• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disboutiquers Part 12 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW! Lots of you guys are up in the middle of the night. Despite what Kristine things, I do sleep. . . some.

Okay so I made page number 2!! :rotfl:

I wanted to post the pics of the top I made with the Hannah Montana fabric. The skirt is in these too. I just have to say that my daughter is a complete HAM and I need to get her on stage somewhere. She would LOVE it. I had to tell her I had enough pictures because she just kept posing!!!

100_0625.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0626.jpg

I forgot to mention that the bodice came out a bit short. I used the pattern from one of the peasant dresses and added bell sleeves. She will just have to wear an undershirt. She didn't mind at all, she said she looks llike Jasmine!!

Oh, and just for the record, the flannel backed satin worked great. I can't wait to go and buy some of the purple tinkerbell. I don't think it ended up looking like pajamas at all. What do you think? :rotfl:

I just posted this on the last thread. I guess we started the new one while I was typing. Here's a copy of the post.
Have a fab trip and I can't wait to see all the cuties in there customs!

Hi! My name is Kelly and I've been lurking on your thread for quite a while. My mom sewed when I was a little girl and I would dabble with the sewing machine, but nothing major. Your thread inspired me to make first day of school outfits for my kids this past year. I have an almost 7 y/o little boy and an almost 5 y/o little girl. They've never been to Disney World, but someday we'll get there. I'm a dispatcher at a police department and we dispatch police, fire, and ambulance. I've been reading your stuff for so long that I feel like I know you. Is it ok if I post the stuff I've made even though it's not Disney?
welcome! I can't wait to see what you have made!

Teresa

do you have a tutorial on invisible zippers in the bookmarks?

Linnette
I thought Carla had one on YCMT?

okay, I didn't want to be up for this move - and I wasn't TRYING to make it onto the first page (yay me!:cheer2: ) but it's going to be a long night.

Sierra is "sharing" me at school tomorrow. I'm the sewing auntie - the fairygodmother - the one who just whips Clara Schumann out of my...head;)

So what does one wear when one is being shared at school?
More importantly, though, whatever possessed me to say at 7:30 this evening that I would make a crayon roll-up for each child in her class? That's 20 crayon roll-ups.
I got home at 8:00 from Girl Scouts, looked through fabric, began the project after that. I'm using the "hands around the world" fabric. I've NEVER made a crayon roll-up.

It's 11:45 in California. I have to be at Sierra's school at 8:20. Yay me.:goodvibes
WOWO what a great auntie you are!!! Have fun with the kids1

I'm here! :goodvibes

Awww.. almost made page 1!!
I blame it on the smocking! :P

I have a Dr's appt in the morning and I am very nervous. I sooo should be sleeping.
Good luck at the dr. I hope everything is al right.
I just went yesterday for my ankle that has been hurting for almost a month now and the dr thinks i have a level 3 sprain and wants with to take my anti inflamatories for a week and if it isn't better I need to go for an mri next week.
I will have the xray result today..
Better late than never! I did make it and can't wait to see the Chapter 12 of the Disboutiqers. You all bring so much to the forum with your creativity and conversations. This is the best forum on the Dis.

Thank you Crystal for the post. I am touched and again crying. It is a very hard time and will be for a few months. I know we can get through and we must never give up. I think is all just part of having a SN child and doing what is the very best for the child.

NaeNae, have a wonderful trip, enjoy the magic and bring back a lot of pictures to share please.

I think Wendy asked about the fabric that is like my siggy. The puzzle pieces represent the puzzle that it is autism. There is no cure and they really don't know the cause. The symptom of each child can be so different from another. It is all a puzzle and we strive daily to put the pieces together.

Thanks friends for the cheer, I will keep going and I thank each of you for caring in this hard time.
You are such a good mommy April! Hunter looks like such a sweet boy you are doing a great job with him!

I know there is a bunch of Twilight readers on here? I just started it last night. I finished my last series and I am very sad about finishing it I can't wait to get the new books! I hope Twilight can be as good!

I wanted to post the pics of the top I made with the Hannah Montana fabric. The skirt is in these too. I just have to say that my daughter is a complete HAM and I need to get her on stage somewhere. She would LOVE it. I had to tell her I had enough pictures because she just kept posing!!!

100_0625.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0626.jpg

I forgot to mention that the bodice came out a bit short. I used the pattern from one of the peasant dresses and added bell sleeves. She will just have to wear an undershirt. She didn't mind at all, she said she looks llike Jasmine!!

Oh, and just for the record, the flannel backed satin worked great. I can't wait to go and buy some of the purple tinkerbell. I don't think it ended up looking like pajamas at all. What do you think? :rotfl:
Very cute! I love the beads it is VERY HM! Your dd is so cute! I love that she is a ham!!!!!

I found you all. I am leaving today. Thank you so much for all the helpful advice and offers yesterday. You are a wonderful bunch of people. I am putting the issue behind me and I am going to have a wonderful vacation. I hope I see other people from the disboards there too.

Hi! My name is Kelly and I've been lurking on your thread for quite a while. My mom sewed when I was a little girl and I would dabble with the sewing machine, but nothing major. Your thread inspired me to make first day of school outfits for my kids this past year. I have an almost 7 y/o little boy and an almost 5 y/o little girl. They've never been to Disney World, but someday we'll get there. I'm a dispatcher at a police department and we dispatch police, fire, and ambulance. I've been reading your stuff for so long that I feel like I know you. Is it ok if I post the stuff I've made even though it's not Disney?

Welcome! We love to see it all, disney or not! Feel free to post pictures!

okay, I didn't want to be up for this move - and I wasn't TRYING to make it onto the first page (yay me!:cheer2: ) but it's going to be a long night.

Sierra is "sharing" me at school tomorrow. I'm the sewing auntie - the fairygodmother - the one who just whips Clara Schumann out of my...head;)

So what does one wear when one is being shared at school?
More importantly, though, whatever possessed me to say at 7:30 this evening that I would make a crayon roll-up for each child in her class? That's 20 crayon roll-ups.
I got home at 8:00 from Girl Scouts, looked through fabric, began the project after that. I'm using the "hands around the world" fabric. I've NEVER made a crayon roll-up.

It's 11:45 in California. I have to be at Sierra's school at 8:20. Yay me.:goodvibes

Did you get the crayon roll ups finished?

I'm here! :goodvibes

Awww.. almost made page 1!!
I blame it on the smocking! :P

I have a Dr's appt in the morning and I am very nervous. I sooo should be sleeping.

We'll be here to support you!

I found you all. I am leaving today. Thank you so much for all the helpful advice and offers yesterday. You are a wonderful bunch of people. I am putting the issue behind me and I am going to have a wonderful vacation. I hope I see other people from the disboards there too.

Have a great vacation!

I finished all of the customs.:yay: :yay: I think I'm finally packed.:thumbsup2 We leave for the WORLD in 3 hours. :banana: :banana: My DH is crazy, he wants to leave at 3AM. :eek: He wants to get through Dallas before rush hour. I understand but I'm tired. I don't do good on 2 hours sleep so I'm just staying up until we leave. Hopefully I'll be able to get some sleep in the car.

Here my completed list:
2 Daisy Vida's, 2 Minnie Vida's, 2 Mickey bowling shirts, 2 Mary Poppins Vida's, 1 "Let's go fly a kite" bowling shirt, 2 Pooh & 2 Tink Aline's with 2 pair coordinating pants, 2 Nemo Alines, 1 Nemo bowling shirt, 1 Mickey bowling shirt, Handy Manny raglan, AK raglan, appliqued a polo shirt & onsie, 1 pant with zebra ruffle, 1 Dumbo appliqued sweat jacket, 1 Minnie appliqued sweat jacket, 1 Princess (with 8 princesses) appliqued sweat jacket.

They are wearing customs from previous trips the rest of the time. The only thing I didn't get done was the stroller blanket that DD (GoofyG) wanted me to make.

I knew you would come through! Hope you enjoyed the rest of your vacation last time! Gosh, you should be what, just 17 hours away now or something from disney!

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have been swamped at work since I got back. My "challenging" kid is sapping all my energy. One of the assistant principals stays in my room for the first 45 minutes of class to help control him so I can actually teach the other kids something! (for all you other teachers, it's almost like having an evaluation every day--although I am doing nothing different as far as content, delivery, etc., it is still stressful to have her there--you never know what a 4 year old will say or do!) But it would be far more stressful without her!! I have the other 2 hours and 15 minutes without her--so no small groups during workstations because I have to monitor him so closely. Sometimes our para can come in and stay with him so I can work with the others--some of my kids are beginning to read & it is killing me that I can't give them the support they deserve! Others need help in the very basic areas and I can't give it to them either! I have another "normal" class after the first one leaves. I am worn out by the time I get home.

I was able to get my room problem at Movies resolved. (For those that weren't there, Movies had assigned a room on the third floor. I had first floor in my ressied that was supposedly approved by special services. They "downgraded" me from preferred to regular & put me on the third floor because of the cheerleaders and Argintine tour groups that "needed to be kept together." When I went back to the Movies after ESPN, I told them that it just wasn't acceptable to be where I needed to use stairs in case of a fire. I explained to them that I was not faking the need--that I wished I were--but I could not stay on the third (or second for that matter) floor. They miraculously found me a room on the first floor....still not close to the front, but at least I felt safe.

I also forgot my cell phone charger:scared1: so I couldn't communicate with anyone after Sunday. On Monday, I went to the studios and rode toy story and then to magic kingdom, watched the new parade and rode haunted mansion. I went back to the room and mostly rested and read 3 books I had brought with me. Since my Kiddo had been suspended for the two days I wasn't at school, I knew he would probably be in rare form when I returned (and he was!) BTW--I have actually seen some small improvements in his behavior this week. We are actually making a tiny bit of progress! It is difficult, but I am not giving up on this child just because his parents won't admit he has challenges! He may have already been expelled from two public schools, but if I can help it, he won't be expelled from ours!

I was starting to worry about ya! Don't disappear for so long next time! AND make sure to take your phone charger next dismeet!

Glad they got the room situation fixed, but really upset they didn't handle it to begin with. I know it was on your mind all day long!

Glad things are going slightly better with the challenging child, but boy I wish he would shape up faster!

Okay, HELP again! For all of you that just put your pictures directly on the computer without using a program, do you just not edit them or edit them in a program like snapfish or photobucket? I like to edit mine before they go to either of those places. I just don't find it fast to edit from those programs. I can put them directly on the computer, but can't edit them from there which I guess is my main issue. So maybe, a better question would be what editing programs does everyone like? I just usually crop the pictures, nothing else.

Hi Kelly, welcome to the madness. However, head this warning..... sewing and buying fabric is an ADDICTION. You don't seem to be to far in, so you still can save yourself. If you choose not to, however, we will gladly enable you when it comes to buying fabric, patterns, etc. So, consider yourself warned. LOL!!! And are your kidding?!?! oF COURSE, WE WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU MADE. Oops, sorry. Didn't mean to yell. Get that post count up so you can post some pics.

Teresa

do you have a tutorial on invisible zippers in the bookmarks?

Linnette

There is also a zipper e-book on YCMT, but it isn't a free one.

Good luck at the doc's today.

Have a great time, and Disney is wonderful with or without all the customs.

I think it turned out cute. Nice job. Your dd's a cutie.

Thank you! You just gave me a laugh in the last post when you were talking about fabric addiction! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Oh, it really, IS!!! I just can't get enough!

You are right, SAVE YOURSELF BEFORE IT's TOO LATE!!!!! :lmao:

not too bad i'm only a page or two late

Woo-hoo...I never get in on a thread this early!!! :cool1:

Oh gosh, I can relate! :hug: Doctors make me SO nervous. I had a routine physical yesterday, and I was very very very worked up about it. My BP and pulse measured high in the office, so I ended up having to get all kinds of scary tests run :scared: . The doc suggested I get a home monitor, so I bought a nice one at Target. Since I've been home and relaxed, I'm measuring completely normal :confused3 . High BP runs in my family, so at some point I probably will need meds, but I'm hoping all the tests will come out OK and I can delay a bit. I know for sure that I have a serious case of white coat syndrome!

i get you i had the same thing and they put me on a 24 hr monitor, she said i am definitely white coat syndrome, but that i am a non dipper (at night my bp doesnt drop much) so with that and a family history i too am destined for high bp . good luck:)

Have FUN!

1 AM Teresa??? 1 AM??????Who in their right mind would be up at 1 am, let alone move at that time???

I know it was a ploy to try and lose me, but you of all people should know I'm smarter then that! :laughing:

I was sound asleep last night and I heard all this noise...next time some of you need to wear light shoes when moving!:lmao:

Little late...but I'm here!:goodvibes I'm not hanging around...I'm off to shower, then to WM to buy some fabric, then home to pack up. DH is off to Vegas this weekend and I am taking the kids to visit my parents for the weekend.

BTW...DH has about 3-4 hours to kill in Vegas before meetings start...does anybody have a suggestion of something non-drinking, non-gambling, non-stripper he can do. That's a hard one I know:lmao:

You moved at 1AM? that is crazy. I was sound asleep dreaming about fabric and addiction and what I could add today with a trip to Hancocks....

Glad I at least made it before page 10 this time! I have to buy some lace ribbon and a zipper today....I hate zippers...just the knowledge that I have to actually sew it in after I buy it is giving me grief!

Welcome to your new addiction and we would all be very happy to see what you are making. You will need to have 10 posts before the DIS will let you post a pic. You can do a countdown. No one will mind.

100_0625.jpg

100_0624.jpg

100_0626.jpg

I think it is cute and doesn't look like PJ's

I was sound asleep last night and I heard all this noise...next time some of you need to wear light shoes when moving!:lmao:

Little late...but I'm here!:goodvibes I'm not hanging around...I'm off to shower, then to WM to buy some fabric, then home to pack up. DH is off to Vegas this weekend and I am taking the kids to visit my parents for the weekend.

BTW...DH has about 3-4 hours to kill in Vegas before meetings start...does anybody have a suggestion of something non-drinking, non-gambling, non-stripper he can do. That's a hard one I know:lmao:
Tell him to go to the top of the Stratosphere. It has an awesome view and if he isn't afraid he can ride the rides at the top.

Hi all! My name is Shannon. I have been following this thread for quite awhile now and have read all 11 threads. I LOVE what you guys have created! We are planning our first trip to WDW, along with a day in Sea World, and I am planning on making an outfit for each of my children for each day. There are four of them - and I haven't sewn any clothing up to this point since over five years ago. But what can I say - I'm a dreamer :) Hope you guys don't mind an inexperienced sewer joining... or one that hasn't been to Disney since I was a year or two old :)

Oh - and Heather - I have FINALLY posted :)

Hi all! My name is Shannon. I have been following this thread for quite awhile now and have read all 11 threads. I LOVE what you guys have created! We are planning our first trip to WDW, along with a day in Sea World, and I am planning on making an outfit for each of my children for each day. There are four of them - and I haven't sewn any clothing up to this point since over five years ago. But what can I say - I'm a dreamer :) Hope you guys don't mind an inexperienced sewer joining... or one that hasn't been to Disney since I was a year or two old :)

Oh - and Heather - I have FINALLY posted :)

HEY, SHANNON! Welcome out of lurkdom! Have fun creating great things for your trip.

Well, I made the move, but I won't be around for a while. My computer caught a virus and it's in the shop. I'm checking in on my dh's computer, so I won't have access for a while. I'll be back in a few days.

I just posted, but my dd just fussed me for not telling about her and her siblings. I am married to a wonderful man in the USAF. We have four children. Our oldest is five yo Katie. She is our drama queen :) Next is our three year old son Lee. Lee is incredibly sweet, but has major attitude. Then comes Will who will be 2 in May. Will is in to EVERYTHING! Samantha (aka Sam) was born on he 16th of January. I stay at home with our children, and homeschool. This equates to lots of family fun... but sometimes too much family, lol. In all honesty, I love being a mom and I so look forward to dressing them in clothes made from love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter