Direct contact review

vnovabri

Mouseketeer
We are looking to buy direct today before the incentives change. I was wondering if there are particular things to keep an eye out for in the direct contact. I saw people mentioned that you can save some money but skipping the title insurance since buying direct from Disney should have gotten title. Are there any other factors to consider and/or keep an eye out for?

The way the incentives are subtracted in the edocs is confusing, initially I thought it was incorrect - it was correct, but I had to call to have it explained to me.
Although you can have 6 mo.s interest free to pay it off w/ the Disney Chase Visa, I ran my payments through my Chase Visa in 3 separate lots a week apart, paying each as it hit the card in order to keep well below my credit limit.

The way the incentives are subtracted in the edocs is confusing, initially I thought it was incorrect - it was correct, but I had to call to have it explained to me.
Although you can have 6 mo.s interest free to pay it off w/ the Disney Chase Visa, I ran my payments through my Chase Visa in 3 separate lots a week apart, paying each as it hit the card in order to keep well below my credit limit.
I got my contract this morning and I see exactly what you mean about the confusing pricing on the contract. Thanks for the heads up!

If you do use the Disney Visa 6-mos., be certain to call to specify that you want to pay $X on the contract and pay off all additional charges.

They won't apply your payment the way you want otherwise, and you can be charged interest on the entire amount after that--interest-free gone bye-bye.

I got my contract this morning and I see exactly what you mean about the confusing pricing on the contract. Thanks for the heads up!
OK so does yours not show the incentives? I just called but had to leave a message and havent heard back yet. Ours just shows the full amount, no incentives on the contract.

If you do use the Disney Visa 6-mos., be certain to call to specify that you want to pay $X on the contract and pay off all additional charges.

They won't apply your payment the way you want otherwise, and you can be charged interest on the entire amount after that--interest-free gone bye-bye.

Thanks. It was not like that when I bought RIV in 2019 but I don’t use this anymore on a regular basis.

However, I will be sure to monitor!

So if I'm understanding this correctly, it looks like the incentive comes off the remaining balance so, just put in there in a confusing way.
That’s what happened to me. But when I figured it all out it was correct!

OK so does yours not show the incentives? I just called but had to leave a message and havent heard back yet. Ours just shows the full amount, no incentives on the contract.
They aren’t called ‘incentives’ in the contract - they are called ‘developers credit’ I think, they add the ‘credit’ in at one place & then subtract it out elsewhere.
Here’s where there was some discussion in the big pricing thread when the first wave of folks were first getting their contracts to sign. https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-vgf-2-pricing-thread.3838921/page-169

If I select “interest saving balance” for the automatic payments will this save me?

That is not how it worked for us. The statement specifically shows the interest bearing balance and when I said I wanted to pay the whole thing it even warned me I was paying more than interest bearing balance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter