DIS/Dreams Unlimited China Adventure Oct 14th - 25th 2017 SOLD OUT!!!

Even if there's no formal pretrip, we can certainly all share our plans here and meet up in Tokyo. It sounds like many of us are planning to try to at least squeeze in a few days.

Laurie

are you thinking of some sort of meetup, or something else?

Something organized I guess...don't know exactly. I'm traveling with my father who is not going for the Disney aspects and I'm having to convince him on the Tokyo pretrip as it as. Suppose having other Disney minded folks around would enhance the experience but I can tackle it on my own too. I'll do my planning but will be interested to hear what others are planning as well. At this point, not a lot to do until early spring anyway.

We are planning on the Tokyo pre-trip as well. When we first heard of the possibility of this trip, Michael was already saying we had to do the "trifecta" Our pre-trip will be short, but it will exist!

On another note, I wish ABD could come up with some kind of special pin or certificate for those of us who, after this trip, will have visited every Disney park. I just think that would be cool! lol

After Podcast Cruise 6, we are going to look into creating a group for Tokyo.

This would be similar to what we did with DLP after our Viking Cruise.

Please make note that I said AFTER Podcast Cruise 6.

The person who emails me about this before Podcast Cruise 6 will be publicly mocked. :mic::mic::mic::mic::mic::mic: :):):):)

I do have a folder of articles. I'm thinking of a couple of days in Kyoto. I hope I spelled that right.

Chandra

Kevin
I am sure that I speak for everyone when I say that we will leave you alone to "plot and plan" because something that you and John organize has got to be better than the haphazard planning the rest of us would do.

By the way Laurie, I'll send you the red yarn

Chris

I'm the odd person out...travelling from Vancouver, Canada.

Hi, you're not the only one in the minority - we're from England :wave:

As it's only a couple of weeks before we can book flights, we've been having a look to see what is available.
Currently our plan is:

Fri - 6th Oct - Fly from London to Tokyo arriving Sat 7th.
Sat 7th - Fri 13th - including Tour of Tokyo, Mount Fuji & Bullet train and most importantly 3.5 days in Disney Parks.
Fri 13th - Fly to Hong Kong
Sat 14th - Visit Ocean Park (hope to see the Pandas) and attend ABD Dinner.
Sat 14th - Tues 24th - Enjoy ABD
Weds 25th - Extra day in Shanghai to visit Xian for the Terracotta army.
Thus 26th Fly home :sad:

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ian & Diane

We will likely arrive into HK a few days early and stay in Shanghai a couple of extra days. May try to hit Tokyo a little earlier in the year with the kids.

Hi, you're not the only one in the minority - we're from England :wave:

As it's only a couple of weeks before we can book flights, we've been having a look to see what is available.
Currently our plan is:

Fri - 6th Oct - Fly from London to Tokyo arriving Sat 7th.
Sat 7th - Fri 13th - including Tour of Tokyo, Mount Fuji & Bullet train and most importantly 3.5 days in Disney Parks.
Fri 13th - Fly to Hong Kong
Sat 14th - Visit Ocean Park (hope to see the Pandas) and attend ABD Dinner.
Sat 14th - Tues 24th - Enjoy ABD
Weds 25th - Extra day in Shanghai to visit Xian for the Terracotta army.
Thus 26th Fly home :sad:

Really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Ian & Diane
Hello from another member of the Commonwealth!

Good idea about trying to visit Ocean Park to see the pandas. Do you know how close it is to our hotel in HK? Just curious to see if I can fit this in as well.

Wed 25th - Extra day in Shanghai to visit Xian for the Terracotta army.
I was tossing this idea around too because it is one of the two sights my dad really wanted to see (the Terracotta Warriors and the Great Wall)

Good idea about trying to visit Ocean Park to see the pandas. Do you know how close it is to our hotel in HK? Just curious to see if I can fit this in as well.

Looks like Ocean Park is located in the south side of Hong Kong Island while Disneyland is located on Lantau Island. I found a post on another site that said it's about 40 minutes and roughly $35 cab fare or you can get there by public transportation, but it will require multiple bus and train transfers.

Laurie

Hi
Laurie is correct - it is on the south side of Hong Kong. We contacted Ocean Park about the logistics particularly about return taxis and received the following response:

After your visit, you may take taxi at the taxi stand at our park entrance back to Hong Kong Disneyland. Please note that taxis in Hong Kong are run by meter while the taxi fare from Ocean Park to Hong Kong Disneyland is approximately HK$300, subject to the onsite traffic condition. Meanwhile, the maximum capacity per taxi is 4 or 5 passengers (depending on the taxi model)aprox 30-45 minutes.

However, according to our past experience, the number of taxis waiting there vary throughout the day. As it may not be easy to catch a taxi at the Park Entrance during peak hours, you may also consider taking CityBus Route 629, which runs to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR) Admiralty Station or Central Exchange Square (near MTR Hong Kong Station) direct. You may then interchange with MTR to get back to Hong Kong Disneyland. For your handy reference, the bus ride is approximately 25 minutes. Below please find the bus details for your reference:

Bus Route 629 (Ocean Park – Admiralty)

From Admiralty

9am – 4pm, bus departs every 10-15 minutes

From Ocean Park

11am – 30 minutes after the Park’s closing time,

bus departs every 10-15 minutes

Fare

- Adult: HK$10.6 per trip, Child aged 4 to 11 and senior citizens aged 65 or above: HK$5.3 per trip

Payment method

- Octopus Card, Cash or purchase bus ticket at the Citybus Bus Terminal in Admiralty

Bus Route 629 (Ocean Park – Central Star Ferry)

From Central Star Ferry

9:45am, 10:05am, 10:25am, 10:45am, 11:45am, 12:45pm, 1:45pm, 2:45pm, 3:45pm

From Ocean Park

Terminates at Central Star Ferry (Man Kwong Street outside Central Pier 6):

12noon, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm

Terminates at Exchange Square:

4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm

Fare

- Adult: HK$10.6 per trip, Child aged 4 to 11 and senior citizens aged 65 or above: HK$5.3 per trip

Payment method

- Octopus Card or Cash

Ian & Diane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter