Disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
You all know that I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I wouldn't just randomly make up things for the drama and spectacle. This has been an interesting 10 years or so to say the least. It's taken some therapy, courage, and willingness to break through to get me to this point. I feel my story is worth sharing and will help others come forward (no matter what the degree of their situation.)
❤️‍🩹 Thank you for your courage to tell your story!

Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. I'm most certainly posting on Tattle as "justthisonce." Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

You all know that I'm a pretty reasonable guy. I wouldn't just randomly make up things for the drama and spectacle. This has been an interesting 10 years or so to say the least. It's taken some therapy, courage, and willingness to break through to get me to this point. I feel my story is worth sharing and will help others come forward (no matter what the degree of their situation.)

There are so many others that have left the company before and after me that I'm sure went through something harsh regarding Pete. I don't know to what degree. But I hope they find strength in solidarity whether they come forward or not.

Regarding the two main issues going on right now... The Amex charges and lawsuit most certainly need to be addressed. But based on my knowledge of how things work. This was most certainly done without any other person in the company's knowledge. That's why it's becoming a lawsuit and an issue. But to be fair, that truly is out of my wheel house. And I'm sure it will be addressed and resolved.

Regarding the sexual assault and any other harassment, intimidation, or another form of control and abuse of power...
When it was happening to me, I knew something was off. I knew a company should not be run like this. But I also knew that this was my dream. This was my future. This was everything to me. In many ways, Pete used his power over me to isolate me and remove all options I had (or thought I had of leaving.) It took absolute scorched earth and bravery on my part to finally get out. To fight and push my way out. from what I'm reading from others, like Sean, the same had to be done.

I would imagine that the folks who are currently working at the DIS, knew something was off. They knew that Pete was hard to work for. But when I relate this man to a cult leader, I'm not joking. He will give you all your dreams and tear you down to keep them. This, undeniably in my eyes, to any varying degree has happened to every single person who has worked directly for him or with him.

Everyone I know working there currently (from LOTS of personal experience) is a kind, gentle, and loving human being. Many I have longed to reconnect with even after years of separation cause they always stood up for me or at least let me talk to them in veiled misguided therapy sessions. No one ever wanted this for me or anyone else. They didn't know the full extent.

They knew what I knew. This man controlled every second of their life. They did what they could to make a life without him in certain key times. They are fighting just as hard to get out of his shadow as I was. I don't say this lightly at all... I'm not the only victim. I'm not the only person who had a dream to work and play in the parks. I found the courage to get out. 10 years later I'm sharing my truth and exercising more courage because someone did it before me.

Maybe this is their time. They may actually have the chance to build something even better if you give them the chance. Like I said, they are all amazing and loving people. If for one second any of them truly knew what I was going through, we would've teamed up against all of this. I only wish I knew that back then.

I'll be around. Please ask questions. I'm only human, and I have my perspective, but please know that they are doing the best they can with a crappy situation.

Happy to be back on the Boards.
Thank you Dustin. You are amazing.

Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now. I'm most certainly posting on Tattle as "justthisonce." Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

There are so many others that have left the company before and after me that I'm sure went through something harsh regarding Pete. I don't know to what degree. But I hope they find strength in solidarity whether they come forward or not.

Regarding the two main issues going on right now... The Amex charges and lawsuit most certainly need to be addressed. But based on my knowledge of how things work. This was most certainly done without any other person in the company's knowledge. That's why it's becoming a lawsuit and an issue. But to be fair, that truly is out of my wheel house. And I'm sure it will be addressed and resolved.

Regarding the sexual assault and any other harassment, intimidation, or another form of control and abuse of power...
When it was happening to me, I knew something was off. I knew a company should not be run like this. But I also knew that this was my dream. This was my future. This was everything to me. In many ways, Pete used his power over me to isolate me and remove all options I had (or thought I had of leaving.) It took absolute scorched earth and bravery on my part to finally get out. To fight and push my way out. from what I'm reading from others, like Sean, the same had to be done.

I would imagine that the folks who are currently working at the DIS, knew something was off. They knew that Pete was hard to work for. But when I relate this man to a cult leader, I'm not joking. He will give you all your dreams and tear you down to keep them. This, undeniably in my eyes, to any varying degree has happened to every single person who has worked directly for him or with him.

Everyone I know working there currently (from LOTS of personal experience) is a kind, gentle, and loving human being. Many I have longed to reconnect with even after years of separation cause they always stood up for me or at least let me talk to them in veiled misguided therapy sessions. No one ever wanted this for me or anyone else. They didn't know the full extent.

They knew what I knew. This man controlled every second of their life. They did what they could to make a life without him in certain key times. They are fighting just as hard to get out of his shadow as I was. I don't say this lightly at all... I'm not the only victim. I'm not the only person who had a dream to work and play in the parks. I found the courage to get out. 10 years later I'm sharing my truth and exercising more courage because someone did it before me.

Maybe this is their time. They may actually have the chance to build something even better if you give them the chance. Like I said, they are all amazing and loving people. If for one second any of them truly knew what I was going through, we would've teamed up against all of this. I only wish I knew that back then.

I'll be around. Please ask questions. I'm only human, and I have my perspective, but please know that they are doing the best they can with a crappy situation.

Whenever this is all over and done with, I hope you find peace and joy in your life.

I just wanted to offer some support given your experiences. I hope you have all of the support you need. It may or may not be helpful but having read your story via TL - I have had a similar experience (not in this community - but more generally) and would be happy to listen/talk if that helps (maybe you'd rather not/maybe you already have that).

I just wanted to offer some support given your experiences. I hope you have all of the support you need. It may or may not be helpful but having read your story via TL - I have had a similar experience (not in this community - but more generally) and would be happy to listen/talk if that helps (maybe you'd rather not/maybe you already have that).
You can always DM on here and I'd be happy to talk

Dustins "best attraction" tier show was how I discovered the dis 10 years ago and it has been a huge part of my life since.. "Things no longer seen at wdw" "overlooked animal kingdom" "best lands" tier list

and of course the original 7in7 videos with fort wilderness.. I find myself going back to these videos year after year.

- Kevins Dining Reviews were also MUST WATCH

Was a great time to be a fan of the channel.

Dustin, JeniLynn and Oliver were the best talent the show ever had. And from what we’re hearing all of them were abused or mistreated to varying extremes.
I enjoy when John and Kevin are on, Sean Thompson was great, I love Teressa and Kathy too , production nook Craig, dolphin meat Corey, I miss those days so much

without naming names, some of the new hires and on air "talent" mumbling about politics and celebrating the destruction of splash mountain made me unfollow and leave patreon.

Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now... it's really me!" Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

I applaud your courage for coming forward and putting a true face behind the accusations. It’s hard to believe it went on for so long but of course everything that happens in the dark comes to light.

Dustin, we are glad to have you here. Like others, I was unable to comment on the other site. I know the bravery it takes to get out, but on top of that your courage to open up about it with the vindictive person still out there is inspiring. You and Sean’s strength and maturity are much admired.

As for this part about the new chance , this is my hope. The talented people who work on the show and the site can make it beyond this, I know.

As for the last sentence above, we can only do the best we can with the information we have and situation we are in at the time. I know that what you and Sean have shared will open up other people’s eyes to be able to identify narcissistic abuse and escape from it.

Hi Everyone! Long time no see. I miss all of you! I wasn't even sure if I'd have access to these boards anymore. but lo and behold, I do. First an foremost, thank you all for your unwavering support during all of this. If it wasn't clear before, it should be now... it's really me!" Everything I'm writing, I hope, is fair and balanced (and most assuredly true.)

Welcome back even under the circumstances. Your shows were what made me find The Dis in the first place and nothing was the same when you left. Your shows with Teresa and JL were among my favorites! Thank you for sharing your story. As others have said, I wanted to reach out while reading on TL but it’s full. Sharing all of this has taken a tremendous amount of courage and strength. I hope that it brings you peace and helps others from continuing to suffer in an obviously extremely unhealthy environment or suffer the same kind of abuse. I also thank you for sharing as a man because victims often don’t come forward and even more so when they are men. You’ve taken an important stand. You and Sean are going to make a difference for the better. 🙏🏻

Thank you for all of that. Thank you for being you. Thank you for having the strength to speak out in hopes that this wouldn’t happen to anyone else. Your voice has made a difference❤️

Second, do not expect others to know what goes on behind closed doors, or blame them for not fixing problems they are not involved in.
Given how controlling Werner is alleged to have been, including needing to know where his current "person of interest" was 24/7, the constant emailing, phone calls, and texting at all hours of the day (including in the company of others), and the sudden disappearance of individuals after (what has been alleged to be) public outbursts of anger while on trips (ABD, etc.) and cruises (where sharing a cabin seemed to a job requirement), complete ignorance to the outward and public manifestations of certain behavior seems a tough pill to swallow.

In general terms, not specific to this situation, certainly one can't assume that the finer details of interpersonal interactions behind anyone's closed doors would or could be known by others, nor should they be assumed, but the more public manifestations of narcissistic and/or sociopathic behavior in a blurred domestic/professional relationship certainly would be hard to miss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter