Dining Reservations 5/18

Thank you for the links. I've been looking on there and have yet to see an open time since I got in about 30 minutes ago. I am clicking on random days for different times (lunch, dinner, 11am, 5pm, etc) and it will say "Sorry! There are no times available...".

Edited: Even for random Wednesdays in June there is nothing available. So strange!

Blue Bayou must have gone fast. I was able to snag one for dinner on 6/29 but now no availability.

I finally entered the Blue Bayou page for reservations around 7:15am after being in the queue since 5:55am. I found a dinner reservation on 6/24, thankfully. I checked around to see other availability and there were no options for lunch or dinner for 6/23, 6/24, 6/25 or 6/26. Maybe if/when capacity increases, they'll add a few more slots during those days. Good luck to everyone!

I should have come here earlier. Was in the queue and didn't see Blue Bayou at all, so I figured it hadn't been loaded yet. By the time I realized I needed to search the restaurant directly, it was gone for both days we're going.

I'm pretty bummed because my daughter and I were already going on the 27th and then they announced that was BB reopening day and it seemed perfect! I'm not thinking a ton of people will cancel for opening day, but I'll stalk reservations anyway... and maybe they'll have some walk-up QR code option... just would have loved to get one and be done.

I saw that Blue Bayou booked up for all our days as well (although I did snag 6/23 thankfully). So I guess it did book up fast.

For those who couldn't get reservations, keep checking! I imagine when OC goes to yellow tier dining capacity may increase.

If there are any spots available for the days you are in the park there will be a walkup reservation open in the Disneyland app. So I would check through out the day while you are there.
Yeah, I will do that. I realize there are a handful of ways we could still end up eating there on the 27th. But, particularly with it being opening day, I'm not banking on any of them. And it's not as nice as having a reservation booked and knowing we get to go!

I had wanted Blue Bayou for my birthday on June 24th but by the time I logged in, everything was gone. Thankfully Napa Rose had availability on June 23rd. I didn't think mid-week would be that busy - I was clearly very wrong. :(

OK - got through to Blue Bayou specific page. It looks like it only booking out to 6/29 right now. I thought they would book out the full 60 days?

Looks like lots of availability in June still.

This is what I am seeing, too. I was hoping to book for my trip in mid-July, but there's nothing beyond 6/29 on the calendar yet. I'll be watching and trying to catch them if they get added in the next few days!

Wow, that all went fast! I managed to get Napa Rose, Carthay and Storyteller's, so that's nice. No luck on Blue Bayou - I'm starting to think that last week in June is going to be crazy.

Well, now it's a watch and wait game for when they add dates for July. Maybe they are waiting to make sure that the Tier System is truly going away after June 15th before they add too many dates to the dining calendar.

I logged in as soon as I got up to try and get reservations for Blue Bayou for our trip (6/7-9), and kept getting booted out on the app and the website. Finally got into the queue, waited 45 minutes, and there was nothing available, even if I shrank our group size. I think DS13 is the most bummed of any of us about not getting BB. Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. At least we have our park reservations, tickets, and hotel all booked and confirmed.

I logged in as soon as I got up to try and get reservations for Blue Bayou for our trip (6/7-9), and kept getting booted out on the app and the website. Finally got into the queue, waited 45 minutes, and there was nothing available, even if I shrank our group size. I think DS13 is the most bummed of any of us about not getting BB. Oh well. Disappointing, but not the end of the world. At least we have our park reservations, tickets, and hotel all booked and confirmed.
Sorry you weren't able to get anything - I wasn't sure if reservations would be open at 8am eastern or pacific time and how early I should start trying. My thought as I waited in the queue is if I couldn't get a reservation, I'd check with the host in person in the morning at BB (or even hotel CM) and see if they have any walk-in availability at all. Good luck and hope you have a great time!

Sorry you weren't able to get anything - I wasn't sure if reservations would be open at 8am eastern or pacific time and how early I should start trying. My thought as I waited in the queue is if I couldn't get a reservation, I'd check with the host in person in the morning at BB (or even hotel CM) and see if they have any walk-in availability at all. Good luck and hope you have a great time!

We're planning on doing the same - checking at BB when we get to the park to see if we can get on a wait list if something opens up. We're all so excited to be going back to DLR that we'll be happy just walking down Main Street again, and everything after that will be a bonus!

FYI, I was just able to book both Napa Rose and Blue Bayou for July dates using the app. Interestingly, I had to search for an earlier date first, like July 1, and then keep changing which day I was looking for, for my dates (July 15-17) to show availability. When I started by searching for July 15 first, it would say no availability. But it looks like Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, and Storyteller’s have openings almost every day from June 30! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: I also see they're available on the website using my laptop and you can search for your date normally.

Last edited:
FYI, I was just able to book both Napa Rose and Blue Bayou for July dates using the app. Interestingly, I had to search for an earlier date first, like July 1, and then keep changing which day I was looking for, for my dates (July 15-17) to show availability. When I started by searching for July 15 first, it would say no availability. But it looks like Blue Bayou, Napa Rose, and Storyteller’s have openings almost every day from June 30! Good luck everyone!

EDIT: I also see they're available on the website using my laptop and you can search for your date normally.

App worked for me! Thank you! I had just checked an hour ago and could see the calendar now let me advance to July, but didn't show any available dates. I thought I had missed it.

Just got Napa Rose and Storytellers for our trip. We've never been to either. I think with the Napa Rose we won't plan to do BB, especially since I want to try for Carthay Circle - we've never eaten there, either, and the hubs hyperventilates at hefty meal price tags at DL. I want to do things out of our usual thing this trip, so three new restaurants will be nice!

Just got Napa Rose and Storytellers for our trip. We've never been to either. I think with the Napa Rose we won't plan to do BB, especially since I want to try for Carthay Circle - we've never eaten there, either, and the hubs hyperventilates at hefty meal price tags at DL. I want to do things out of our usual thing this trip, so three new restaurants will be nice!
I’ve always felt that Napa Rose is worth the money! For us, the food has always been excellent and same with the service.

I think Carthay Circle has better food than Blue Bayou, too, for what it’s worth. Hope you enjoy!

Cleared cookies on IPad and got BB for Lunch 3pm on 7/9 and Napa Rose for dinner (7:30p) on 7/11! Now waiting for Alfresco Terrace or CC for 7/10 as those don't appear to be open yet based on search results saying “no times” as opposed to showing hours of operation. The wait continues, but we got two of three!
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter