Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have no Disney trip in the works but we are starting to get Lauren ready for Kindergarten. I made her one tshirt/skirt set already and school does not start here until the end of August.
39114_1529597608756_1499211129_1353988_8063415_n.jpg

I used a charm pack of Kona cotton for the skirt and the embroidery pattern came from Lynnie Pinnie.
Adore the charm pack skirt! I'm going to have keep that in mind for a future project.

Hi Everyone!

I just entered Zoey's picture in a doggie contest - would you mind voting? I think you do have to register, but many of you might be registered already because its a disney based site!! Thanks a TON!!!!

http://family.go.com/dogs-life-contest/dogs-life-doggone-funny-category/where-s-zoey--26535/

THis is the picure I entered..
th_stuffedzoey3.jpg
She's got two votes from me so far -- keep posting the link every day to remind me and I'll keep voting.

My latest creation for a customer (I hadn't added the buttons yet in this picture):

38542_1150345535625_1737227318_271869_6749006_n.jpg

I tried something a little different for the butt ruffles...

38542_1150345575626_1737227318_271870_2447573_n.jpg
LOVE it! And what awesome Chip and Dale fabric!

Well, it's official. I've cancelled our September trip. :sad2: I'm so sad. DH said we could keep it and hope he could go but I'm not ready to take the girls by myself. When they are older yes but not yet. And even if he could go, he'd be so worried about what was going on at work and getting phone calls, I just know it wouldn't be fun for either of us.

We'll have to wait until he's off this boat so we're looking at January of 2012. Which seems SO far away.

Maybe if I start now, I'll finish some customs. :lmao:
Sorry you ended up canceling :sad1: I'm on the fence if I want to do my trip with dd this October or wait until maybe Feb of 2012. I'm leaning toward waiting just to make planning easier. I haven't had time to research much for October yet, though I'd love to see all the Halloween decor.

Got a second Feliz done. This one has a bit more to it. Some butt ruffles and embroidery and ribbons.

38542_471589770328_743780328_6780527_14546_n.jpg

38698_471589895328_743780328_6780533_5898186_n.jpg
Just beautiful!

OK, this did it. I sprung for some of the Jennifer Paganelli during the fabric.com sale last week and now I bought several patterns from YCMT. I don't have kids, so they are all for me!

Scientific Seamstress - Tween, Teen & Adult Easy Fit Pants
Sis Boom - Meaghan Peasant Dress/Top, Patricia Tunic and Tommy Boxer
YCMT - Reversible Wrap Skirt

Now I have to open up the sewing machine. I'll share the results of my first project when I decide what to start with.

Can't wait to see your creations! I recently made myself a pair of the easy fit in capris for jammie pants and I love them. I just hate working with all that fabric though so thankfully I have a dd to sew for.

Like this?
http://www.embroiderydesigns.com/pr...02C.aspx?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle
Or applique?
You can also contact Claire/stitch in time thru her shop or FB and ask her to create something

That is so cute. I searched and searched...didn't see that one. I really need it in specific colors so I prefer applique so I will contact Claire. Thanks for suggesting that. If she can't do it, I may try that one. That is a lot of stitch changes...wow! Thank you for finding it for me.

We are planningto make a short WDW trip Nov 30- Dec 5. There is a slight chance we won't make it, but Matt and I REALLY want to go, Matt maybe more so than I!!! LOL!!! Anyway, we have been in Aug, Sept, and Oct (and once in Jan, but that was before I strated making customs), I have some fabric, but I am concerned about WHAT to make! For Isabelle I think I will just plan to layer sleeveless items with T's. But I don't know about Gabriel. I have never made anything for Disney so small. WWYD???

I've been in lurker mode lately, but things are moving slow today so I'll add. Here are some crayon bags I made for a Big Give:
DSC06638.jpg
DSC06639.jpg
DSC06640.jpg

I had a work trip last week & took my sewing machine & got all of this done plus an Aurora dress & bag for my mom that I don't have pics of yet, & I got my patterns organized! It's amazing what I can do without my little "helpers" :rotfl: The tink dresses I started over a yr ago & got frustrated with it not looking like I envisioned, so I just never finished. I was determined to get those UFOs done!
DSC06685.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

(This shirt is reversible)

I've been in lurker mode lately, but things are moving slow today so I'll add. Here are some crayon bags I made for a Big Give:
DSC06638.jpg
DSC06639.jpg
DSC06640.jpg

I had a work trip last week & took my sewing machine & got all of this done plus an Aurora dress & bag for my mom that I don't have pics of yet, & I got my patterns organized! It's amazing what I can do without my little "helpers" :rotfl: The tink dresses I started over a yr ago & got frustrated with it not looking like I envisioned, so I just never finished. I was determined to get those UFOs done!
DSC06685.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

Adorable - kids and Tink outfits!!!! Also, did you make the pattern for the crayon bags? I LOVE them!!!:thumbsup2

While reading many pages of this thread, someone posted a picture of their DD in a Cinderella rags dress and said she wore it to BBB to be transformed into her Cinderella princess dress.

Can you pm me (or even answer here), how did that work? Did they let her change into her "pretty" dress at the BBB or did you buy the package where she bought a dress there? I already have our Cinderella dress, so I'm wondering how that would work. And, did you change before or after her hair was finished? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was such a cute idea!!!!!!

Thanks! No, I didn't make the pattern, it was a free in-the-hoop design from Laura on sewforum.com: http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=144515&p=1323705&hilit=crayon#p1323705
Those things are terrific. I fill them with stickers in the big pocket & it's the only thing that keeps my 2 yo occupied during long waits or car rides!

Thanks for the link. I have been looking for one with pockets for my 5x7 hoop...this is going to be perfect to put in the kids goodie bag for our Disney trip!

Nini

We are planningto make a short WDW trip Nov 30- Dec 5. There is a slight chance we won't make it, but Matt and I REALLY want to go, Matt maybe more so than I!!! LOL!!! Anyway, we have been in Aug, Sept, and Oct (and once in Jan, but that was before I strated making customs), I have some fabric, but I am concerned about WHAT to make! For Isabelle I think I will just plan to layer sleeveless items with T's. But I don't know about Gabriel. I have never made anything for Disney so small. WWYD???

We went two years ago the second week of december. We, well except for tough guy dh, wore hoodies in the morning and had them in the stroller by mid morning. We put them back on after the sun went down. During the day we had on short sleeves and capris. We are BIG wimps when it comes to cold though since we live south of WDW.

This year we are again going the second week of Dec and taking Emily...she will be approximately 2 months old. I am planning on appliqueing some onesies and making coordinating easy fits. I am also going to pick up some plain hoodies and do a disney pocket embroidery since I regretted doing that last time.

One other thing you might consider for your dd is a cape. I made one for my dd to wear over her princess dress. It was two pieces and tied with a ribbon. I used a fleece remnant that was super cheap and didn't even have to finish the edges since it wouldn't ravel. She really like the cape and it was easy to put on over her dresses.

Got a second Feliz done. This one has a bit more to it. Some butt ruffles and embroidery and ribbons.

38542_471589770328_743780328_6780527_14546_n.jpg

38698_471589895328_743780328_6780533_5898186_n.jpg

Soo Pretty!

DSC06638.jpg
DSC06639.jpg
DSC06640.jpg

DSC06685.jpg

DSC06686.jpg

I love the crayon bags and I think the Tink outfits are adorable.

Thanks! No, I didn't make the pattern, it was a free in-the-hoop design from Laura on sewforum.com: http://www.sewforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=144515&p=1323705&hilit=crayon#p1323705
Those things are terrific. I fill them with stickers in the big pocket & it's the only thing that keeps my 2 yo occupied during long waits or car rides!

Thanks for posting the link, I tried to click on the attachments but nothing happens. Do I need to cut and paste them into something to get the pattern?

Hi Everyone!

I just entered Zoey's picture in a doggie contest - would you mind voting? I think you do have to register, but many of you might be registered already because its a disney based site!! Thanks a TON!!!!

http://family.go.com/dogs-life-contest/dogs-life-doggone-funny-category/where-s-zoey--26535/

THis is the picure I entered..
stuffedzoey3.jpg

I just voted for Zoey again and while I was at it I went here

http://ck.upickem.net/engine/Details.aspx?p=V&c=12907&s=3102222&i=1&r=355601

and voted for Teresa

Now, I have to go to work, Yuck!

Good morning! Has anyone done anything with the Alexander Henry You & Me fabric for little boys? I want to sew something for my son who will be 16 mos. when we go to WDW. He is too little for a bowling shirt. I'm thinking about a Jon Jon but maybe this fabric is too busy to make the entire outfit. Any ideas?? It is so hard to come up with ideas for baby boys. Thanks for your suggestions!

I am set to deliver our little man next Thursday, and we'll be going mid-Nov. I plan on putting some applique designs on onesies and also making a couple bowling shirts with an applique on the back. That way I can layer a long-sleeved onesie underneath if I need to. I plan on just bringing knit pants and shorts for him too. Most of the time he'll be in either the mei tei or the moby wrap though, so I may not make him something for every day.

Thanks for all the compliments on my Feliz.

Good morning! Has anyone done anything with the Alexander Henry You & Me fabric for little boys? I want to sew something for my son who will be 16 mos. when we go to WDW. He is too little for a bowling shirt. I'm thinking about a Jon Jon but maybe this fabric is too busy to make the entire outfit. Any ideas?? It is so hard to come up with ideas for baby boys. Thanks for your suggestions!

Never too little for bowling shirts. I made the 6 mos size for my little cousin and he looked adorable.

The other option is shorts and an appliqued T.

th_DSC06638.jpg
th_DSC06639.jpg
th_DSC06640.jpg

th_DSC06685.jpg

th_DSC06686.jpg

Those crayon bags are cool, and I love the Tink dresses.

My latest creation for a customer (I hadn't added the buttons yet in this picture):

38542_1150345535625_1737227318_271869_6749006_n.jpg

I tried something a little different for the butt ruffles...

38542_1150345575626_1737227318_271870_2447573_n.jpg

This looks great! I love the chip and dale fabric!!!!

Since YCMT is running a sale, does anyone know if there are any patterns on there for skirts that look like the Insa?

Soo Pretty!

Thanks for posting the link, I tried to click on the attachments but nothing happens. Do I need to cut and paste them into something to get the pattern?

Just join the site...then you can get the attachments. There is a TON of free stuff there...I have downloaded a bunch, but never actually stitched anything out yet...LOL

Nini

Soo Pretty!

You probably have to be a member of the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter