• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Direct # for Wilderness Lodge

Alabama Minnie

DIS Veteran
I called to ask the anticipated date that the Xmas decorations will go up at Wilderness Lodge and I don't think I was speaking with someone who really knew. I don't think she worked AT the Lodge. She didn't even know that the Osbourn lights are up every year way BEFORE Thanksgiving.
Does anyone know a number to the Lodge itself? We are trying to decide on our dates and the decorations are a important factor. Thanks!

I called to ask the anticipated date that the Xmas decorations will go up at Wilderness Lodge and I don't think I was speaking with someone who really knew. I don't think she worked AT the Lodge. She didn't even know that the Osbourn lights are up every year way BEFORE Thanksgiving.
Does anyone know a number to the Lodge itself? We are trying to decide on our dates and the decorations are a important factor. Thanks!

You'll get the call center.

Decorations should go up shortly before Thanksgiving. And they will magically appear overnight.

Unfortunately, there's no way to direct dial a Disney resort. All calls are routed to a call center; they'll answer "Disney's Wilderness Lodge Resort", but as you guessed, they're not located at the resort.

1) The direct numbers to WL are only for CM use (all departments).
2) When guests phone, they get the Call Center.
3) If it seems urgent, the Call Center will ask the resort of they accept the call.
. . . if yes, the call is transferred to the resort
. . . if no, the Call Center CM tries their best to answer the question.
4) When are you going?
5) I might be able to help, based upon past practice.

EDIT: Please give me a specific date to check, not a range of dates.

As others have noted, you were talking to a call center.

But here's the thing, the odds of you getting someone at the front desk who actually knows the answer to that question (really knows the answer) are close to zero. Between staff changes and mobility between departments, hirings, firings, quittings and the rest of it.. the odds of that person at the front desk knowing the EXACT date ... (not just saying they know?) ... so infinitesimally small as to be virtual zero.

It's a simple as Bill/Deb noted above, the decorations are pretty much a lock after the Thanksgiving weekend. Some places a little earlier, other places right at that time. :)

From past experience working in resorts, even the people directly at the resort generally don't know until about a week or 2 beforehand when, specifically, the holiday decorations are scheduled to go up.

All of the decorations are handled by WDW's holiday services dept, not by the individual resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter