Dis Viking River Cruise 10/19 - 10/26/2015

Just watching the 12/16 podcast and it reminded me to put something on the list to do for this cruise - watch a French mime. :rolleyes1

Seeing that the Euro is now at a 9-year low against the dollar today at 1.18 to the US$. Seems to me that it was somewhere in the 1.30-1.40 to the US$ when I bought euro's in September.

Almost makes me want to go get some Euro's for this trip. But then again, where would I put them so I'd remember where they were in 10 months? :rolleyes1

Seeing that the Euro is now at a 9-year low against the dollar today at 1.18 to the US$. Seems to me that it was somewhere in the 1.30-1.40 to the US$ when I bought euro's in September.

Almost makes me want to go get some Euro's for this trip. But then again, where would I put them so I'd remember where they were in 10 months? :rolleyes1

I saw that yesterday too. I wouldn't mind getting a €100.00 any more than that I would wait till I hit an ATM in Europe.

I went out to the Port area and I did not see any restaurants or shopping out there. If you go across the bridge it looks residential. It was raining so I did not spend that much time walking around and I was starting to feel real sick at the point. I ended up getting the Flu on vacation.
I took some photos and will upload them at some point. You do have a great view of the Eiffel Tower from that area though.

Thanks for the report Anna. I'll look forward to the pictures.

Too bad about catching the flu while on vacation, especially is a far away land.

I went out to the Port area and I did not see any restaurants or shopping out there. If you go across the bridge it looks residential. It was raining so I did not spend that much time walking around and I was starting to feel real sick at the point. I ended up getting the Flu on vacation.
I took some photos and will upload them at some point. You do have a great view of the Eiffel Tower from that area though.

I'm so sorry you go sick, Anna! That really, really stinks! Can't wait to see your photos! Feel free to include some DLP ones! :goodvibes What hotel did you stay at? Did you like it?

I looked at the euro through Bank of America and they still want 1.25 for them. Turkeys!

I looked at the euro through Bank of America and they still want 1.25 for them. Turkeys!

Interesting. We use BoA and SunTrust so I'll have to check out what the rate is at SunTrust.

Here are a few of the castle and inside. I'm playing around with posting pictures because it's be a while since I've posted any. I normally post them to Facebook.

[/URL

I stayed at the Sequoia Lodge. I'm sure everyone who stays on DLP property thinks it is way over priced. I paid $440 for one night and a 2 day park hopper.

My room was one of the "refurbished" rooms. It looks like they changed the bedding, carpet and added the headboard new sconce and boarder on the wall. The rest is old and not in good shape.

They gave me a handicap accessible room. It is a room with a bunk bed and single bed. The bathroom was large but dark like a cave.

I slept on the bottom bunk and it was very comfy.

The room size was good by European standards.

The other issue was that there were three elevators for the hotel and two did not work. It took a while to get an elevator that was empty enough for me and luggage to fit.

I'm pretty sure that there was a fridge in here before and they removed it and this is how they left it.

The brass is old, pitted and peeling.

The boarder is cute.

This is the entrance from the Disney Village.

There are two restaurants on this level. My room was also on this level. You need to go upstairs for check-in. Also there is a lounge with a bar and the gift shop up there.

This elevator is for handicap people only.

This is looking to the right of the above photo.

This is the other side of the rock wall.

The gift shop is on the other end of the lounge.

This is the check-in area. Sorry, I thought I took more pictures at the hotel but this was the last photo. :(

This is the farthest out I think the port area is. This is two metro stops from the Eiffel Tower.

The metro station is to the right.

Here are some of the parks. Sorry, most of these were taken with my phone and they don't look so great.

The standby wait time was 40 minutes but the single rider line was only 5 minutes.

Here are some from last year.

This is how you enter the Studios.

Thanks to Yvette and Emiel we learned about these "secret" walk ways. It was a very busy day when we were there last September and these walkways were so nice because hardly anyone uses them.

Hi Emile!!!

Then at the end of Big Thunder we got walked off.

Wow Anna! Thanks for all the photos! You're right. About all that could be said for your hotel at that price is it has a nice boarder. And thanks especially for shots of the port. Being able to visualize something is always easier for me.

Appreciate the pictures Anna. The room you were in must have bee a bit disappointing. Hoping the hotel we will stay at is in better shape.

In the pictures of the port area, I couldn't tell if that large-ish boat was what we will be sailing on. Do you know if it was a Viking boat?

Wow Anna! Thanks for all the photos! You're right. About all that could be said for your hotel at that price is it has a nice boarder. And thanks especially for shots of the port. Being able to visualize something is always easier for me.

I'm the same way Lauren that's why I did not mind going out and taking a look.
I wanted to see what the area looked like. The Metro line that servers this area takes you to the Eiffel Tower, Orsay museum and the Notre Dame/Latin Quarter area. You don't need to transfer for any of those areas.

Appreciate the pictures Anna. The room you were in must have bee a bit disappointing. Hoping the hotel we will stay at is in better shape.

In the pictures of the port area, I couldn't tell if that large-ish boat was what we will be sailing on. Do you know if it was a Viking boat?

Neither of the boats docked were Viking. :(
I was hoping a Viking ship would be there but no luck. We will be on one of the new Long Ships so I think it will be pretty darn nice. I looked at a couple of videos on YouTube of the new Long Ships and they look great.

Kim and I worked out our schedule and we are coming in a week before the cruise and spending 5 nights in Florence (yes I'm hooked) then one night two days at DLP and then two nights in Paris. We will be leaving for the airport as soon as we get off the boat.

Kim and I worked out our schedule and we are coming in a week before the cruise and spending 5 nights in Florence (yes I'm hooked) then one night two days at DLP and then two nights in Paris. We will be leaving for the airport as soon as we get off the boat.

I wish Jeri would let me have that much vacay time! We are just coming in that Saturday early and leaving straight off the boat. I "think" we're going to go out to DLP for Sat and Sun even though I imagine that will be crowded. Looking at the Santa Fe maybe as a hotel option.

I'll be so glad to see Kim again!

I wish Jeri would let me have that much vacay time! We are just coming in that Saturday early and leaving straight off the boat. I "think" we're going to go out to DLP for Sat and Sun even though I imagine that will be crowded. Looking at the Santa Fe maybe as a hotel option.

I'll be so glad to see Kim again!

She's was pretty excited when she saw the two of your were going. This should be a great trip. It's 9 months away and I'm so excited about it.

Maybe I'll see you two in line again. Lol
My friend I was with could not believe I saw someone I knew while standing in line at the MK.

The manager of where I work came in to my office today with my PTO request and wanted to know where I Was going now. I said, France, again but with friends. He shook his head and walked out of my office. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter