Disboutiquers Part 19 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
tvmingirl - Moving from Hawaii to Chicago? Yipes. Will your husband be an instructor at boot camp? It was the suprprise of our lives :scared1: when our younger son told us he wanted to enlist in the Navy. After getting over the shock we've supported him totally and went to his "graduation" at Great Lakes Naval Training Command in Chicago. Very impressive ceremony.

And, the air fare to WDW has got to be a LOT cheaper than from Hawaii!:woohoo:

I am a few days behind so I apologize for the long post:

PRAYER REQUEST
DGD3, Araeyah, is having surgery Monday morning at 11:00. It is suppose to be a 3 hour surgery.:scared1: She has a submucous (hidden) cleft palate and they are going to correct it and put new tubes into her ears. As far as we know they will be cutting the entire roof of her mouth and then repositioning the muscles and tissue and stitching it up (think Z shape). She can have no straws or sippy cups and has to eat pureed food for 3 weeks.:eek::eek: DD is of course very nervous about the length of the surgery. We really hate to see her have to go through this but it is affecting her speech and we feel that the sooner it's fixed the better. TIA

Hope all goes well with the surgery and will be thinking of your DGD.

Thanks again for the feedback on the skirt lengths. I've got all the pattern pieces drafted and measurements double and triple checked. Now comes the hard part - testing each size and trying to write the instructions, create the illustrations and figure out all the other details like yardage needed. BTW - I'm posting my status on this project here so I can hopefully keep on track with it. I found with the first pattern that if I didn't talk about it or keep it on my mental 'To Do' list, it was too easy to let it slide for much too long.

I don't think anyone on this board will let you get too far behind on this project, everyone is waited for this great pattern.

Get ready for way too many pictures! These photos were from our trip in January. Honestly with Christmas the trip snuck up on me and I did not really start sewing until three-ish weeks before. I will not make that mistake again!

Sorry, I didn't capture the pictures but the outfits from your trip are so great. It looks like you had a wonderful trip with lots of fun character interaction. There are so many cute outfits but I think Little Einsteins is one of my favorites. Your Alice dress was very nice too. Thanks for sharing.

I wanted to share a few photos from Samuel's 5th birthday party this morning.

First is James, my youngest in his outfit for the party

th_DSC01209.jpg

Next is Samuel, the birthday boy

th_DSC01208.jpg

Here is the cake we made for the party.

th_DSC01212.jpg

A second view of the cake.

th_DSC01200.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!

Dawn
Looks like the boys had fun at the party. Love the jeans and shirts. And that cake is FANTASTIC.

Wow how did I not see this thread in all the time I have been on here?!?!?! (all-be it intermittent)

You guys are some amazingly talented people! :worship:
I have a feeling I just might end up a regular over here with you guys (if you dont mind, lol).

I wanted to share some of the stuff I have made for my daughter for some of our Orlando visits. We only live 2 hours away and use to go a-lot more. These pics are all from at least 2 -3 years back.
I will admit, my daughter is 9 now and would NOT be happy if I tried to put her in this stuff now.
However, these pictures sure do make me smile of the days when "mom said wear it now put it on" was the rule .... hee hee

*side note, I am one of those moms who is happt to take any opportunity to show of my little "darling" :rotfl:

Ummm ok thats a lot of pics I just could not help myself ;)

How cute. The Barney overalls are too sweet, I love the back view too. What a great idea.

We just arrived home from our first Disney Cruise and here is a picture of the outfits that Lisa made for my kids for the Pirates in the Caribbean Party...

th_557427.jpg
It looks like you enjoyed your cruise. I love this picture and all the ones in your signature. Your kids are adorable.

th_4424111186_e1b5b5aab0.jpg

(Pattern: Faith Double Layer from YCMT; Fabric: Wanna Be A Cowboy by Samantha Walker for Riley Blake Designs)
Your daughter is so cute and I love her little outfit (and the boots)

Just completed outfits for yinyanggirls Big Give. I used the same fabrics as before for Sea World outfits.
for Phoebe (Wish Child):
together:
th_P3140692.jpg
These outfits are so sweet. I know the kids will enjoy them

What a very pretty dress and a great story to go with it. Kids are so funny, but she does look just like Sleeping Beauty.

Wow how did I not see this thread in all the time I have been on here?!?!?! (all-be it intermittent)

I have a feeling I just might end up a regular over here with you guys (if you dont mind, lol).

I wanted to share some of the stuff I have made for my daughter for some of our Orlando visits. We only live 2 hours away and use to go a-lot more. These pics are all from at least 2 -3 years back.
I will admit, my daughter is 9 now and would NOT be happy if I tried to put her in this stuff now.
However, these pictures sure do make me smile of the days when "mom said wear it now put it on" was the rule .... hee hee

*side note, I am one of those moms who is happt to take any opportunity to show of my little "darling" :rotfl:

15nnbd1.jpg

20jhemx.jpg

2ezocvd.jpg

259zyig.jpg

2hyjwoh.jpg

1192r2f.jpg

Your outfits are very cute!! I love the overed overalls. I've yet to try that. Kirsta is 9 now also, she was just asking me about her costumes for the park. :lmao: I will say, what goes to Disney, stays in Disney.

Friday night I was told that no one in this group will make a Tiana dress because they are afraid of me! Could you let me know if this is true or not? I have been copied before and did not call the people out or make any reference to what was copied, just a vague reference to being upset over being copied. So I'm not understanding where this is coming from. I have made two Tiana dresses. The first one that I made was made using the ideas and vision from a child and both the mother of the child and I expressed our wishes for the dress to not be copied. The second dress that I made I don't care if every single stitch on the dress is copied, It was my own interpretation of the dress.

:confused3 Not that I'm aware. I remember at one point, someone had requested not to have thier items copied to sell, as they sell the outfit. But I've seen several amazing versions of Tiana here.

Your daughter is so cute! I wanna see a now pic - she looks just like my little Emmy in these pics, and I wanna see how she looks now as a "big girl" of 9!

Oh thank you :)
You dont have to ask me twice for more pictures, lol. She is my little freckle face now ;)
* pics were huge sorry i will work on them .....

I'll post these on the Big Give site too...here's the princess outfits for Ali and her sister Maya. Ali is the Tink, and Maya Sleeping Beauty. Tink would fit Rebecca, but she's in a snit now because I don't have her Tink dress done yet, so she wouldn't model for me. :confused3 Tink is frankenpatterned Simply Sweet with a petal shaped Scallopini skirt. The fabric has a gold glitter sparkle to it. Sleeping Beauty is a Portrait Peasant, the same as I mentioned with the post of Rebecca wearing hers. I'll get these mailed tomorrow.
100_0301.jpg

100_0302.jpg

OK, I admit, I'm stumped. I have several ideas for each ADR of our 10 day trip with the exception of 2. One is going to be pricess something or other...but the one that has me stumped is Biergarten. I lived in Germany for 3 years so you 'd think I would have some ideas, but no...nothing! Since none of us drink, the only half ideas I've had were inappropriate for our gang!

The closest thing I can come up with is a Precious dress with a dark green bodice with some sort of embroidery on it and white sleeves. This is similar to the drindles that you see there, but not really feeling it for Biergarten...know what I mean?

Besides, that really doesn't 'feel' Disney to me. I did have a half thought about Snow White, but most people don't realize that Snow White is from Germany. (and neither of my girls could pass for Snow White!)

So..I need some inspiration here. I have to make two dresses and 5 t shirts to either coordinate or match. (although I did think about having all 7 of us wear a different dwarf T shirt... but I'm not sure I can work that into a dress for the girls...)

Nini

I know the skirt is fitting for the Butt Ruffle Queen of the East Coast!! :) For some reason I thought Han and Tess were the same age but now I remember she is a grade ahead. The skirt is from the Feliz pattern. Thanks!

What program did you use? I lost the last six years of photos from my external hard drive. I was quoted at $1000 to recover the hard drive.

The Tiana dress does have straps. They are just clear plastic. I bought bra straps from notions wall at Jo Ann's. You just have to be careful because they are pretty delicate and can rip.

I just asked Corey and he thinks it is called Stellar Phoenix? For some reason, our main hard drive decided to reformat itself the other day and wiped out all of our stuff! He's been able to recover most of it with that program. He's had to scan the drive a few times to get it all.

Ah, clear straps!!! Clever!!! I hadn't thought of that!

OK, I admit, I'm stumped. I have several ideas for each ADR of our 10 day trip with the exception of 2. One is going to be pricess something or other...but the one that has me stumped is Biergarten. I lived in Germany for 3 years so you 'd think I would have some ideas, but no...nothing! Since none of us drink, the only half ideas I've had were inappropriate for our gang!

The closest thing I can come up with is a Precious dress with a dark green bodice with some sort of embroidery on it and white sleeves. This is similar to the drindles that you see there, but not really feeling it for Biergarten...know what I mean?

Besides, that really doesn't 'feel' Disney to me. I did have a half thought about Snow White, but most people don't realize that Snow White is from Germany. (and neither of my girls could pass for Snow White!)

So..I need some inspiration here. I have to make two dresses and 5 t shirts to either coordinate or match. (although I did think about having all 7 of us wear a different dwarf T shirt... but I'm not sure I can work that into a dress for the girls...)

Nini

I like the Snow White theme. Maybe you could do a Snow White inspired dress with a one of the dwarfs on each one, on a peek-a-boo skirt? I think it would be alot of fun to have each person wearing the dwarf that is closest to their personality. I know whatever you make will be great.

I like the Snow White theme. Maybe you could do a Snow White inspired dress with a one of the dwarfs on each one, on a peek-a-boo skirt? I think it would be alot of fun to have each person wearing the dwarf that is closest to their personality. I know whatever you make will be great.

I LOVEthis idea! I do think that a lot more people realize Snow White is from Germany than you realize. I wish I'd have a group of 7 to use this idea for.

For anyone not following little Mya's story. She needs all the prayers and good wishes she can get. She was admited back into the hospital this morning.

Nini

I first thought of Snow White. Isn't Pinnochio German? There is the Blue Fairie.

I thought I posted this earlier, but I think this silly site logged me out while I was typing!! GRRRRRRRRRR............

Thanks for the shoe info..they are adorable but unfortunately my bigfoot 7yr old needs a girls 3 and they don't come that big :sad1:

I didn't know that. Lyddie wears a 3 too.

I did realize that my least favorite part of this, is actually cutting out the pieces. Once that is done, I love the construction and the sewing. Next, I'm going to try my hand at an applique. I've read HeatherSue's tute and it looks like something I can do.
Hope everyone's weekends are going well.

I hate cutttin!

1192r2f.jpg

I'm glad you found us!!! Yes, you will fit in quite nicely!

Ok I DID IT!!!!! (wiping the sweat from my brow haha!)

I made my first twirly whirly skirt!!!!! Its a three tiered skirt in a winnie the pooh fabric. I"m making the top a t-shirt with the same fabric in mickey mouse head pattern, which I think will be cute (maybe?) anyone else have any ideas?

Anyway - I'm beat. haha! You guys are so much more talented than me. And whatever you do - DONT LOOK AT THE SEAMS INSIDE. :) They look like frankenstein stitched this thing. haha.

Pics to come, just wanted to share.

Vester
WOO HOO!!!
My dh came home with a Disney tee shirt for a child...size 3T, but he figured I could use the applique on the front...so I cut the front out of the shirt and put it on the bag.
It's so cute!

We just arrived home from our first Disney Cruise and here is a picture of the outfits that Lisa made for my kids for the Pirates in the Caribbean Party...

th_557427.jpg
Welcome home!

Here is a picture of the corset I made for DGD. She just wore a peasant type shirt underneath it and wore her petti.
th_image610.jpg

I love this picture!
Thanks so much!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cloud9:The cruise was ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:worship::worship::worship: Everything about it was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lovestruc:lovestruc We will definitely be going again soon!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish we wouldn't have waited so long......DO NOT PUT IT OFF.......GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is SOOOOOO WORTH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Brian keeps talking about going on a Disney cruise. I need to start saving!

4424111186_e1b5b5aab0.jpg

(Pattern: Faith Double Layer from YCMT; Fabric: Wanna Be A Cowboy by Samantha Walker for Riley Blake Designs)

Such cute pictures!!! Your daughter is adorable!

Yes, I read about that last night from the link on the front page. I will have to look at that for certain. Should I wait to register until after I finish my GAD blankets, or go ahead now? I wasn't sure if it was something that I had to be prepared to start sewing for that moment. I'm probably a couple weeks out, with the projects I'm working on right now (and finishing the boys rooms).

Go ahead and sign up now. We usually post a Give about a month or several weeks before you need to ship.

Just completed outfits for yinyanggirls Big Give. I used the same fabrics as before for Sea World outfits.
for Phoebe (Wish Child):
th_P3140692.jpg

Now I'm off to create an Alice in Wonderland dress for poohnpigletCA's daughter's birthday next weekend
These are so pretty!!!!
I can't wait to see your Alice!

I LOVE your Sleeping Beauty!!! (the girl and the dress!) What a cute story!

BEAUTIFUL!!!! These will be cherished!

For anyone not following little Mya's story. She needs all the prayers and good wishes she can get. She was admited back into the hospital this morning.

Thanks for letting us know. They are in our prayers.

Welcome Baby Carly!!
This little sweetie was born almost 2 days ago. Her brothers and sisters died, she was the only survivor of a horrible labor.
BabyCarly.jpg

^^^^ AWWWWW!!!! Better not let my daughter see that one.....

So sorry to hear about the others.

Please...don't let my grand daughter see the kitty!!! She has been begging for one for months!

Thanks everyone....those suggestions were right on the money! I have checked with all concerned (at least the ones that will express an opinion!) and we are doing the 7 dwarfs with the girls in a dress using the Peek-a-boo skirt as a base. Their dwarf will be hiding underneath!

Now, why do I feel like I am cheating!!! I am looking at someone else's embroidery site. (only because Heather Sue doesn't have the dwarfs...) I really feel like I am cheating on my spouse! My husband is about to fall in the floor laughing at me! Oh well......

Nini

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter