DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

So disappointed about the podcast, but totally understand the reasoning behind it. Hopefully I will spot the crew at Daigon Alley to pass along my thanks.

Now I need to find a way to get back in July.

The shuttle went through backstage areas to drop us off at Hogsmeade.

So disappointed about the podcast, but totally understand the reasoning behind it. Hopefully I will spot the crew at Daigon Alley to pass along my thanks.

Now I need to find a way to get back in July.

The shuttle went through backstage areas to drop us off at Hogsmeade.

Okay, so I think I understand. So in Kevin's post, he said something about signing up for transfers. Do I assume correctly that that is for transferring from a WDW-area resort? Do we have to sign up for the shuttle from the park gate back into Diagon Alley?

During the Hogsmeade Disapalooza we had the opportunity to sign up for transportation that would bring guests from their Disney resort to and from the party. We were able to have our pick up at the Contemporary because we had an ADR for California Grill. The bus went to a few other geographically convenient resorts, then dropped us off backstage, very close to Hogsmeade ( we did not walk through the park to get there).

After the park we headed back to the buses where the bus company directed you to the appropriate bus for your resort drop off. We were staying at Pop.

Super convenient and an awesome value.

Okay, so I think I understand. So in Kevin's post, he said something about signing up for transfers. Do I assume correctly that that is for transferring from a WDW-area resort? Do we have to sign up for the shuttle from the park gate back into Diagon Alley?

John has sent an email to everyone attending regarding transportation from the Disney resort to Universal.

He also announced derails on today's podcast.

If you have not received the email, please drop John a note at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

This is the only shuttle sign up available.

We are unsure where the shuttles will drop off. The drop off location will depend on the number of buses needed. Pick up for the shuttle may be in a different location than drop off.

If you are arriving on your own, you will enter through the front of the park.

John has sent an email to everyone attending regarding transportation from the Disney resort to Universal.

He also announced derails on today's podcast.

If you have not received the email, please drop John a note at John@DreamsUnlimitedTravel.com.

This is the only shuttle sign up available.

We are unsure where the shuttles will drop off. The drop off location will depend on the number of buses needed. Pick up for the shuttle may be in a different location than drop off.

If you are arriving on your own, you will enter through the front of the park.

@DisneyKevin @WebmasterJohn or anyone else who might know :P, I apologize for continuing the trend of dumping questions on you (clueless, first time ever visitor to USO!). I'm not sure how many of the specifics you have, but if I was already in the park that day (which seems to be closing that night at 8pm), do you know what time exactly credentials would be out at the front gate for pick up/how early to show up for the party/what time they would let us in there? I'm beginning to plan the USO part of my Dec. trip and wasn't sure yet of my possible dinner plans at USO/City Walk and how to fit that in with the event...

I can only imagine how much is going into coordinating the logistics of this event; THANK YOU so much for all of the hard work you guys are putting forth on this effort! I am SO EXCITED for this chance to meet everyone, to party in Diagon Alley and to embrace what Universal Studios has to offer! Thank you! :-)

DisneyKevin @WebmasterJohn or anyone else who might know :P, I apologize for continuing the trend of dumping questions on you (clueless, first time ever visitor to USO!). I'm not sure how many of the specifics you have, but if I was already in the park that day (which seems to be closing that night at 8pm), do you know what time exactly credentials would be out at the front gate for pick up/how early to show up for the party/what time they would let us in there? I'm beginning to plan the USO part of my Dec. trip and wasn't sure yet of my possible dinner plans at USO/City Walk and how to fit that in with the event...

I can only imagine how much is going into coordinating the logistics of this event; THANK YOU so much for all of the hard work you guys are putting forth on this effort! I am SO EXCITED for this chance to meet everyone, to party in Diagon Alley and to embrace what Universal Studios has to offer! Thank you! :-)

These details are still being worked out.

I will post them here as soon as I know as well as email all attendees with this info.

There is no shuttle in the park from the front gate to Diagon Alley. You will be walked from the front gate to the event by USO employees at the appropriate time (to be announced).

What people are referring to as a 'shuttle' are the buses/transportation to/from a Walt Disney World Resort hotel to/from the event. This is the email everyone should have received with a link and info to sign up.

Last year the buses from WDW went to a backstage location at USO for drop off. This is simply a logistical move that helps USO manage the flow of people to the event. We have no idea if that will happen again this year (but I assume it will) and I have no idea where that drop off location will be. Once the sign-ups for transportation are done we will send a list of all passengers on the buses to the bus company and USO who will work together on the details.

Will the lead name be able to pick up all credentials for the group, or will each individual member need to present identification? We have 8 in our group, including someone who is too young to attend. I bought 6 tickets, intentionally leaving one adult out so that he/she could stay behind with the little one, but for the life of me, I cannot remember which names I included! If I email you, can you tell me who is on my list?

USO will ask for ID for all adults in your party.

I honestly don't know how they will handle the credentials for any children in your party. I would assume all they would ask is that you point out the children so the employee can hand them their credentials.

If there are more than one adult in your party all will have to show ID. I do not believe they will hand all credentials to the lead person.

If you don't know who all the names are in your party you can go to the transportation sign-up page I sent in email and log in with the info provided. The second page will show you your party breakdown. You do not need to sign up for transportation to see this info.

If you don't know who all the names are in your party you can go to the transportation sign-up page I sent in email and log in with the info provided. The second page will show you your party breakdown. You do not need to sign up for transportation to see this info.
Worked like a charm. Thanks!

I know that the list is closed, and this question may be silly, but we have someone coming on the trip with us that wasn't able to get on the list in time... Is the wait list still closed? There's no way to get him in right?

I know that the list is closed, and this question may be silly, but we have someone coming on the trip with us that wasn't able to get on the list in time... Is the wait list still closed? There's no way to get him in right?
I don't think there ever was a wait list. Unfortunately, no substitutions or additions will be allowed.

There is no waitlist as tickets are non transferable. Sorry angieand3yrs I don't think your additional guest will be able to attend.

There is no shuttle in the park from the front gate to Diagon Alley. You will be walked from the front gate to the event by USO employees at the appropriate time (to be announced).

What people are referring to as a 'shuttle' are the buses/transportation to/from a Walt Disney World Resort hotel to/from the event. This is the email everyone should have received with a link and info to sign up.

Last year the buses from WDW went to a backstage location at USO for drop off. This is simply a logistical move that helps USO manage the flow of people to the event. We have no idea if that will happen again this year (but I assume it will) and I have no idea where that drop off location will be. Once the sign-ups for transportation are done we will send a list of all passengers on the buses to the bus company and USO who will work together on the details.
Thanks for the clarification, John. This is my first DISapalooza, so I'm learning.

During the Hogsmeade Disapalooza we had the opportunity to sign up for transportation that would bring guests from their Disney resort to and from the party. We were able to have our pick up at the Contemporary because we had an ADR for California Grill. The bus went to a few other geographically convenient resorts, then dropped us off backstage, very close to Hogsmeade ( we did not walk through the park to get there).

After the park we headed back to the buses where the bus company directed you to the appropriate bus for your resort drop off. We were staying at Pop.

Super convenient and an awesome value.
Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clarifying!

Reminder - we will be closing out sign-ups for transportation to/from a WDW hotel to the event on Sunday night at midnight.

Once it is closed we cannot add anymore people to the transportation - no matter how nicely you ask.

If you want transfers to/from the event from WDW please sign up now. you have just 36 hours left do so.

Anyone out there getting excited besides me?:banana::jumping1::banana:
Two weeks from now if I am not mostly packed:laundy:I will have a problem.
Three weeks from now...we will all be :welcome:welcomed to the party and having a blast. Not sure what to do first.:car:

So excited, DD is excited to meet our 'Podcast Friends' as well.

Reminder - transportation sign-ups will be closing in a few short hours - you need to act now if you want/need transportation between a WDW resort hotel and the event.

I have some new info on the Cabana Bay buses and parking at the event...

- CBBR buses run every day until 2am (sorry I gave wrong info initially)

Parking rates for 12/5/15

- Regular Parking is $20.00
- Preferred Parking $25.00
- Preferred Annual Pass Upgrade for Preferred Parking is $8.00
- 6pm to 10pm Parking $5.00 NON FLORIDA RESIDENT
- Florida Residents After 6pm FREE Parking with Proof of Residency
- Preferred Parking After 6pm FLORIDA RESIDENT $5.00
- Preferred Parking After 6pm NON FLORIDA RESIDENT $10.00

Is parking free for AP holders at the park? What about at the hotels? I will be staying at CB, probably just take the free bus to the event, then back to CB after the event.... I have no idea where everything is located, as Universal Florida appears to have changed allot since I was last there in 2007....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter