• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disappointed in Easter Week hours

I checked my cell phone. The call came from the following number: (407) 487-3569.

Interesting. That phone number belongs to someone named Douglas according to a reverse look-up.

I have never heard of Disney doing calls saying "We expect capacity to be hit" - and we have traveled over Christmas before.

Easter week EMH:
Monday - AK
Tuesday - Epcot
Wednesday - MK
Thursday - Epcot
Friday - HS & MK

Doesn't seem like that perk has been removed?

Stacy

I'm talking about the extra EMH hours they have traditionally added in peak weeks like the week after Easter. Unless they still add more, it's a substantial cutback from last year and previous years.

I was ready to think maybe this meant they had reason to believe crowds would be down. But the report of phone calls to people with late day FPs about the potential to reach capacity would belie that.

We will be there this Friday (18th) and leaving Easter Sunday. We have never been during peak season (usually go in November or January). We are ready for the crowds but we should we really expect? For instance, rides that are usually walk on - like Carousel of Progress or It's a Small World - what are the lines like for those types of things? I'm a little nervous - but just happy to be there - so we are going to just roll with it!

We will be there this Friday (18th) and leaving Easter Sunday. We have never been during peak season (usually go in November or January). We are ready for the crowds but we should we really expect? For instance, rides that are usually walk on - like Carousel of Progress or It's a Small World - what are the lines like for those types of things? I'm a little nervous - but just happy to be there - so we are going to just roll with it!

We usually go to WDW during Easter week. Last year is still somewhat fresh in my mind, and we weren't bothered at all by crowds. We have never had a wait for Carousel of Progress no matter what time of year. It's a Small World can be hit or miss for us. Honestly, we usually plan at least 3 days at MK, so that enables us to have FP's for all of our must-do rides. Then we do the 4th FP, etc., for whatever is offered.

This year for Easter week, we're going with the thought to expect anything. Now that Disney does not black-out Easter week for room deals, we wonder if more people will book that week again like in year's past. However, now that spring breaks are spread out from February through April, it might keep crowds more spread out. Don't be nervous, just have your FP's all booked and you'll be good to go!

I was called on this past Monday. It wasn't a robo call. I spoke to a young man named Ross who explained that they expect MK to likely reach capacity from 3/28-3/31. Our FP+ are in the evening so maybe that is why I received the call. Ross actually suggested that we consider changing our plans due to the expected crowds. He recommended that if we didn't change our plans we should arrive early morning or in the evening.

Since we won't likely arrive at the MK until 7PM or so, Ross thought we should be okay to keep things as they are. We never got on to discussing how I would change plans at this late date. BTW, I have never received any random calls like this previously.

And to respond to one of the previous posts, we are DVC staying at Beach Club Villas and we have gone to Disney each of the last 8 years the week after Easter.

I hope you'll report back here after your trip and let us all know how it compared to your previous Easter trips.

Interesting. That phone number belongs to someone named Douglas according to a reverse look-up.

I have never heard of Disney doing calls saying "We expect capacity to be hit" - and we have traveled over Christmas before.

I actually called back yesterday afternoon. This time I spoke with a young lady. I asked if I did want to change our plans at the MK, how would we go about doing so? She said they would simply add 3 FP+ to my account to be used at any of the other parks. I also asked about the calls and if this was something new. She said that she is part of a new "team". I was chosen randomly but they are trying to contact as many people as possible but they are a small team so it is a slow process.
They definitely have access to my information because she saw that one of my daughters has no FP+ booked that day. She wanted to be certain we didn't forget to make them. My daughter has no FP+ as she is leaving us early to has get back to her job.
Also, I again expressed my concern over the elimination of the 7AM MK EMH's. I was told my concerns would be relayed to the appropriate team that decides such things. Any of you can call the number and ask questions. They were very friendly and were willing to listen.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. Yes, we have our 3 FPs a day - at least one table service a day. Just doing that - I will call success! Told my girls - I just want to stand on Main Street and take a deep breath! We have 3 days at MK, 3 days at EPCOT, 2 days at AK, and 1 day at HS. Can't wait!!

Thank you again TJA!!!!

Reactions: TJA

So a team to warn people of disappointment but cutting staff in the park? Um, what?

I hope anyone disappointed makes the effort to email guest services, or call. How will they know we don't like this if we don't tell them?

So a team to warn people of disappointment but cutting staff in the park? Um, what?

I hope anyone disappointed makes the effort to email guest services, or call. How will they know we don't like this if we don't tell them?

I think the argument is not whether they know but whether they care. They must know, but figure we will come and spend regardless.

I saw this item about the Easter activities at WDW.

http://www.wdwinfo.com/holidays/easter.htm

I was especially interested in this statement:

"Disney's Festival of Fantasy Parade will take place at 12:00 and 3:00pm daily. On March 26 and 27, the Azalea Trail Maids will be in a pre-parade before the Festival of Fantasy parade. They will also be in Town Square for meet and greets on March 27."

According to the official park hours schedule, the parade will be held twice on Monday-Thursday March 28-31, the 4 days the MK is scheduled to open at 8 AM. The bolded sentence is not clear about what days are included in "daily" but in the context of the paragraph it would suggest that the parade will be held twice on Easter Sunday.

This is either an omission to specify the dates on which the parade will be held twice, or another hint (like the earlier than usual BOG breakfast reservations) that the MK opening might be changed to 8 AM on some more dates around Easter. At least it's nice to see that there will be some kind of Easter pre parade over Easter weekend.

Stay tuned.

Thank you so much for the reassurance. Yes, we have our 3 FPs a day - at least one table service a day. Just doing that - I will call success! Told my girls - I just want to stand on Main Street and take a deep breath! We have 3 days at MK, 3 days at EPCOT, 2 days at AK, and 1 day at HS. Can't wait!!

Thank you again TJA!!!!
Enjoy your trip!

I think the argument is not whether they know but whether they care. They must know, but figure we will come and spend regardless.
They probably do not, but if the number of complaints keeps increasing, it gets harder to ignore. Takes up their time to deal with all those complaints.

The week before Easter hours have been updated to MK opening at 8am!!!!!
REALLY?!? I'm checking now. Thanks!
But still only 1 run of MSEP!
And it looks like they took away the 10:00 showing of Fantasmic at DHS!!??!!
Hopefully they are still updating things!

Last edited:
They still have BOG reservations starting at 7:30 throughout the week. I'm guessing they're just late in updating the website and it'll be 8 am openings before you know it.

They still have BOG reservations starting at 7:30 throughout the week. I'm guessing they're just late in updating the website and it'll be 8 am openings before you know it.
Which dates do they have the 7:30 bog reservations for?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter