Disboutiquers Part 23 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here are my streamlined Valentine's Day Vidas. No ruffles or frills, which seem almost anti-Valentine's, but I wanted to get them finished. My oldest will wear hers to school tomorrow, but the kindergardener will have a Teddy PJ party and wear jammies to school. She is going to wear her dress to a Girl Scout "Sweet Tea Party" tomorrow night.

IMG_3495.jpg

And the backs (the poses just crack me up, whatever, they were happy:flower3:)

IMG_3499.jpg

QUESTIONS
Sorry, wanted to make sure ya'll saw this part;)
Now the girls have been complaining for a while now that I don't make enough clothes for their AG dolls. Does anyone have a doll sized Vida pattern? Where did you get it? If you did it yourself, how so I can try to copy:)

And then one more. I have supplies to make the outside of I spy bags. What kind of things do you put inside? Where do you get them?

I think that is it. The sun is finally shining here, so it looks pretty as I sit and sew

These dresses are just great.

I have been busy with Khelseys give. I am down to 1 shirt and Khelseys bib. Should be able to do that along with DS valentines day shirt.

Need to head out to get dd from dance rehearsal we are gearing up for competition.';

Will post pictures on the give board when I get back. I had both machines doing embroidery at the same time tonite.

Sorry, wanted to make sure ya'll saw this part;)
Now the girls have been complaining for a while now that I don't make enough clothes for their AG dolls. Does anyone have a doll sized Vida pattern? Where did you get it? If you did it yourself, how so I can try to copy:)

And then one more. I have supplies to make the outside of I spy bags. What kind of things do you put inside? Where do you get them?

I think that is it. The sun is finally shining here, so it looks pretty as I sit and sew[/QUOTE]

WARNING: Here are a bunch of pictures.

Here is a taggie blanket I made for my son.
02-13-11003.jpg

Here is the Valentine's Day skirt I made my daughter. Some of the hearts have Mickey and Minnie in them. I made it a little bigger/longer, hoping it still fits her when we go on our trip in September.
02-13-11015-1.jpg

02-13-11012.jpg

I don't think I've shared a picture of my baby yet, so here he is. He's already 3 months old! He's laying on a beautiful afghan that my mom made for him.
02-13-11008.jpg

Here are the stockings I made the kids for Christmas. They are 29 inches tall.
disbiggives015.jpg

The Care Bear pillows I made the kids for Christmas.
disbiggives013.jpg

And, finally, the quilt I made my parents for Christmas. It's huge. It was a King size.
disbiggives011.jpg

So here are my streamlined Valentine's Day Vidas. No ruffles or frills, which seem almost anti-Valentine's, but I wanted to get them finished. My oldest will wear hers to school tomorrow, but the kindergardener will have a Teddy PJ party and wear jammies to school. She is going to wear her dress to a Girl Scout "Sweet Tea Party" tomorrow night.

IMG_3495.jpg

These are really cute. Someday, I will try a Vida. Maybe for Christmas. They are so beautiful. A PJ party sounds like fun!!!

Here is my take on a wrap dress/Top but for an adult. I frankenpatterned again and put things together and just did my best. This is attempt #2 and most likely the one I will wear. It is a bit big and flounce but for a day it will be ok.
IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

Here is my take on a wrap dress/Top but for an adult. I frankenpatterned again and put things together and just did my best. This is attempt #2 and most likely the one I will wear. It is a bit big and flounce but for a day it will be ok.
IMG_7054.jpg

IMG_7055.jpg

This turned out really cute! Nice to see adult creations. The view behind you is breath-taking! Wow

I will be changing the http://www.DisBigGive.com URL to point to the new board soon, so if that is the URL you have in your signatures, you won't need to change it.[/QUOTE]

Signed up and waiting on approval. Hopefully life will slow down shortly :-)rotfl:) and I can jump back in on another big give.

Hi all,

Ok i know i don't post here very often...i'm mostly a lurker but i just had to share this with ya'll cause i know you will understand. Sooo we are heading to the world at the end of may and of course i've been lurking here and getting everything i need in order to make a ton of stuff for the kiddos to wear. Well last night i had a dream that we got to wdw and I had NO custom outfits :scared1: I was panicking running around trying to find a sewing machine and fabric so that i could sew everything all at once...the plan was to sew all night long then go to the parks the next day. I was sooooo happy when i woke up and realized that i still have 3 months to get it all done. :cheer2:

I'm a lurker too! I always mean to post, but for whatever reason I don't. I am also going to the world in May! We'll be at CBR 5/29-6/6 then at Universal for a couple days. When will you be there?

Last minute as usual, I'm working on my girls outfits for our trip and with two weeks to go I'm about half done but one is giving me trouble. I scored a last minute ADR for CRT lunch and decided on a Belle Simply Sweet for my younger DD, but older DD wants Snow White. I know I've seen a Snow White, I think Portrait Peasant?, but for the life of me I can't seem to find it now that I'm looking for inspiration!

Does anyone have any tips, pics, or ideas for where an amatuer would start looking to modify a YCMT pattern into a lovely Snow White?

IMG_3495.jpg
I just love cleanness of these dresses. You did a super job and girls seem to be enjoying themselves.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments! dd is having a ball trying on her dresses. I think I really need to alter patterns to fit her after looking at the pictures. Everything is so wide on her tiny frame. I made a Sleeping Beauty dress using CarlaC's simply sweet. I made a 2T width bodice with the length of 4T and skirt size 3T. It worked out pretty well.

180020_10100476884341803_5246567_67110861_4205200_s.jpg

Thanks to everyone for the compliments! dd is having a ball trying on her dresses. I think I really need to alter patterns to fit her after looking at the pictures. Everything is so wide on her tiny frame. I made a Sleeping Beauty dress using CarlaC's simply sweet. I made a 2T width bodice with the length of 4T and skirt size 3T. It worked out pretty well.

180020_10100476884341803_5246567_67110861_4205200_s.jpg

My youngest is a tiny thing too...I'm usually making the size that fits her by measurements instead of the size she's apt to wear in ready made things...that's the beauty of sewing! For her Simply Sweet bodice I made the pattern narrower by cutting 1/2 inch from the center front and back...that made it 2 inches smaller around in total (because it's cut on the fold) and that helped. that was almost 2 years ago, I've made the skirts longer because she's only gotten taller as she's grows, and not wider at all.

Here's a picture of my oldest with a shirt that I made him. It's not stitched on yet, I need to get more stabilizer first, so it's just ironed on.
02-13-11017.jpg

These dresses are just great.

These are really cute. Someday, I will try a Vida. Maybe for Christmas. They are so beautiful. A PJ party sounds like fun!!!

I just love cleanness of these dresses. You did a super job and girls seem to be enjoying themselves.

Thank you! The girls do seem to like them. They didn't like the part where I made them come back and try on some more stuff. I thought they would since it means they get more, but what do I know?:confused3

When I cleaned out my craft room, I found a ton of UFO's. I got 2 pair of easy fit jammies fixed, one dress that was for my youngest that needed a hem (I didn't get a picture of that one) and one Cathy dress that just needed the neckline put in. Here are the pictures:
IMG_3501.jpg

Detail on the ruffle:
IMG_3503.jpg

Now I need to go make one for Bianca.

Outfit and DD are cute, love that fabric! DS is ADORABLE!

Looks great! And I agree, that veiw is stunning! I did notice the puppy out there, watching you!

Thanks friends, I live by Yellowstone in a small valley surrounded by mountains. That is pit bull dog Zion, she just won't ever leave my side. Well except to eat brown or fed ex.

In between working on a give today. I made this shirt for DS to wear tomorrow. I used the PE-770 for the 3rd time. I need to get better about lining up kids shirts on it but it is fine for him to wear tomorrow

jvalentineshirt.jpg

In between working on a give today. I made this shirt for DS to wear tomorrow. I used the PE-770 for the 3rd time. I need to get better about lining up kids shirts on it but it is fine for him to wear tomorrow

jvalentineshirt.jpg

I think it looks great! I love Pooh!

You are so sweet to be so involved in the Gives like you are. Bless your heart.

jvalentineshirt.jpg

That is so sweet! How do you like your machine? You are making great things!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter