Dining Plan Watch Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it's coming back early January, they better announce ASAP!

We're only 72 days away from January 1st, and people would need at least some time to plan to make ADRs at 60 days out.

For anyone wanting to follow along there is a watch option above, below the title to the right. If you watch the thread and get notices and don’t come you won’t get more until you do. Or just pop in once a week or so

I have to respond to the money saving comment. you know what I a. Going to say 🧐 It is now and always will be a math exercise.

While it doesn’t work for my family it does for many. And I think the folks that it is best for are the most budget conscious. Let’s face it, paying $35 for a piece of beef is a lot of $ for so many of us. That being able to order whatever you want w/osticker shock or choosing the cheapest option is priceless.

Last comment-I will never load up Disney gift cards prior to my trip. I e seen too many stories of folks w cancelled trips w thousands they need but cannot access due to being on a gift card. Or anyone that has had a cancelled trip or gotten sick or had to leave early. For those that love it, good for you 🤗

Thank you for all this great input.

I like the dining plan because I am budget conscious. I prefer to eat what I want over thinking about price. When I pay as I go, I often think nah I don't really need that. Why? Because I am cheap. LOL! I understand that no matter how much we want it it won't come back until they are ready to bring it back.

It might just be a glitch but the option to “add dining plan” was not there 2 days ago!

Attachments

• DE4A8321-931A-445C-BAC1-DF2E9604E671.png
    DE4A8321-931A-445C-BAC1-DF2E9604E671.png
    157.7 KB · Views: 52
The deluxe has worked very well for us, even on a 21 night trip. With two of us, that’s 126 dining credits (which usually the servers chuckle at when they see this on their system!).

A typical day would be a late breakfast, OR early lunch, and then a signature restaurant (2 credits) for dinner. This nicely spaces the meals so we’re not eating all day, and we make use of the alcohol credits as we enjoy a cocktail to start a meal (or a cheeky Bloody Mary at breakfast). The math is always in our favour for this pattern and what we would typically order.

When Tables in Wonderland was around, then often times the math wouldn’t work on the dining plan for us.

It might just be a glitch but the option to “add dining plan” was not there 2 days ago!
Did it work for you? I just went on and didn't see this. I tried to call but wait times are 60+ minutes!

Did it work for you? I just went on and didn't see this. I tried to call but wait times are 60+ minutes!
No, I hit the button but it didn’t take me anywhere. I’m going to go look again and see if it’s still there.
Edit to add: Still there. I changed the resort and dates just for the heck of it and I still see it. EDE2A248-F063-4DA9-898E-E46F1E67C89D.png

I called in today to take advantage of the AP discount. The CM was going over the details of the changes to our reservations & said that if the Dining Plan is brought back to be sue and add that prior to our stay in January. She also said she looks for it to be available.

No, I hit the button but it didn’t take me anywhere. I’m going to go look again and see if it’s still there.
Edit to add: Still there. I changed the resort and dates just for the heck of it and I still see it. View attachment 619084
I saw this yesterday and I clicked on it and it said they are not available yet but to check back soon. I am very hopeful that its a sign that it will be there for my February trip

I also see the Dining plan as an option to add to our Christmas trip, but as others said above when you click on it doesn’t take you anywhere… could it possibly come back that quickly? 😳

I think there will be new pricing and terms announced prior to it coming back. Hopefully this is a good sign though. They may be working on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter