• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

Have you thought about gift cards issued by a credit card company? You can usually get them at the guest services at malls and sometimes grocery stores.
I know that you suggested this before, and said something about a list from GKTW of gift cards they could accept. Can you steer me to that information/list? I might just have to go with a cashier's cheque, anyhow, as I'm not going anywhere near any malls, unless ME can make a detour. :)

John, is cash not acceptable as a form for donation? I usually use 1 check a month, so, writing multiple checks does not seem like a good idea. How about credit cards? Can you guys take credit cards? Do you have a square account? Or a PayPal account (which you can get a swipper for)?

Cash is fine - just know that we will not be issuing receipts for cash donations so you won't have proof for taxes.

We will have credit card processing available in the Silent Auction / Credential room, mainly for the items we plan on selling (Teresa is bringing some stuff from the Welcome Center) to benefit give kids the world. The folks running the individual events will not have a way to take credit card payments so please either bring a check or cask to those.

Please also keep in mind that any credit card payment will have credit card processing fee imposed by the bank. That amount will have to be deducted from the money that goes to GKTW.

I was thinking that too. I signed up for 5 lessons and for Figment...so at least we can go together! :)

how close are they together, if you call an uber as your walking to contemporary it should get there about the same time as you to wisk you off to epcot fairly quick.

Have you thought about gift cards issued by a credit card company? You can usually get them at the guest services at malls and sometimes grocery stores.

Just be aware that these sometimes have fees associated with them that the user has to pay and some can have an expiration date. I'm not even sure if GKTW has specific requests when it comes to something like these you might want to check with them.

I am so very sad that my husband and I have had to cancel our trip to the DIS Mega Meet. It looked like it was all going to be fine, but our finances now won't allow us to go. I am really gutted by this. I so wanted to meet the DIS team that I haven't met yet, and meet alot of the DISboards people. I was looking forward to the auctions and the fun. :(
:hug: Aww, dangit. I'm so sorry to hear. You'll be able to join in here on the boards as much as you can, but I know it's not going to be the same as being there in-person. Hoping you'll be able to attend another event in the future!

I am so very sad that my husband and I have had to cancel our trip to the DIS Mega Meet. It looked like it was all going to be fine, but our finances now won't allow us to go. I am really gutted by this. I so wanted to meet the DIS team that I haven't met yet, and meet alot of the DISboards people. I was looking forward to the auctions and the fun. :(

I'm so sorry. :hug:

I am so sorry to hear that; maybe you can plan for next years event?

how close are they together, if you call an uber as your walking to contemporary it should get there about the same time as you to wisk you off to epcot fairly quick.
5 lessons is at Boardwalk until 12 and Kathy's meet starts at 12. That was the concern. Will have to fast walk over but may be a few minutes late.

5 lessons is at Boardwalk until 12 and Kathy's meet starts at 12. That was the concern. Will have to fast walk over but may be a few minutes late.
Reminds me of the podcast episode where John and Kevin "power walked" to Italy for the opening of I think Tutto Italia (could have been Via Napoli, but think it was Tutto), arrived there a sodden, sweaty mess, and found out Kathy took a shuttle there! LOVED that episode, laughed like crazy!! :rotfl2:

Reminds me of the podcast episode where John and Kevin "power walked" to Italy for the opening of I think Tutto Italia (could have been Via Napoli, but think it was Tutto), arrived there a sodden, sweaty mess, and found out Kathy took a shuttle there! LOVED that episode, laughed like crazy!! :rotfl2:

+4 points to Heidi for the excellent use of the word "sodden"

I know that you suggested this before, and said something about a list from GKTW of gift cards they could accept. Can you steer me to that information/list? I might just have to go with a cashier's cheque, anyhow, as I'm not going anywhere near any malls, unless ME can make a detour. :)

Just be aware that these sometimes have fees associated with them that the user has to pay and some can have an expiration date. I'm not even sure if GKTW has specific requests when it comes to something like these you might want to check with them.

In the first post of the following thread, they specifically list credit card gift cards. I was a little surprised too, since they can have a fee if not used soon enough. They do have an upfront fee as well. I figure it's in lieu of GKTW having to pay a CC fee.

http://www.disboards.com/threads/if...ds-the-world-here-is-their-wish-list.3515583/

"Gift Cards for material - Joann Fabrics, Visa, MC"

Joann Fabrics is going out of business here in Austin. I don't know about other places. I figure a CC gift card can pretty much be used anywhere for anything they need.

Concerned about the parking situation at the Boardwalk when I pick up my credentials. I just tried to book a room there in August and saw this advisory on the Disney site:

Sorry for the Inconvenience!
Due to limited parking availability at Disney's BoardWalk Inn, we highly recommend that all Disney Resort hotel Guests take advantage of our complimentary transportation options. Be advised that self-parking may not be available for Guests arriving in their own vehicles—valet parking may be the only option. Guests visiting Epcot are encouraged to utilize the Epcot Guest Parking Lot

Concerned about the parking situation at the Boardwalk when I pick up my credentials. I just tried to book a room there in August and saw this advisory on the Disney site:

Sorry for the Inconvenience!
Due to limited parking availability at Disney's BoardWalk Inn, we highly recommend that all Disney Resort hotel Guests take advantage of our complimentary transportation options. Be advised that self-parking may not be available for Guests arriving in their own vehicles—valet parking may be the only option. Guests visiting Epcot are encouraged to utilize the Epcot Guest Parking Lot

There is a fairly large parking lot for convention parking at the Boardwalk, which is where you will want to park anyway as it's closest to the convention center doors. That combined with the fact that most people will come, pick up credentials, checkout the silent auction stuff and leave leads me to believe that parking spots will be available.

hi all we won;t be getting to Disney until Monday in the morning how do we pick up our credentials for the podcast that we have signed up for thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter