Dining Plan: April: No more dessert at TS, 2 snacks instead???

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would make sense to get rid of the CS dessert and actually, I would prefer an extra snack credit rather than a dessert at CS. I find the desserts a little gross at those places anyway. The price would make a little more sense if it was CS as well.

It doesn't really make sense to can the TS dessert. I wonder if they were thinking CS rather than TS?

I hope this isn't true, it is a real treat to get deserts at sitdowns. Granted we could rarely finish them and one for everyone is alot... but I love trying the offerings.

Like others I could definitely do without the CS deserts-- although if we did like using it at places that sell the Minute Maid frozen lemonades.

I have no problem using 1 snack credit each a day but 2 each is overkill.

This just doesn't sound right to me.

bicker said:
Have we even gotten any confirmation from the rumor, itself, that the snack credits cannot themselves be used for dessert? I haven't heard about that one way or another yet, today.

I would doubt you could use a snack credit for a dessert at a table service place. The snacks are only good for things less than $2.50 and the desserts are more than that. But maybe they will allow it?? It would give more flexibility, but I like it the way it is now.

Maggie

If they remove dessert from TS then we will definatley be thinking about cancelling our plan as that will greatly impact the overall value of the plan! a mickey bar( while yummy) in no way compares in cost to a nice dessert in TS restaraunts. I wouldn't mind trading CS dessert for extra snack , but very much mind if we lose TS dessert.

Oh my gosh, we would have 88 snack credits. :scratchin :scratchin :lmao: I guesse we would be bringing home a suitcase of rice krispy treats and giving one a friday for school snack for the rest of the year. :lmao:

mjmcca said:
This si the part I dont understand. I have read about a lot of people having snack credits left over. When I am in WDW i drink a lof of water. The snack credits can be used for bottled water. Are people not drinking between their meals?

About 60% of our snack credits went for bottled water. And we brought a case down with us too. We had one bottle with us when we went to the parks and supplemented that with the snack credits. Had we not brought any with us, we'd have used em all for water.

Well it's all kind of academic given that it seems like this was a rumor-gone-amok....

dreamscometrue47 said:
We did the dining plan in January, and we had 1 TS (appetizer and dessert included), 1 CS (dessert included) and 1 snack per person per night stay.

We did have "trouble" using our snack credits, so I can't imagine trying to use 2 per day!

What trouble did you have? It seems like the snacks are going to be very confusing. Maybe that is their plan...lol. DH says if it is too confustin, we will just pay for it no big deal. I say that is what they want. ha ha.

I wouldn't mind giving up the dessert with CS we usually take it to go anyway, but I want my dessert with TS. I bought the plan because it conformed to the way we eat. We have 1 TS including dessert and one CS--though not usually with dessert and a snack during each day. If they are going to make the adjustment I hope that it is one that makes sense--no dessert with a TS sounds crazy. In addition the choices for snacks are pretty lame at best--so it owuld just be a way to stop crediting $5.00-$7.00 and replacing it with $2.50. Unless they open the snack choices up a bit I can't see the point (well I can, it saves Disney money).

pepperw23 said:
What trouble did you have? It seems like the snacks are going to be very confusing. Maybe that is their plan...lol. DH says if it is too confustin, we will just pay for it no big deal. I say that is what they want. ha ha.

The only part about snacks that are confusing is that there isn't a whole lot you're allowed. So while I think of a brownie as a snack, it is considered dessert with CS, but not a snack. Since snack is a rice crispy treat (but not everywhere), an ice cream novelty (think $2.50),a scoop of popcorn, a single piece of fruit--not cut up fruit or fruit cups though, a bottle of soda or a bottle of water. If you are planning on snacking on pastries, baked goods, ice cream (not prepackaged novelty), dole whips or other treats they are not included.

Edited to add that I forgot you are also allowed to choose a big grab bag of chips as a snack.

mom2missmous said:
If they remove dessert from TS then we will definatley be thinking about cancelling our plan as that will greatly impact the overall value of the plan! a mickey bar( while yummy) in no way compares in cost to a nice dessert in TS restaraunts. I wouldn't mind trading CS dessert for extra snack , but very much mind if we lose TS dessert.

We would also be in this boat. Mickey bar's are great, but for the money value I want my dessert. Since they have raised the overall price of the dining plan, if they did this it would be difficult to actually save money on the plan. Or atleast for us it would be, since it was normally the dessert that was the free extra.

Tinker*Shell*Bell said:
Don't quote me on this but I believe the plan used to be 1ts, 1cs and 2 snacks with no dessert included in one of the meals, the 1+1+1 w/desserts is the new plan. I rec'd a postcard in January with that change outlined. I think maybe someone has the change backwards. I could be wrong! Anyone?

I just downloaded the MYW dining pdf from the disney site last night and it doesn't indicate any changes.

No the plan last year was the same as this year. 1TS with Appetizer and Dessert, 1 CS with Dessert and 1 Snack. If they make a change, I would see it being the dessert at the CS... gives the user more freedom than the limited desserts at most CS places. Hope they aren't dumb enough to fix an unbroken program by taking away the TS dessert.

I also called today, as others have, and was told that there was "absolutely no truth to the rumor. All changes for 2006 have been made." HTH!

Amy

Except for the DVC eligiblity... that takes effect April 1.

I would rather them take the snacks and give me a couple of extra TS points. Lets say trade 5 snacks for 1 TS credit. Sounds like a good idea to me. :goodvibes

LOL! Maybe we can get Disney to let us trade two nights at Pop Century for one night at AKL. Heck, it's worth a try! :rotfl:

I always thought it would be nice to be able to trade 2 CS for 1 TS. That way we could do a few breakfasts and dinners.

bicker said:
LOL! Maybe we can get Disney to let us trade two nights at Pop Century for one night at AKL. Heck, it's worth a try! :rotfl:

:lmao: :rotfl: :lmao: Too funny, but a great idea!! :thumbsup2

We went during Food & Wine festival and they let us use snack credits for the small samples at the different boots around World Showcase. That worked out really well!

mum of two pirates said:
Oh my gosh, we would have 88 snack credits. :scratchin :scratchin :lmao: I guesse we would be bringing home a suitcase of rice krispy treats and giving one a friday for school snack for the rest of the year. :lmao:

LOL!!

I just figured it out and we'd have 84 snack credits!!YIKES!! :rotfl2:

I do hope this is just an unfounded rumor! :crazy2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter