Dining plan and tickets -please help

Zydebearsmom

Mouseketeer
I am going to Disney in July for a track meet at the WWS complex. I want to stay on property to make traveling easier for us ( myself and two kids). We will only be able to go to the park one day because of their track meet. We will be there 6 days. I wanted to book the dining plan but it is asking for me to buy two day tickets. Is that correct can I not buy just one day tickets and get the dining plan? Thanks

You could can call and ask to add the dining with no tickets. Has to be done over the phone.

Are you sure you want to purchase the dining plan? You would need a valid ticket each day to visit any of the restaurants in the parks. There are restaurants at the resorts, but most of them are less expensive than the restaurants in the parks. It is tough to get your money's worth on the dining plan anyway, but especially if you are not eating in the parks, most people would spend less buying food without the dining plan. Keep in mind the change to the 2017 dining plan only includes an entree and drink for each QS meal, no longer the dessert to eat or swap, which will make it cost more to fill up teenagers. If you have a car, there are many decent restaurants around for a fraction of the cost of those on property.

Can you get the dining plan if you buy tickets from somewhere other than WDW?

You can call to convert any room-only reservation of 2 nights or more into a "ticketless package" that includes dining plan. AP holders can add the dining plan to some 1 night reservations. I don't know about DVC members.

Are you sure you want to purchase the dining plan? You would need a valid ticket each day to visit any of the restaurants in the parks. There are restaurants at the resorts, but most of them are less expensive than the restaurants in the parks. It is tough to get your money's worth on the dining plan anyway, but especially if you are not eating in the parks, most people would spend less buying food without the dining plan. Keep in mind the change to the 2017 dining plan only includes an entree and drink for each QS meal, no longer the dessert to eat or swap, which will make it cost more to fill up teenagers. If you have a car, there are many decent restaurants around for a fraction of the cost of those on property.

Thanks...I didn't know the restaurants outside of the parks would be significantly cheaper. That's good to know. So I guess we won't do the dining plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter