DIS 20th Anniversary Event - Official Info

It will be interesting to see what agressive bids they get for GKTW, I think they were so late coming out with events that people already made other plans.

We thought of a question earlier today, about the movie screening. Does anyone know if there will be reserved seating or not?

Has registration closed? I don't know if I can come over for the event yet until the end of the week due to my work schedule. I really would like to go to the Epcot party as I will have have an AP time around.

I Have a question regarding Credentials, I will be arriving Tuesday the 30th where as my friend who's coming down will not be there until Wednesday the 31st after 11:30 pm. Since his credentials and mine as well as the party passes were all ordered together, when I pick up my credentials will I be able to pick his up as well, Saving us precious time in the morning. TIY
Does anyone know?

The signs ups are STILL not posted?!!?! I am sorry, that is .... I don't know, something....

If the team is too busy, then they should just come to events posters arranged like the Pandora meetup the 31st. Problem solved.

ETA: sorry to be critical, it's just posters have already had to plan so it seems sensible for the team to come to those events instead at this point since time has run out.

Last edited:
The signs ups are STILL not posted?!!?! I am sorry, that is .... I don't know, something....

If the team is too busy, and then they should just come to events posters arranged like the Pandora meetup the 31st. Problem solved.

Maybe they will. Try not to forget that just because we're on vacation -doesn't mean they are. They still have a normal days work and hopefully personal lives....

I wouldn't ask them to give up their personal lives. It just seems practical as people will begin traveling as soon as next week. The meet ups if they ever come out will fill up in minutes, maybe hours anyways.
Doing the open events already suggested and planned by the posters allows everyone to have a plan AND takes work off the team.
The point is to celebrate with each other right? Well, simplify so everyone can get busy partying.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see what agressive bids they get for GKTW, I think they were so late coming out with events that people already made other plans.

If the team is too busy, then they should just come to events posters arranged like the Pandora meetup the 31st. Problem solved.

ETA: sorry to be critical, it's just posters have already had to plan so it seems sensible for the team to come to those events instead at this point since time has run out.

I agree. Disney wants you to plan 30-60 days out (at least). We're now like 12 days out, and we don't have sign-ups for people to know if they have to rearrange things (FPs, ADRs) to attend something. I completely understand and agree with your frustration. I'll see you at AK on the 31st at least. :) I'll be the one going nuts celebrating that my dissertation has been submitted :rotfl2:

I mean, ultimately, the major event is the Epcot party, not the meet ups throughout the week... this is kinda replacing the Disapalooza that would have happened in December. They decided to throw in some of their free time to meet up with people and to raise money for a cause, but this isn't a second Mega Meet. Everything else, I'm kinda seeing as a cherry on top.

We know the schedule of events, so the fact that the sign up itself isn't up yet isn't throwing a wrench in ready made plans. If people have FastPasses and plans already, they either know that they'll be willing to replace those if they manage to get a spot through the sign ups, or they won't. And if they don't get in, then it's just back to the original plans, meeting up with fellow Disers at unofficial events and the team at the 20th party.

Yes, I am really looking forward to trying to sign up for something, and I'm kinda paranoid about being away from a wifi connection for too long at a time lately. I do hope we can sign up this week, but if it has to wait til John returns from vacation (since so far he seems to have been handling all of this, and although it was kind to him to take time out of his time away from work to give us an update about the party night itself, I know I wouldn't want to be working while in Hawaii), then it'll just have to wait.

Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome time. I'm still not over the value of what we're getting.

Yeah, a dissertation defense is the end of a PhD. So I present my research to the "public" (meaning anyone can come) for 1 hour and take questions. My committee (5 professors that live to torture me) then take me upstairs to the conference room and ask questions and harass me for a few hours. Then they will kick me out of the room, discuss, then bring me back in, state what edits they want made, and award me my doctorate.

:earsboy:
I mean, ultimately, the major event is the Epcot party, not the meet ups throughout the week... this is kinda replacing the Disapalooza that would have happened in December. They decided to throw in some of their free time to meet up with people and to raise money for a cause, but this isn't a second Mega Meet. Everything else, I'm kinda seeing as a cherry on top.

We know the schedule of events, so the fact that the sign up itself isn't up yet isn't throwing a wrench in ready made plans. If people have FastPasses and plans already, they either know that they'll be willing to replace those if they manage to get a spot through the sign ups, or they won't. And if they don't get in, then it's just back to the original plans, meeting up with fellow Disers at unofficial events and the team at the 20th party.

Yes, I am really looking forward to trying to sign up for something, and I'm kinda paranoid about being away from a wifi connection for too long at a time lately. I do hope we can sign up this week, but if it has to wait til John returns from vacation (since so far he seems to have been handling all of this, and although it was kind to him to take time out of his time away from work to give us an update about the party night itself, I know I wouldn't want to be working while in Hawaii), then it'll just have to wait.

Either way, I'm sure it's gonna be an awesome time. I'm still not over the value of what we're getting.
I agree

Yeah, a dissertation defense is the end of a PhD. So I present my research to the "public" (meaning anyone can come) for 1 hour and take questions. My committee (5 professors that live to torture me) then take me upstairs to the conference room and ask questions and harass me for a few hours. Then they will kick me out of the room, discuss, then bring me back in, state what edits they want made, and award me my doctorate.

Oof. I thought defending my Master's thesis was bad enough. If I run into you at any of the events I'll have to congratulate you in person (preemptively for the defence and generally for everything else involved in PhD completion.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter