realized what it was, I had spent too much time on the set to start over again! Argh!

(at least I haven't had an upside down applique...yet)
I definitely remember the Pooh set since I made Kiera the shirt and hat to go with it -- and she looked adorable in it :)

I love your bowling shirts but I would have loved to eavesdrop on that conversation that you had with your machine LOL!

Now, for my latest - done and modeled! Ottobre magazine (1/2008 #18)

577955_2994496421526_1235641305_32283515_431201274_n.jpg

This is the Little Mermaid top - but only the top portion was finished at her bedtime:

I should do some grading, but I have a bunch of new leotard fabric and a special request from DD...and I have a brand new Ottobre magazine.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: OMG!!! Thankfully I was not taking a sip of my beverage as I happened upon your supermodel. I had my dd take a peek at him and she could not stop laughing!!!! I think that wins the award for best picture on Part 28 of Disboutiquers.

In all seriousness, I love both dresses. I love the colors that are so bright on the Alice set -- a bit different from traditional colors which looks fabulous!

And I have to agree with your dh about the neon t.p.

Love everything yet again. Thanks for the compliments about my shorts. I had so much fun with Andrea again today!! Here is the fantastic shirt from today. I haven't had time to cut the jumpstitches yet.

th_2012-04-20_22-21-48_24.jpg

I am working on a bowling shirt for the outfit as well. Guess I should finish looking at it.. I am so confused right now.
Just so everyone knows, I leave all the jump stitches on all the names for Amy to cut :rotfl: I have to make her feel like she had big part in making the shirt! I think she may just have her very own PE770 in the near future ~ though she told me she tried out a $3000 model at sew-vac! I also think the colors on the shirt look more vibrant in person -- looks washed out on her photo. And that design was from Just Peachy and she has nice thick stitches :)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...785542648_1349594458_32220313_961550741_n.jpg

Attempting to post picture of my DDs quilt... quality of pic isnt great since it was from my cell phone, but .... lets see if it even shows up here ;)
Beautiful! Love the colors :)

th_788b6836.jpg

th_69777441.jpg
Those look really nice! Once the skirt is on no one will ever notice a couple of wobbly spots -- ruffles and denim is a hard combo. I think you did a magnificent job.

That is great that you get to spend some time with Andrea. You need to send her up my way. I would love to spend a day sewing with her.
Buy my house and I'll come up for the closing :lmao:

My niece is coming today!

Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend. I'll be back to post some pictures when she's born!
Prayers for a smooth delivery and healthy mom and baby :cutie: She is not that early so all should be well in that respect and hopefully the infection was caught early that all is well and easily treatable.

And now you'll get to find out her name! Your SIL sounds like she is in very goods hands so I am hopeful all will be well :hug:

So far I've done Christopher, Jonathon, Allison and Skye and they've all been great!

I finally finished Natalie's Ariel dress and finally got photos today. The appliques were made by our very own Diane. I hope she feels that I did them justice! I am going to add some more snaps to the top of the apron band to hold the apron up where it should be better. The headband is a tad too small also and comes off of her since it's tight after 10 minutes of wear. I need to redo it somehow.

She loves it though! When she saw me coming with it, she couldn't get her clothes off fast enough to get it on. :goodvibes She loves looking at the frill on the front and saying "Pretty!".

I hope everyone is on the mend.

The dress is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the fabrics you used and while I'm normally not a fan of smocking I think it is beautiful on that style of dress -- you did an outstanding job!:worship:

UGH I hope you are able to find that fabric you need for the Dorthy dress. Oh and I WISH that I lived close to you, because getting together for a sewing party sounds positively DELIGHTFUL! But alas, I am far, far away (TX).

Sunshine
I wish you lived by us too -- that's why I got excited when I thought you were military!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY and BRAVO to your dh -- a fine gift to compliment the new serger.

DIANE
I thought I grabbed your pics yesterday but they didn't show up in my quote -- your baby outfits were truly adorable :)

I can't wait to see the dress you make yourself!

After I booked our DDs 5th birthday trip for November, I decided that I should get back into sewing/start to learn how to sew...:rolleyes1

I decided to try a new to me pattern since all I had been brave enough to do in the past was a pillowcase dress and a twirly skirt pattern that I just sort of made up/limped my way through making. I didn't want to use any of the Disney fabric I had in case I messed up horribly, so I found some cheap fabric (that I still liked in case the dress worked out). After working on it all day and into the night on and off here is the result:

th_007.jpg

th_010.jpg

I am overall pretty happy with how it came out except for the fact that the 2 yoke pieces are not even width at all (clearly I didn't use an equal seam allowance on each), and I am still too scared to make button holes on my machine so the buttons are actually just decorative with snaps actually holding the dress on!
Very nice :) Button holes aren't that hard -- just practice a bit on scrap fabric. I go over mine twice each and it makes a very nice finish.

523808_289669077778572_107331732678975_670222_1671469181_n.jpg

well i actually got something made and i posted on here i often lurk but post once in a while
Beautiful!

007.jpg

010.jpg

I love it! The fabric choice is stunning, and the creativity with the snaps is pure genius. You really should get a scrap and try the buttonhole though. They are super easy on my machine and not hard at all once you get over the initial fear. Just do it! :rotfl:

523808_289669077778572_107331732678975_670222_1671469181_n.jpg

well i actually got something made and i posted on here i often lurk but post once in a while

Cute! I like the fabric in that style dress. :)

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous! Sydney would love all those frills. That last pic of Natalie is just precious!

So pretty!! The dress and the princes!!

oh my word, this is just lovely! wonderful job!

The dress is GORGEOUS!!!! I love the fabrics you used and while I'm normally not a fan of smocking I think it is beautiful on that style of dress -- you did an outstanding job!:worship:

Thanks everyone! Andrea-I love to smock but am not a huge fan of the traditional old fashioned dresses and such for children once they are standing. (I still love some of the traditional babywear). Doing a modern twist on smocking allows me to do what I love and actually use it! :)

No tips on bow tying yet, and I don't blame you all. I think it's hopeless for me. LOL :lmao: I might have my right handed husband start the bow and I'll finish it. Maybe it will lay right then. :blush:

Winging prayers heavenward! He is the great physician and healer. Prayers for your soon to be expanding family.

skipping some stuff right now but I'll be back later

Question: I'm left handed and have the hardest time with bows. As you can see in the photo above, they always go sideways. It seems so simple, but I can't do it. :( Any tips or tricks to make a better bow?

I don't know if this will help because you are a lefty, but I just found this on the disboutique blog:
http://disboutique.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-tie-perfect-bow.html

Okay, also found this one:
http://www.wickeddetails.com/2011/07/art-of-bow-tying.html
Sunshine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter