• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

"Direct Reservation" offer too good to be true?

lejaf

Mouseketeer
I got a call from a company called Direct Reservation which supposedly is a wholesale booking company in Florida. For $188 they are offering me 3 nights in Orlando and 2 nights in Ft. Lauderdale and 3 nights in Vegas all can be used with in 30 months. Included are either 2 one day passes to Disney Parks or 2 two day passes to Universal/IOA THey said I could stay at Holiday Inn Family Suites as well as some other places I asked him over and over, can you guarantee me that we'll stay at the Holiday Inn Family SUiets and he said yes and then said additional nights could be reserved at $69 per night.. For this we have to tour a Host property which they said was Celebration for 45-90 minutes and we'd have to pay a $58 "booking" fee. We also have to pay with a check...I guess they take our bank account number over the phone and check number and it's an automatic withdrawal.....okay...My instincts say, if an offer sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true. Has anyone done this or heard of this company? anyone with similar experiences?

I've received at least 3 messages from Direct Reservations over the past month. We only stay on site so I haven't bothered to call them back!

Unless I make the call, I never give out any financial information to anyone at anytime. Why would you give information like this to a stranger?

Had the same call 3 x's! I had posted about it several months ago and basically told its a scam...sorry.

It's got to be a scam. Why else wouldn't they accept credit cards. With a credit card you have some measure of protection. If you give them access to your bank account, you could get wiped out. I wouldn't even think about trying it unless they accepted credit cards for payment.

Okay okay, I was just thinking maybe this was like other timeshare deals that people may have received in the past.

By the way, they say the reason they do the withdrawal from the bank account, is because it costs them less than what a credit card company charges. They said that they record my voice authorization for the "electronic" check to be issued so that there is less chance of fraud than if someone gets my credit card number and uses it without my authorization. I've actually done the check thing when I was late with a credit card bill once. I called Chase and they took my bank account number and a check number and somehow they got an electronic check from my bank.

Also I checked the Florida Better Business Bureau and there was no negative report on this company.

Have no fear, I won't be giving them my account number, I just wanted to know if anyone else had heard of this before.

Thanks!

I've been getting the calls weekly since before Christmas!! They sure have "specially chosen" me alot!!;) But mine was for 3 nights in Orlando to celebrate Disney's 100th anniversary and 4 nights in Ft. Lauderdale. ~:D~

THIS IS A SCAM!!! Mom fell for it and we stopped the auto transfer before they took the money!!! They say they are on WDW prop. they are not the hotels are low end and you have to do a time share pres to get tickets. The conferm E-mail she got was for $257. and the amount they cuoted was $200. they have 2 names that they tried to get into her checking acc. with! When she called and told them she had stpooed payment with the bank they cussed her out thretened her they would call police and have her arrested and then a manager said they would just report her to the credit agencys. We called the Att. General for ILL and they are going to investigate. We also called the Att. General for fl and they had over 140 complantes on these 2 companys and the person on the phone told my Mom that she was lucky to stop them before they got her money. Alot of people do not relize they are being scammed untill they get down here and then it is to late! The Att general for Fl office told us to call Consumer services the number to call is 1-800-helpfla and check on them or anyplace that we are unsure of. The place to file a report is www.800helpfla.com It is the consumer services for Florida! I hope I posted in time to stop you from loosing alot of money!:D

Wow, I'm glad I didn't do anything foolish. It really just sounded too good and the whole thing with the bank account sounded too weird, but I've never done a time share thing so I wasn't sure if that was the norm or not. Just another reason I love these boards...full of information from people who have been there!

Thanks everyone!

These people leave a message on our voice mail at least once a week and this has been going on for months!!! Ugh! I don't want to be "one of the chosen."

Gi

I've actually done the check thing when I was late with a credit card bill once. I called Chase and they took my bank account number and a check number and somehow they got an electronic check from my bank

BIG difference here. You called Chase and initiated the transaction. I do that all the time, however, if anyone calls me (and gets through the caller id and privacy manager) they will never get more out of me than "don't call again, and take my number off your list".

I got the call today at my work place. I have gotten it on several other occasions. My daughter told me that she had received a call at her house, as well. I told her that Direct Reservations is NOT Disney. Beware!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter