Disboutiquers Part 24 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is the exact fabric I am making DDs easter skirt out of. Think I need to get started.

We went to the dr and it was a good appointment.

The dr also told me he sees a huge amount of progress since his last appointment. I brought the ipad for him and he sat and played nicely with it the whole appointment and there was only a small tantrum.

Thats so great to hear! Enjoy the rest of your day....and get sewing if you can Easter is around the corner now :)

I haven't found any fabric locally that I like...one store was getting in some new stuff today. So if I find something I am hoping to whip up an easter dress for DD. Maybe a Marissa, if I feel brave enough.

And AK shirts (individually and then together). I made them coordinating:
AKMay.jpg

AKKylie.jpg

AKSHIRTS.jpg

Thanks for looking.[/QUOTE]

I L.O.V.E. this pattern. Is it a ycmt or CarlaC's?

And the fabrics you put together are really great. I never would have matched those. You women are full of such brilliant ideas.

Everything posted has been absolutely gorgeous. It's hard to keep up with it all! :)

A Tink outfit....the skirt (thanks Aimee for the tutorial on the skirt)
th_Tinkskirt.jpg

I LOVE this outfit.

I know you said you got the flower fabric on hancock's online - but what is it called, or can you post a link? I looked through hundred of flower print fabrics and didn't see it!

THANKS!

I had completely lost my sewing mojo, but you ladies have me inspired again! Everything I see is so amazing :worship:

I want to make dd dresses for every day at Disney. I just wish an embroidery machine would magically appear at my door lol.

I LOVE this outfit.

I know you said you got the flower fabric on hancock's online - but what is it called, or can you post a link? I looked through hundred of flower print fabrics and didn't see it!

THANKS!

I think she said Hobby Lobby...:)

I have been playing catch up and finishing up a few orders. Here is what I worked on this week.

A Tink outfit....the skirt (thanks Aimee for the tutorial on the skirt)
th_Tinkskirt.jpg

and the complete outfit:
th_Tinkskirtandshirt.jpg

And AK shirts (individually and then together). I made them coordinating:
th_AKMay.jpg

th_AKKylie.jpg

th_AKSHIRTS.jpg

Thanks for looking.
Everything is great but I especially love the skirt and fabric (with flowers)-- I've seen that fabric before and always thought I should buy it.

Thank you, I will be sure to tell her.

Thanks Dorine - I got the flowered fabric from Hobby Lobby Online. I have been buying a lot from them lately online. They have a much bigger selection online....use the 40% off coupon they offer if you can. I think right now they have $3 shipping (limited time).
I saw the fabric somewhere else b/c we don't have Hobby Lobby. I had no clue Hobby Lobby had fabric on line!!! Is this something new??? I must go check this out as soon as I'm done posting. The closest HL to me is about 4 hours away.

I keep thinking I'm done with outfits for our May trip and then either myself or DH comes up w/ something. I made this gem shirt for my older dds and myself to wear when the baby wears her Aurora dress and my ds and DH wear the Princess Protection Agency shirts I ordered off of etsy.

th_IMG_2714.jpg

Then I made this taggie for the baby b/c she loves the one my mom made but I thought she needed a Disney one for WDW.

th_IMG_2712.jpg

And now my dh told me I need to make an outfit for the baby to wear to 'Ohanas - he plans of buying outfits for everyone else while at WDW.
Love the shirt. I keep meaning to try one. And that taggie is beyond cute!

Here's some of my latest stuff (I have to upload pictures from other stuff):

For my cousin's baby, her birthday was in March:

th_172857_1809698318765_1129174777_2104397_7955_o.jpg
th_190756_1802741224842_1129174777_2093902_5396364_n.jpg

And for my friend to announce she's having #7!

th_100_7044.jpg
th_100_7042.jpg
So cute! Love the dress with the petti!

Where did you get your Mickey Mouse buttons???? I've only seen the scrapbooking ones.

The secret to MLB fabric, at least for smaller projects, is Kmart - they don't have fabric, but they do have men's cotton and knit MLB licensed sleepwear. My 9yo wants to take a friend to a Tigers game this summer for her birthday, and I'm making stripwork jumpers for both my girls and DD's friend by cutting up men's cotton PJ pants I bought on sale. :thumbsup2 It isn't cheap, but at $7 per pair it is a lot cheaper than $100/yard out of print fabric from Etsy/eBay!
Thanks. I will keep that in mind for the future. I so rarely ever go to Kmart as Walmart and Target are much closer to home and our Kmart isn't all that great. My sister decided on the blanket though -- YAY! At her boyfriend's house the grandson's room is decorated in Yankees except they have no blanket. So she'll give it to the child as a part of his birthday gift in hopes they can keep it at Grandpa's house.

that is the exact fabric I am making DDs easter skirt out of. Think I need to get started.

We went to the dr and it was a good appointment. We will go back in 6 months. since Js weight is at the max for his height.

The dr also told me he sees a huge amount of progress since his last appointment. I brought the ipad for him and he sat and played nicely with it the whole appointment and there was only a small tantrum.
I'm so glad you had a good appt and really happy the ipad is working well for you. I have heard great things about them. I've been thinking a lot about you today since I read your frustrating post after you watched the special on autism. Just take things one day at a time. I know my neighbor's child who has aspergers has progressively gotten better as he's gotten older. Not so sure it will be the same for you since your ds has a differnt diagnosis, but hang in there. You are doing your best :)

LOVE the tink set - tink's expression is perfect- and the coordinating AK set.

DITTO THIS

Thank you! I loved the expression too!

th_IMG_2714.jpg

Then I made this taggie for the baby b/c she loves the one my mom made but I thought she needed a Disney one for WDW.

th_IMG_2712.jpg

And now my dh told me I need to make an outfit for the baby to wear to 'Ohanas - he plans of buying outfits for everyone else while at WDW.

Cute shirt and taggie. Need to add that to my list of baby things to make for my new grandson (wow...that sounds weird to say)

Anita, congrats on the future Grandson! what fun you will have! will keep your SIL in our prayers for his safe return!

haven't been posting much on here the past few days! but love all the new designs, parties and cute photos of your sweet models!

Thank you Lisa. He is going to be so much fun!

And for my friend to announce she's having #7!

th_100_7044.jpg

#7??????? Well, the outfit is adorable and good luck to her on her pregnancy! Both of my parents came from large families.

So cute! I Love to see the Daisy in action! : )

Thanks. The applique stitched out great! I love it. You did a great job on the design.

Teresa - is this what you were thinking of ????
th_100_0971.jpg

th_100_0967.jpg

Super cute Wendy....I love the eyelet too!

#7??????? Well, the outfit is adorable and good luck to her on her pregnancy! Both of my parents came from large families.

Yes, 7, not a typo. All on purpose, and probably not the last one. I'm hoping for a big family too - only have one so far - don't know if I can handle quite that many, but I'm taking it one at a time. :goodvibes I literally through that outfit together in 3 hours including embroidery!

Anyone else have issues with the hobby lobby website? It keeps timing out - both on firefox and IE for me, FRUSTRATING! Also, anyone have 40% off coupon codes for them online? THANKS!

Anyone else have issues with the hobby lobby website? It keeps timing out - both on firefox and IE for me, FRUSTRATING! Also, anyone have 40% off coupon codes for them online? THANKS!

I am having the same issue as well....going to hunt online for a coupon code I let you know if I find one!

Thank you... I was just heading over there to hunt it down! :thumbsup2

D~

WooHoo!!! Due to a crazy morning, both of my kids napped today from 2:30-5:45 (don't ask ... it was BAD) ...

Which meant I had time to clean off the dining room table and SEW!!! :woohoo:

I had already decided that my first project was going to be a pair of decoupaged jeans for Sheriff Shortstuff ... I found two really cute coordinating dinosaur fabrics on clearance at Walmart last week that I wanted to use ...

So I sat down, cut everything out (I'd already taken the seams out of the jeans and prepped them) ... pinned it all on ... and sat down at the machine :thumbsup2

I just finished the jeans up about 6:30 ... threw them in the wash ... when they're dry I'll take a pic and post :)
But they looked pretty cute!!!

My two hangups were:
Deciding what color thread to use to zig zag around each piece

How to sew the legs back up after I'd zig zagged on all the fabric pieces (anyone have advice about that???)

WOW! So many great things posted lately!

Adi-LOVE all your photos! Your DD is so adorable! It seems like you were just saying you were pregnant. Time flies by so fast! Really enjoyed your dismeet photos!

Hi Guys!!

Thanks to everyone who came over to the Big Give website last night!!! All we have left for Trace's Big Give is Sea World shirt for him (and maybe his 1 sister ) and some bracelets for the ladies!!!!! Let me know if you think you could help with either of those things!!

If you could say a prayer, my friends 12 year old son, Zach, was hit in the nose with a baseball tonight and is at the ER right now.:eek: He wears glasses, and Im so worried they cut into his face....I have a feeling this could be pretty ugly if he was hit really hard. I dont have too much info though, so I dont know how bad it is.......YIKES!!! Thank you!!

Hi Guys!!

Thanks to everyone who came over to the Big Give website last night!!! All we have left for Trace's Big Give is Sea World shirt for him (and maybe his 1 sister ) and some bracelets for the ladies!!!!! Let me know if you think you could help with either of those things!!

If you could say a prayer, my friends 12 year old son, Zach, was hit in the nose with a baseball tonight and is at the ER right now.:eek: He wears glasses, and Im so worried they cut into his face....I have a feeling this could be pretty ugly if he was hit really hard. I dont have too much info though, so I dont know how bad it is.......YIKES!!! Thank you!!

Oh no! I'll be thinking of your friend's son tonight. My daughter got hit in the face with a baseball last year and everything was just fine. I'll be hoping that things will turn out the same for Zach.

Oh no! I'll be thinking of your friend's son tonight. My daughter got hit in the face with a baseball last year and everything was just fine. I'll be hoping that things will turn out the same for Zach.

Thank you so much for saying that!!!!!! All I can think of is the Marcia Brady football episode and the huge swollen nose!!!! Poor guy is in 6th grade and I dont think the kids will have any mercy on him!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter