DIS Unplugged 10th Anniversary - Official Information Thread

Everything says the event runs through 7/26 but nothing is listed for that last day. @WebmasterJohn do you know yet if anything will be happening on that day or will the podcast recording be the final event?

I wonder that too? Thanks Webmaster John for giving us as much info as you have right now. Just not sure if we are flying in on 7/21 or 7/22 and if we are leaving 7/26 or 7/27? :confused3

You guys ALWAYS make me do a double take when talking about "Flatty Jes" - I always think you're saying "FATTY Jes" - and - the pics I've seen of you - you are FAR from THAT, girlfriend! :)
Fatty Jes is more appropriate these days.
I'm about 10-15kg heavier than any photo I've put up on here Heidi (that's 22-33 pounds heavier)
Need to lose it before I have to be in a bathing suit in August

Unfortunately we are unable to go due to my work needing sufficient vacation notice. We wanted to know a little more details before booking since we do not live nearby (ohio.) But it seems to be becoming a common practice for Floridians (usually Disney) to forget not everybody lives nearby and can't wait till the last minute. Which makes me laugh at Disney cause they want you to book bouncebacks, adr's 180 days, fast passes months in advance but are guilty themselves of making major announcements at last minute.

Unfortunately we are unable to go due to my work needing sufficient vacation notice. We wanted to know a little more details before booking since we do not live nearby (ohio.) But it seems to be becoming a common practice for Floridians (usually Disney) to forget not everybody lives nearby and can't wait till the last minute. Which makes me laugh at Disney cause they want you to book bouncebacks, adr's 180 days, fast passes months in advance but are guilty themselves of making major announcements at last minute.
To be fair, Pete announced the dates quite a while ago and said the main meet was on the 10th anniversary with smaller events happening the rest of the days.

So here's the deal; In exchange for additional information I will bring @DisneyKevin and Pete fresh Tastykake Tandy cakes and Krimpets in July. I don't know if they are sold in Florida, but I am sure Jersey boys will know what I am talking about.

So here's the deal; In exchange for additional information I will bring @DisneyKevin and Pete fresh Tastykake Tandy cakes and Krimpets in July. I don't know if they are sold in Florida, but I am sure Jersey boys will know what I am talking about.
As far as I know, TastyKake products are not sold outside of the Northeast, specifically Philly, area. Had a friend who lived outside of Philly who used to ship cases of TastyKake stuff down before his trips to WDW to share with others, and have another friend now who regularly ships stuff from Philly to her friend in CA. And being a Joisey goil, I know of which you speak! :)

As far as I know, TastyKake products are not sold outside of the Northeast, specifically Philly, area. Had a friend who lived outside of Philly who used to ship cases of TastyKake stuff down before his trips to WDW to share with others, and have another friend now who regularly ships stuff from Philly to her friend in CA. And being a Joisey goil, I know of which you speak! :)

How is that possible? What kind of third world country do we live in where not everyone has access to Tastykake products???

How is that possible? What kind of third world country do we live in where not everyone has access to Tastykake products???

It's true. I have never seen a Tastykake in person, only on episodes of Seinfeld. Luckily for us Texans, Dr Pepper has a wide reach, just not at Disney:( I think Moon Pies have a fairly wide reach now too.

It's true. I have never seen a Tastykake in person, only on episodes of Seinfeld. Luckily for us Texans, Dr Pepper has a wide reach, just not at Disney:( I think Moon Pies have a fairly wide reach now too.

You poor, poor Texans don't know what you're missing.
At least you can have some Dr. Pepper and Moon Pies to tide you over until you can finally experience the gloriousness that is Tastykake.

Ahh..... What's a tastykake?
TastyKake is a brand of snack/baked goods, Jes. I guess you saw the conversation they are made and headquartered in Philadelphia, which is in the northeast US. Their availability map on their site shows them being fairly widely available around the rest of the US, but anybody I've ever talked to outside of the NorthEast had never seen them outside of there.

SonIAm -I love Dr. Pepper, have since I was a kid - even the diet ones taste great - especially diet cherry!! :) MoonPies I can take or leave, too sweet for me. (Although I was more likely to see Scooter Pies as a kid, when I ate more of that type of stuff). Jes - In case you don't know - Dr. Pepper is a very distinctive tasting soft drink that looks like Coke. Moon/ScooterPies kind of hard to explain, but are basically some type of "biscuit/cakey subsstance" (calling it a biscuit, because I know that's what you call cookies) filled with marshmallow and covered with chocolate. They're usually pretty big, around the size of your hand. At least that's how I'm thinking to describe them to you - anybody else can jump in/correct me if if you're so inclined. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter