dining plan for member in regular room

grace&philipsmom

DIS Veteran
Hello,

We are dvc members with APs. I am out of points but I booked a room with a discount for August at the Contemporary. I would like to add the dining plan if I could.I know I can do it when I am staying in a DVC room on points and I thought I read that the dining plan was available for purchase for AP holders. Does anyone know if it will be possible?

TIA,
K

Unless you booked your non-points room through MS, you won't be able to add the dining plan as a DVC member.

So what you really want to know is whether discounted rooms booked with cash can add a dining plan. AFAIK, you must book a package to get a dining plan and the packages include full price rooms & tickets.

Ask over on the Resorts Board. Those who frequently hang out there will know for sure.

You have to call, but you can book a "ticketless package" with just the room and dining plan.

You have to call, but you can book a "ticketless package" with just the room and dining plan.

But can you do that if you book a discounted room? If so, that would surprise me.

But can you do that if you book a discounted room? If so, that would surprise me.
Maybe. I always assumed you'd have to pay rack rate for the room. But I know you can add dining on an AP discounted room. And others seem to say they added the dining plan to a discounted room. It doesn't seem likely and I have no direct experience, so I'd be interested to hear what happens when the OP calls.

I know that there are restrictions for the "free" dining but I thought that anyone could pay and add the DDP to any cash reservation, am I missing something?

:earsboy: Bill

From what I understand, you can add regular price dining to an AP discount room but you have to call. Can't do it online. From what I have seen posted, they will even allow you to add regular price dining to a room without a ticket. As posted above, it's a "ticketless package".

Yes, you can add regular price dining plan to a discounted room as a ticketless package.

The place where rack rate comes into play is if you're dealing with "free" dining. Free dining plans are never ticketless packages.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter