• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 13 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that princess bed, what an amazing job! It is no wonder that your dd feels like a princess with it.

Emily

Love the bed! I am so glad that Lauren my DD9 was already at school or I am sure she would have seen it and wanted it! Now I am off to go catch up on the old thread!!! I think I am a few pages behind!

Does anyone know if this fabric comes in yellow?
th_etsy09.jpg

th_etsypink1.jpg

Ok, I am back!

Shannon, my mom called me yesterday to ask if she could make a tie for Jacob when I realized that I don't have anything for him to wear for Easter either! I think he will just wear a polo and khakis like every Sunday because it just doesn't make much sense to buy an outfit he will only wear once. At least with a dress Megan will wear it more!

Good luck at the mall! I am headed to Target this morning to go Easter shopping. I hope there's stuff left! :scared1:

It doesn't make a lot of sense for me to get something for my DS. He'll probably argue with me about having to wear whatever it is that I pick. He won't go with me to pick something out. It'll be a big hassle. But that's what I do. I buy the kids new clothes to wear on Easter, and then fight with them about having to wear it, and then never see it again. I can't just make things easy for myself. When will I ever learn? :rotfl::rotfl:

QUESTION
Could you use ribbon to hem off something? I need to hem off a patchwork dress and I don't have enough bias tape and I really don't want to add an extra ruffle to do the fold over hem. I could fold over the last row but I think I need those extra 2 inches of legnth.

I'm not sure if I would do that simply because I'd be unsure of the ribbon running when washed, or if it would wrinkle up badly when washed. Other than that, I guess it would work.

I love the castle bed! (but lost a lot of my quote) So is your DH coming to make my DD one? I mean, since we're practially family and all? Clearly, your "side of the family" got all of the woodworking genes! No one that I know of in my familly has that ability whatsoever! It's gorgeous!

Hey Guys! I wanted to update everyone and let you know that Becca is still in the hospital recovering from brain surgery. She is on day 60 something now. Seems like it has been forever!

I would love it if we could start another round of cards or pictures the kids drew for her. I bet it would really lift her spirits!

And Jakob's Mom - Dmbfan - has started her trip report. She has posted a ton of cute pictures of Jakob and Hannah! Go check them all out! Sounds like they had a great trip!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=31223830&posted=1#post31223830

I was just thinking about sending something new to Becca but I wasn't sure if the mailing information I have is still correct. I think a new round of cards and pictures is a great idea! I have really been enjoying all of the photos from Jake's trip! If you haven't seen them, take a minute to peek.

What is up with the midnight moves??? :rotfl2: Anyway...I'm here!

I was just coming to find you - I know you needed a moving partner! Teresa is the queen of midnight moves. Glad you didn't get lost!

QUESTION
Could you use ribbon to hem off something? I need to hem off a patchwork dress and I don't have enough bias tape and I really don't want to add an extra ruffle to do the fold over hem. I could fold over the last row but I think I need those extra 2 inches of legnth.

I don't see why you couldn't, but make sure you wash the ribbon before attaching it, that way if it bleeds or something it won't ruin your outfit!

Does anyone know if this fabric comes in yellow?
th_etsy09.jpg

th_etsypink1.jpg
I just looked in my dot stash. I've got yellow in the small dots, but not the larger dots. I got mine at Joanns.

I love, love, love the castle bed! I'm putting my order in for 3 beds please. :)

Today is Kirsten's Easter Egg hunt at her school, and I made her a skirt to go with the shirt that I got from Target after Easter last year.

easter1.jpg

Here's my dd modeling it before school this morning..
easter2.jpg

Not the best picture, but here is one of ds and dd...
easter3.jpg

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while, but I waited to post until I had something to share! I first discovered you in 2006 when we had our first trip. I designed a couple of outfits for my dds, but my mom sewed most of it, so I didn't learn a lot. I then left sewing behind until the next year (2007). I tried to make some drawstring bags w/o any directions on my own, but I messed up and they became pillowcases. :laughing: I use one to hold diapers in the diaper bag, but the rest are unused right now. However, they are big enough for some travel size pillows and can be used as pillowcases. :thumbsup2 I did not sew at all in 2008, and this year I found all of you again and was again inspired to sew. I have 3 princesses, and all of you have kept me motivated when I've felt like giving up! You're awesome!

Here are some photos of the outfits I designed in 2006.
This is our Minnie Mouse dress:
Picture165-1-1.jpg

This is a Tink shirt and another view of Minnie:
Picture060-1.jpg

Here you can see that the shoulder ribbons for Tink kept slipping down. I wanted it to look reminiscent of Tink's wings. I don't think my dd thought this outfit was too comfy either.
Picture065-1.jpg

My recent project of this year was a pair of pajama pants. I used a Simplicity It's So Easy pattern. Ha! I really struggled with it. I could do another now easily, but the first time, yikes! I hate patterns, and I think I may follow all of you toward YCMT.
MarchtoApril2009103.jpg

Here is dd showing that the pants have pockets.
MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

I want to make a skirt or dress for my next dd. I need something really simple. What would you recommend on YCMT?

Here are the girls' Easter dresses! I think that they turned out wonderfully! they might even be my favorite dresses to date! I just love the fabric!!!!!!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

Ane here is Kaitlyn's ( she wasn't in the mood to model for me yet this morning)
myprojects059.jpg

I just looked in my dot stash. I've got yellow in the small dots, but not the larger dots. I got mine at Joanns.

I love, love, love the castle bed! I'm putting my order in for 3 beds please. :)

I think they have them at Joanns? I can check the next time I am there.

Thanks ladies!!! I just called my Joann and they said they didn't have it!:( I have someone wanting me to make them something:(

Today is Kirsten's Easter Egg hunt at her school, and I made her a skirt to go with the shirt that I got from Target after Easter last year.

easter1.jpg

Here's my dd modeling it before school this morning..
easter2.jpg

easter3.jpg

That came out GREAT! Soo cute and I love the pic of them together! So Sweet!

Hi ladies, I've been lurking for a while, but I waited to post until I had something to share! I first discovered you in 2006 when we had our first trip. I designed a couple of outfits for my dds, but my mom sewed most of it, so I didn't learn a lot. I then left sewing behind until the next year (2007). I tried to make some drawstring bags w/o any directions on my own, but I messed up and they became pillowcases. :laughing: I use one to hold diapers in the diaper bag, but the rest are unused right now. However, they are big enough for some travel size pillows and can be used as pillowcases. :thumbsup2 I did not sew at all in 2008, and this year I found all of you again and was again inspired to sew. I have 3 princesses, and all of you have kept me motivated when I've felt like giving up! You're awesome!

Here are some photos of the outfits I designed in 2006.
This is our Minnie Mouse dress:
Picture165-1-1.jpg

This is a Tink shirt and another view of Minnie:
Picture060-1.jpg

Here you can see that the shoulder ribbons for Tink kept slipping down. I wanted it to look reminiscent of Tink's wings. I don't think my dd thought this outfit was too comfy either.
Picture065-1.jpg

My recent project of this year was a pair of pajama pants. I used a Simplicity It's So Easy pattern. Ha! I really struggled with it. I could do another now easily, but the first time, yikes! I hate patterns, and I think I may follow all of you toward YCMT.
MarchtoApril2009103.jpg

Here is dd showing that the pants have pockets.
MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

I want to make a skirt or dress for my next dd. I need something really simple. What would you recommend on YCMT?

I think you did great for a first try and your girls are ADORABLE! If you want a good pants pattern get the easy fit pants by CarlaC! They are the BEST! You can make pants short or capris! I have made about 5 pair this week! As far as dresses go, depending on what you are looking for CarlaC has a simply sweet dress that is very versatile as well as her brand new pattern Precious dresses, as a matter of fact just buy any of Carla's patterns and you will be thrilled with how easy they are and how FANTASTIC they look!:thumbsup2
Here are the girls' Easter dresses! I think that they turned out wonderfully! they might even be my favorite dresses to date! I just love the fabric!!!!!!

myprojects060.jpg

myprojects057.jpg

Ane here is Kaitlyn's ( she wasn't in the mood to model for me yet this morning)
myprojects059.jpg

LOVE these! That fabric is great!

I'm not sure if I would do that simply because I'd be unsure of the ribbon running when washed, or if it would wrinkle up badly when washed. Other than that, I guess it would work.

So far all the shirts I have done with ribbon have washed up and turned out fine. I have been quite pleased. I have seen pictures though of things with ribbon where they just don't hold up or look weird. So it is kind of a gotta try it to find out thing.

I was just thinking about sending something new to Becca but I wasn't sure if the mailing information I have is still correct. I think a new round of cards and pictures is a great idea! I have really been enjoying all of the photos from Jake's trip! If you haven't seen them, take a minute to peek.

I'll confirm with Teresa the addresses.

easter3.jpg

We do not see enough pictures of them! So cute! Love the skirt!

th_MarchtoApril2009102.jpg

Definately check out YCMT! You'll fall in love instantly!

th_myprojects060.jpg

These look really nice!

On the Easter clothes shopping. I do not tend to buy new things for Dallas. We just wear whatever we have. I used to hate as a child having to dress up and it really ruined what the season was about for me and the holiday. It just mad me one big sour puss! SO after saying that I went to the mall last night on the hunt for a purple button down shirt! I got the idea in my head that I wanted purple when Jeanne posted a picture of Lily's dress! Weird! I know! But we found the cutest shirt at Crazy 8 and Dallas loves it!

I have been super lurking! We have been working like crazy on the house. We are hoping to move in next month, but I think that we may not be moving until June.
Anyway, I love the newest Carla dresses! I have another added to my wishlist! Oh Carla!!! I would LOVE to test whatever you come up with next ;)

K.. you asked for it!
IMG_1967.jpg
Absolutely Amazing!!!

Ok for those keeping track, guess how much sewing I have gotten done since my whine last night?

wait for it.....

ZIP ZERO NADA!!!!! Have not even chosen fabric yet:scared1:

But with each new day there is hope. I have been up since 6am thanks to a fool running a leaf blower:sad2:, "baby grump butt" is up and dressed and we are headed to the fabric store.:thumbsup2 (NOT because I NEED fabric, but because they send me coupons!LOL)

I will look and see if they have the yellow dot- My 2 Angels. Did I see you are in FL?

And I blame Tom, I was all set to make a solid colored dress for Morgan (one color-what WAS I thinking?:lmao:) but then I saw his dresses and now I need a print and I can't use ANY of the prints I have LOL.

Oh, now I see! That beautiful bed is what I missed!! Oh, I want one too! It is every little girls dream bed! Just gorgeous! Did you do al of the flowers and vines? I just love the colors and the shelves and the playhouse under it! Oh, the whole thing is just so wonderful. What an amazing family your little girl has and I am sure she loves it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter