dining plan confussion leads to snack BONANZA!!

bubblebrown

Earning My Ears
My family just got back from a 2 day trip to Disney World. We were on the dining plan and I don't know if I was confused or the CMs were confused or if I was just super lucky but we could not seem to use up all of our snack credits.
With the new dining plan we were allowed 2 snacks a day (so a total of 16 for my family's 2 day trip) a quick service and a table service. We have never had the dining plan before (this was actually the first trip where we stayed for more than one day) and wanted to use two snacks the first night just to see how it works, and it worked fine. The next day we had lunch reservations at BOG. I had emailed Disney the week prior to see if we would be able to sub a cupcake for the drink (as it states in the dining plan) and they said as long as it's a snack then this would be fine. However, we had pre-ordered our meals and when we got to the check in to pay for the meal I wanted to double check with the CM to make sure this substitution was possible. She said that it was not so I said to just cancel two of the cupcakes and that would let us still use up 3 snacks. Well, she deducted the snack credits but we still received all of the original order (with the additional 2 cupcakes!). They were delish by the way :)
For dinner we went to Casey's for some dogs. The CM said that since I was on the dining plan we could order 4 desserts with our meals without using the snack credit, so that seemed to be extra treats.
The next day at Epcot we still had a QS meal and 10 snacks to use up. I wanted to use the rest of the credits to get treats in Germany to bring home to extend the magic of our trip, but when the CM rang me up there was confusion in converting the QS to 3 snacks and then using the rest of the snacks, so somehow I still ended up with 5 credits, sweeet! At the very end of the night we were running out of time, so I tried to just buy some treats at a stand (three jaw breakers and 2 sets of lollipops). It turns out that the lollipops were included as a snack so I tried to switch it to something else that would be a snack, but instead the CM was awesome enough to just give it to us, leaving me with 2 snack left!!!
I can't wait to dig into those German caramels and popcorn throughout the week!

One of the reasons you ended up with a Bonanza of snack credits is the timing of your visit. Since there were people on BOTH plans these first two weeks (2016 and 2017), they were still allowing the dessert at most QS places for everyone. They had no way to know when your vacation started and which plan you were on. As of yesterday (the 14th), that won't happen anymore. We also still don't know what kind of exchange they are going to give for the QS to snacks since the QS meal only has two elements. You got the 2016 exchange and then some!!

I think my wife and I benefited from that at AK Flame Tree BBQ. We got a dessert on the 2017 Dining Plan despite it not being there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter