• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everybody, I'm just now finding out what's going on. I'm still trying to process because like everybody else, I've been a loyal fan of Pete & the DIS Team for years. And what Pete did to his employees, Dustin especially, is abhorrent to say the least. Where's Dustin's original post about his experiences with Pete? What page? Can somebody link it please?
At the top of the page on the other site there is a pink wiki button that should have a pretty good rundown of everything we know so far. We are not allowed to link to the other place, but if you google you'll find it

I don’t understand how misogyny fits?.? What does that comment have to do with women?
Are you saying it was misogynistic because it offended you?

I’m not trying to agree or disagree necessarily, I’m trying to

Now, insinuating Steve chose violence with silence I whole heartedly disagree with, this it’s ludicrous and reckless but that’s another issue.

Last edited:

Yes, I saw the video and heard the comment and while I can agree I felt it was gross I don’t see what that has to do with misogyny.

I’m not sure how else to interpret misogyny other than it’s definition but I don’t even see how this involved a woman?

Seriously, did I miss something?
My guess is she’s saying it’s misogynistic because if Pete was a woman and said same thing, he wouldn’t have gotten away with it, there would have been backlash. I don’t believe that is true so it’s not misogynistic to me, but obviously she does so it is misogynistic to her. Both opinions are perfectly acceptable and is why someone can view it as misogynistic or not.

Is there anyway suspend the link rule for just a short period of time, just like strict moderation has been temporarily suspended? The most common question is where to find the accounts of Dustin and Sean.

The crew report they have experienced a toxic environment (bullying, self-centered attitudes, etc.) Other than Charles, no one (that we know of) suspected people were being pressured into sexual relationships or being sexual assaulted.
I would expect all of the team are wondering what more they could have done and sometimes you have to stop the self punishment and focus on what you can do now

My guess is she’s saying it’s misogynistic because if Pete was a woman and said same thing, he wouldn’t have gotten away with it, there would have been backlash. I don’t believe that is true so it’s not misogynistic to me, but obviously she does so it is misogynistic to her. Both opinions are perfectly acceptable and is why someone can view it as misogynistic or not.
It's not misogynistic, it's a double standard. She can think what she wants, but it's clear she doesn't know what the word means. She's certainly been unsuccessful explaining herself.

I would expect all of the team are wondering what more they could have done and sometimes you have to stop the self punishment and focus on what you can do now
That's a good point. I've been fortunate enough to chat with a few of them over the past couple of days. The team seems ready to take action to move this thing forward and hopefully restore the sense of community.

Yes, it's important for people to vent. To express their outrage. To express their frustrations. It's all part of recognizing a problem and dealing with it. It's time to find a solution.

But that's the point. I too have both personal and business AmEx cards (seven total, three for my company), but all of the current business accounts are under my company's EIN number, and don't appear on my personal portal. The bills don't have my name on them, just the company, and they go to the business address. Legally, the company and I are completely separate entities. DUT is a long-established company, and has had an EID for God-knows how long. There's no reason for that account to have Werner's own name and address, and for AmEx to come after him personally, rather than just the company, unless the card was applied for under his SSN. I mean, it's literally the primary reason for incorporating: to insulate one's self from the company's liabilities/debt. Also, it looks like the account was opened just last July, based on the Cardmember Agreement included in the exhibits to the suit.
Wait, where are the exhibits?

I'm not able to watch the live session with Dustin and Sean. If someone doesn't mind doing it, it would be great if a summary could be posted.

I hate to tell you, but the rest of the internet is exactly like this. As someone in IT and security I myself find it hard to sleep at night with the things I run across sometimes.

The Mods here have done a fantastic job of preserving the "bubble" but as you venture further down the rabbit hole that is the internet you will find a majority of the people on it are not very nice people sadly. I do applaud the Mods for letting this thread continue so the truth can come out. I know it is disrupting the bubble but no one is making anyone read this thread. We have all come here to find out what is happening.

The other website is tame compared to websites like 4 c h a n and the like. The Dis threads are also not nearly as mean as some of the other ones on there trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter