Dis / Dreams Viking Sea Cruise around Italy 3/24 - 3/31/2018

We couldn't let you all have fun without us!! Took us a while to decide as it meant replacing a previous really cool cruise we had planned for 2018...but this opportunity is quite unique! And as the list of familiar names grew...the decision became easier.

Viking is offering an air promo of $895 per person for basic economy from major US cities.

This offer is only good for your Viking reservation (inc Viking additional nights).

If you plan anything in your own.... this won't work.

I suppose this is for those traveling from within the US only and there's no Canadian equivalent? (One can hope but us Canucks rarely seem to get that lucky :P )

Unfortunately, this is for US residents only.

I figured as much... Seemed too good to be true :p Thanks for the info and being as quick as ever to respond. We'll keep looking to see if we can swing it with the cost of flights.

If any other Canadians are going/considering the trip and have suggestions regarding cheap flights or deals, feel free to let me know.

I figured as much... Seemed too good to be true :p Thanks for the info and being as quick as ever to respond. We'll keep looking to see if we can swing it with the cost of flights.

If any other Canadians are going/considering the trip and have suggestions regarding cheap flights or deals, feel free to let me know.

Rome in March should be around 800 CAD from Toronto. With the Rome/Venice split, it can get as high as 1000. So both prices would be better than 895 USD.

I am going to Rome this March and paid 740 CAD on Air France. There was cheaper when I booked, but the extra 100 dollars to fly AF over Air Transat/Air Canada is well worth it given the service difference.

i only just noticed this thread today and was all excited....for about 30 seconds, when i checked my calendar and noticed that passover is the evening of Friday March 30....so i'll have to pass....so near but not...

i know this will be a really wonderful cruise!! both the cruise itself and even more, all the wonderful people!!

coming back to edit this..
i just looked at the itinerary and i see that you overnight in venice at the end..
i wonder what time the ship arrives in venice on friday and whether you can disembark on friday rather than saturday.....if the ship gets into port early enough, i could possibly make it home in time...i think it's about a 4 hour flight home from venice...let's see....maybe...but probably not....i'd still have to drive north once i got home...oh well...it was worth a thought.. :)

Last edited:
I have a question for Kevin. In doing some research I see that Viking suggests "elegant casual" dress after 6:00 and in all dining venues. Basically no jeans. Kevin, would you happen to know if Viking has a trouser lending program similar to that of Disney Cruise Line? Shoes would be nice too. :teeth:

I have a question for Kevin. In doing some research I see that Viking suggests "elegant casual" dress after 6:00 and in all dining venues. Basically no jeans. Kevin, would you happen to know if Viking has a trouser lending program similar to that of Disney Cruise Line? Shoes would be nice too. :teeth:

Yes....but they're Scandinavian pants and shoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter