Dining with the AP 10% discount

tbssenterprises

DIS Veteran
OK, so I will have grown married children dining with us. For a total of 8. I have an AP so I will be entitled to a 10% discount at a restaurant. Can I present my AP to the server for the discount and then ask that the bill get divided four ways? Or, will I be picking up the tab myself each time? Just wondering as I have 5 expensive restaurants booked......and these kids are all professionals/executives and my husband and I are retired:charac2::charac2:

You are entitled to the discount and the total bill is. If you want your kids/others to pay their own with their own check, if they don't have the AP, they won't get the discount.

But, can't I ask the server to apply the 10% then have her/him split the bill into four separate bills?

I do not think they will do it, but you can always ask. Every time I have used a discount, either AP, TIW or DVC, I am required to pay as the person who's name is on the card that has the discount associated with it.

I do not think they will do it, but you can always ask. Every time I have used a discount, either AP, TIW or DVC, I am required to pay as the person who's name is on the card that has the discount associated with it.

This has been my experience as well with AP and TiW discounts. They've always asked me for ID (and matched to credit card if paying that way), which make me think they are unlikely to give it to those on separate checks.

Can you all pay in cash? I know I hate to carry cash, but if the savings is big enough that may be the easiest option, or the gf like mentioned above. Or....have your kids pay for you and your husband and forego the discount! :flower:

All the discounted meals need to be on the same bill. You can use the AP discount for yourself and 3 of your guests. If you want to apply the discount for 4 of you, you can have 4 meals on one check and then split up the others as desired.

This is if you are the only person in the party who has an AP. If there is one additional AP in your party, you can have discounts cover all of your party on two checks.

I have an AP and TiW ....... one bill, one payment. We exchange cash later and like PP said you can shift money on your phones with Apple Pay, Paypal, Venmo, Square Cash ... I do all the time with my kids when they pay bills.

I looked on the website and did see this ....... which I was surprised by number of guests ....
"Unless otherwise stated, discount excludes alcoholic beverages, applicable tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests. Dining hours vary by location; inquire at time of booking. Locations and operating hours subject to change without notice...... A valid annual pass card and government-issued photo ID must be presented at time of purchase to receive discount."

And again in the Passholder Booklet ..
"Reservations for Table-Service dining may be made by visiting MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE.COM or by calling 407-WDW-PASS (939-7277). Unless otherwise stated, discount excludes alcoholic beverages, applicable tax and gratuity, and is valid for the Passholder and up to three (3) Guests. Dining hours vary by location; inquire at time of booking. Locations and operating hours subject to change without notice."

Have you considered the TiW since there are 8 adults (includes alcohol if you order), since you will have auto-gratuity anyway and it covers up to 10 people? You said you were going to expensive restaurants so depending on how many and how you usually eat on your other AP trips, it could be worthwhile.

I have an AP and was just wondering if I can use the discount at any dining? Ts or Qs. (I don't mean to high jack the thread I was just curious)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter