DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

I know that the list is closed, and this question may be silly, but we have someone coming on the trip with us that wasn't able to get on the list in time... Is the wait list still closed? There's no way to get him in right?

Oh man, and I have wasted $75 on a ticket for a friend of mine who can not go :(

John, is there no way to help?

Will the podcast personalities all be at the event? I would like to at least say Hi to you all (in person)!

The Dis team does attend the event. In the past they formed a receiving line at the entrance of Hogsmeade as we all entered. It was a nice way to meet them. Then they roamed.

Is parking free for AP holders at the park? What about at the hotels? I will be staying at CB, probably just take the free bus to the event, then back to CB after the event.... I have no idea where everything is located, as Universal Florida appears to have changed allot since I was last there in 2007....

Yes parking is free for AP holders at the park garages
No parking is not free for AP holders at the hotel. And in case you are wondering you cannot leave your car in the park garages. Apparently they start going through the garages and tow any cars left there after a certain time. So you are just better to park at the hotel.

CB is not a long bus ride away. Maybe 5 or 10 minutes. CB is pretty close to the parks. This is not Disney where the values are miles away. Universal doesn't have that kind of land.

Yes the podcast crew will be at the party.

Is parking free for AP holders at the park? What about at the hotels? I will be staying at CB, probably just take the free bus to the event, then back to CB after the event.... I have no idea where everything is located, as Universal Florida appears to have changed allot since I was last there in 2007....
If you have a premium or preferred AP or a FL resident arriving after 6pm, parking in the parking garages is free. All guests at the hotels are charged for parking, even if you are staying at another Loews hotel. The bus is the way to go and there will be lots of us onboard returning to CBBR that night.

Will the podcast personalities all be at the event? I would like to at least say Hi to you all (in person)!
The podcast team have been to all the past events so I'm assuming that they will be at this one as well.

Don't be afraid to step up and say hello to them. Some folks are a bit in awe and hold back but I know that they all love to meet their listeners.

Oh man, and I have wasted $75 on a ticket for a friend of mine who can not go :(

John, is there no way to help?

I'm sorry but we stated many times (and even on the forms to sign up) that event registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. We had to submit a final count and names to USO many months ago and that cannot altered.

The price we are paying to USO is based on that count.

It is actually costing Dreams Unlimited Travel more than the amount we changed individuals to attend. This is the case with every event we throw. We never collect the full amount we need and cover a major portion of the expenses for the event ourselves.

Transportation sign-ups for this event are now closed.

If you registered for transportation you should have received an email with the subject "DAP 2015 Diagon Alley Event Transportation Confirmed". If you did not get this email please write to DAP@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com and we will look into it further.

IMPORTANT: If you did not receive that email that means your name IS NOT on the list of transportation and you will not be allowed to board the bus.

Parking is free in the main parking garage for all Preferred and Premium annual pass holders. A friend of mine stayed at Cabana Bay recently. He said that the shuttle bus picks you up at Cabana Bay by the Bayline Diner's TV lounge. Then the shuttle bus drops you off at the bus/taxi area. You just take the escalator up, take a left, go through security, and then take a right at the big TV screen to find the front gates of Universal Studios.

I'm sorry but we stated many times (and even on the forms to sign up) that event registration is non-refundable and non-transferable. We had to submit a final count and names to USO many months ago and that cannot altered.

The price we are paying to USO is based on that count.

It is actually costing Dreams Unlimited Travel more than the amount we changed individuals to attend. This is the case with every event we throw. We never collect the full amount we need and cover a major portion of the expenses for the event ourselves.

A big THANK YOU to you guys for this John! It is very appreciated....$75 is a great deal for this event! Can't wait! :)

Ok Dis'ers.................2 Weeks until Disapalooza!!!! My sweetie and I are spending the day in Epcot.............starting off with the Goofy breakfast at the Beach Club (Yeah I know its Minnie's now but for me it will always be :goofy: ). Then its off to TT, FP for Soar'in.............then a few drinks around the world, Voices of Liberty...........then catch a bit of Whoopie doing the Candlelight Processional! Finally dinner at Via Napoli. Phew..........a big day this will be. But wait! o_O it isn't over yet! :-) Catch the bus at BC and off to DISAPALOOZA!!!!! 3 hours at Diagon Alley.........with our Dis'er friends! Its been a long time coming (I got the ok to book at the NJ DISMeet). :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Doug :goofy:

Ok Dis'ers.................2 Weeks until Disapalooza!!!! My sweetie and I are spending the day in Epcot.............starting off with the Goofy breakfast at the Beach Club (Yeah I know its Minnie's now but for me it will always be :goofy: ). Then its off to TT, FP for Soar'in.............then a few drinks around the world, Voices of Liberty...........then catch a bit of Whoopie doing the Candlelight Processional! Finally dinner at Via Napoli. Phew..........a big day this will be. But wait! o_O it isn't over yet! :-) Catch the bus at BC and off to DISAPALOOZA!!!!! 3 hours at Diagon Alley.........with our Dis'er friends! Its been a long time coming (I got the ok to book at the NJ DISMeet). :D

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Wow, Doug! I'm getting tired just reading about your plans for the day. :teeth: (I'm preparing for the event with a nap, LOL, but I'm old). ;):)

So excited to see Diagon Alley and meet some of the wonderful people that make up the DIS community!:disrocks:

Wow, Doug! I'm getting tired just reading about your plans for the day. :teeth: (I'm preparing for the event with a nap, LOL, but I'm old). ;):)

So excited to see Diagon Alley and meet some of the wonderful people that make up the DIS community!:disrocks:

Yeah I agree....:oops:.....it does seem like a lot. If you think about it though...........the Candlelight Proc and Voices of Liberty are sit down events..............and we're not going to attempt to visit all the countries. I'm a big fan of a nap...........but we've only got 4 days on this visit.............its Christmas time :santa:..........oh yeah did I mention we have MVMCP on Sunday night o_O.

Knowing all of this, we get home on Monday night Dec 7th...........I've taken the 8th off too:D. I'll rest then.........:P

Yeah I agree....:oops:.....it does seem like a lot. If you think about it though...........the Candlelight Proc and Voices of Liberty are sit down events..............and we're not going to attempt to visit all the countries. I'm a big fan of a nap...........but we've only got 4 days on this visit.............its Christmas time :santa:..........oh yeah did I mention we have MVMCP on Sunday night o_O.

Knowing all of this, we get home on Monday night Dec 7th...........I've taken the 8th off too:D. I'll rest then.........:P

Sounds like a great 4-days! I'm doing just 3 park days this visit, and Saturday is a non-park day for me. I'll have lunch with my brother at Beaches and Cream, visit other resorts to see their Christmas decorations, then have dinner at City Walk before the party starts!

Sounds like fun!

We plan to head to AK for the day. Enjoy some lunch at Yak and Yeti and some afternoon attractions before going to back to the condo for some R and R. Then we are going to head to Universal, gets a couple of rolls and apps at Cowfish before the party. Don't want to be too full for butterbeer!

Val & I are looking forward to meeting new folks and renewing acquaintances. We aren't really thrill ride fans, and I'm not even a HP fan (Val is), so I suspect most of the time we will just be standing around chatting with others. Be sure to say hello!

2 weeks from RIGHT NOW we will all be walking through the gates and starting our wonderful evening of friends and fun.
I am so looking forward to this event and seeing new and (many. many) old friends!
We'll be checking in to Cabana Bay and hanging out at the resort and City Walk during the day.
See you all there. :flower1:

I am trying to figure out what to do..... I only recently heard that Capt. EO will be closing...... I arrive in Orlando on Friday the 4th, and I am staying at CB.... So, do I get a Uber over to EPCOT so I can see Capt. EO, then Uber back? See, if I even knew about Capt. EO going away 1 day earlier, I would have signed up for the bus (sigh).

Any thoughts, suggestions? I *MUST* see Capt. EO again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter