DISApalooza 2015 Official Information Thread

Aargh I have my one year wedding ann during that time and we are going to WDW for 10 days....do I cancel that for the cruise??? Im sooo confused. I had Narcoossees and Monseiur Paul in my plans :( but I would really like to meet the team and maybe have a beer with the guys

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, flying down from Jersey. DISApalooza on Saturday then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Sunday! My type of weekend getaway =)

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, flying down from Jersey. DISApalooza on Saturday then Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party on Sunday! My type of weekend getaway =)

Yep me too. I think I may combine it with Christmas at Epcot. And the weather will be great.

Just signed up today. My husband and I have not been to universal since our band trip in 1996. We are debating staying at Disney due to being DVC members and having points left over this year. Just coming down for the weekend as we are both school teachers. So excited!

I've never been to a Disapalooza event nor have I been in the Diagon Alley area. 1,000 actually sounds like a lot of people... am I off base? Someone ease my fear and tell me there won't be any lines for the rides even with this "intimate" group :)

I was worried about this, too. I don't think 1,000 people would make for long ride lines, but I wondered if the public areas would seem crowded.

Diagon Alley fits several thousand people. Gringotts and Hogwarts Express handle over 2000+ guests per hour EACH. And Diagon Alley itself its massive, with side streets, diversions, shops, and more.

Thanks for easing our fears!

Aargh I have my one year wedding ann during that time and we are going to WDW for 10 days....do I cancel that for the cruise??? Im sooo confused. I had Narcoossees and Monseiur Paul in my plans :( but I would really like to meet the team and maybe have a beer with the guys
The Podcast cruise is December 4-11, 2016. This thread is for the Dec. 5, 2015 DISapalooza event from 9 p.m. until midnight at Universal's Diagon Alley!

Im starting to think 1000 people is alot, at first i thought they said it would be about 700 people.

Im starting to think 1000 people is alot, at first i thought they said it would be about 700 people.
1000 shouldn't be bad in comparison to a normal day there. I'm sure we're gonna have an amazing time!

Not sure how much you guys are into some spoilers, but check out these videos from NBC and my friends! It'll give you a general idea of the scope, detail, and massive size of this land. It's like if someone combined New Orleans Square, Morocco, Mexico, and Sunset Boulevard into one land! Here's just some of the cool things to expect (or to be sold on!)

NBC Special "The Making of Diagon Alley"

The Tim Tracker Soft Opening of Diagon Alley

Celestina Warbeck Show

iTheme Park Tour of Diagon Alley

Olivander's in Diagon Alley

This, unfortunately, won't be part of the performances that night, but it's still awesome:

Tales of Beedle the Bard: The Three Brothers & The Fountain of Fair Fortune

My husband and I are booked on the Dream sailing 11/30-12/4 for our anniversary. I was giddy when I heard about this on the podcast. My daughter and I are huge Harry Potter fans. We are going to fly our kids down to meet us on Friday and have a Universal weekend to top it off now! They aren't going to know about this until later in the year though.

I just signed up. I am assuming there are still spots left at this point even though it is technically a waitlist. Is that right?

:disrocks:

Not sure how much you guys are into some spoilers, but check out these videos from NBC and my friends! It'll give you a general idea of the scope, detail, and massive size of this land. It's like if someone combined New Orleans Square, Morocco, Mexico, and Sunset Boulevard into one land! Here's just some of the cool things to expect (or to be sold on!)

NBC Special "The Making of Diagon Alley"

The Tim Tracker Soft Opening of Diagon Alley

Celestina Warbeck Show

iTheme Park Tour of Diagon Alley

Olivander's in Diagon Alley

This, unfortunately, won't be part of the performances that night, but it's still awesome:

Tales of Beedle the Bard: The Three Brothers & The Fountain of Fair Fortune

These are great links! Thanks for sharing them....now I really can't wait for December!

I'm so excited about this - I signed up as soon as I heard and plan to bring my kids as their Christmas present for a 4 day weekend.

We're going!!!party:Wish Southwest had schedules open that far out so we could just be ready to go.

It will be a :bday: to me trip as the party lands on my b-day (also Walt's).

This will be our first DAP and first time at Universal EVER - so we have a lot of research to do.

Thank you John/DIS/Dreams Unlimited for the party.

I feel like a 12 year old boy asking this - instead of the middle aged woman that I am :o . . . but do we know if the dragon will be breathing fire at the party? OMG. Just reading that question out loud makes me red-faced, but I just saw one of the nighttime pics of it over on the Universal forums and it looks AWESOME!

Don't judge me. :teeth:

What will the weather be like?
escape.gif

***Sorry John, I could not resist***

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter