Dinner-Reservation for bigger party

Rowlf the Dog

Mouseketeer
Hey @ all,

finally I was able to get a dinner-reservation for one of my favorite locations, but I have to book a table for 2 although I'm alone (no availability for 1). I probably want to use it, but can I change it before to a party for 1 or have I to pay the $10-penalty for the second person after check-in?

As long as you show up for the reservation, you will not be charged the no show fee for the "missing" person. The fee is charged only if NO ONE shows up for a reservation.

They won't charge you so go ahead and use it. For some reason the system will show no availability for 1 but will often show availability for 2 even though they are the same table.

I would call and have them change it to 1 though, otherwise you are holding a spot someone else could of tried to get :)

I would call and have them change it to 1 though, otherwise you are holding a spot someone else could of tried to get :)

They may not be able to adjust it and if they aren't they aren't really taking a spot from someone else as it isn't like a FP. Another single wouldn't be set across the table from the OP so not releasing it back out only becomes an issue if the restaurant really is booking to 100% fire code capacity which I don't believe they do.

Disney has a weird system. party of 1? table for 2? nope, not a match

don't feel bad and enjoy!

(I would draw the line at booking a table of 6 for 1 person, otherwise i am pretty flexible with Disney's craziness

I guess BOG is the only place that will let you book 1?

No, I had never had an issue with booking only for 1 at any of the restaurants, only this time. But it seems really weird, that they show me this spot only for 2 and not for 1, because I hardly can't remember any table at the restaurants for only 1.
So I also don't think I'm taking the place for someone else with the not needed +1.
But if I find another time for only me, I would release it of course. But hard enough to find a dining-reservation for BOG, but it's almost perfect (ok time not so much) to get it on my last full day there.:sunny::love:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter