• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Reservations...What are the new rules?

got15

DIS Veteran
Help settle a disagreement.. we have an upcoming Resort Stay my husband said we have to book dining 60 days out- so every day we are booking per day.. until our resort stay ends- I am of the opinion that we can book for our entire trip on the 60 day mark of our check-in day. Please help me I can't find this information.

I have always been able to book for the entire stay on the 60 day mark of the check-in day.

It let me book my entire trip on my 60 day check-in date.

I don't think they ever stated they were removing that perk so my assumption was that it remained the same, just at a 60 day window.

The perk they did remove was for split stays. Used to be if we had a split stay we could book ADRs at 180 +10 for entire stay but now a split stay is being considered 2 (or more if you have more splits) separate resies with their own 60 +10 windows. Just recently read about this change.

The perk they did remove was for split stays. Used to be if we had a split stay we could book ADRs at 180 +10 for entire stay but now a split stay is being considered 2 (or more if you have more splits) separate resies with their own 60 +10 windows. Just recently read about this change.
I'm not sure when it changed, but it was like that pre-covid as well. At least it was like that for the past 2 years-ish, but I'm fairly sure it's even been longer than that.

I'm not sure when it changed, but it was like that pre-covid as well. At least it was like that for the past 2 years-ish, but I'm fairly sure it's even been longer than that.
Hmmm. I am DVC and do splits stays a lot and we have always been able to make dining for whole trip at 180 +10. Sometimes have to call in and sometimes it works online. I read about this change on a DVC forum and so maybe it's a new change for DVC.

This is from WDWMagic.com:

Previously 180 days, reduced to 60 days due to COVID-19 reopening restrictions. Advance Dining Reservations (ADRs) can be made for Walt Disney World restaurants beginning at 7am ET at 407-WDW-DINE, or at 6am ET online. If you are staying at a Walt Disney World Resort hotel, you can make reservations for an additional 10 days beyond your arrival date (180 + 10).

Unfortunately, split stays are recognized as new stays, each time your confirmation changes to a different number, at least since 2018.

Last edited:

Hmmm. I am DVC and do splits stays a lot and we have always been able to make dining for whole trip at 180 +10. Sometimes have to call in and sometimes it works online. I read about this change on a DVC forum and so maybe it's a new change for DVC.
Could be DVC related.

Quick question...my daughter has a trip planned for the last week of October, her 60 day dining reservation just opened... she can't find anywhere on the website that allows for her to book her entire 6 day trip...she has a hotel reservation at Pop Century for the length of her stay...so not sure how to find out where she can book the dining beyond a day at a time. Thanks for any help!!

Quick question...my daughter has a trip planned for the last week of October, her 60 day dining reservation just opened... she can't find anywhere on the website that allows for her to book her entire 6 day trip...she has a hotel reservation at Pop Century for the length of her stay...so not sure how to find out where she can book the dining beyond a day at a time. Thanks for any help!!
UIs it possible her sixty days starts tomorrow? If it is indeed today, is her resort reservation linked to her MDE account? If all that is good, maybe try a computer instead of the app on her phone? Sometimes it is a little glitchy.

UIs it possible her sixty days starts tomorrow? If it is indeed today, is her resort reservation linked to her MDE account? If all that is good, maybe try a computer instead of the app on her phone? Sometimes it is a little glitchy.

this about the date. Oct 30 begins Monday. So it’s possible it hasn’t opened yet unless arrival is the 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter