Dining in January

RockyMtns

Earning My Ears
Hi, we are headed to the Poly/AKL in January. We would like to dine outside as much as possible with some table service restaurants. Currently, we have Biergarten (which seems to be getting good reviews about spacing and feeling safe), Be Our Guest, Kona (which seems to be getting negative reviews - tables very close - we might switch to mobile order), Sci-Fi (good reviews), CRT, Minnie's Dine, Sanaa, and San Angel Inn (mixed reviews). Does anyone have any recent experiences?

We would also like to eat at Geyser Point, but since there are no lounge reservations, it looks like we aren't "allowed" at WL. One person said we can have the Poly front desk call WL and see if we can go over. Anyone have experience with this? If it doesn't work out, I am sure we can eat at Captain Cook's and Pineapple Lanai several times. :smooth: 🍦

Through all of the reviews I have read, it looks like we mobile order hours in advance if we want to eat at lunch/dinner time for the counter service meals. So, we will be prepared for ordering early. 📱

We have also never been during Festival of the Arts. 🎨 Any favorites? Thank you!

Just take the boat to WL, or grab the WL bus at MK, if you want to eat at Geyser Point. The only issue is they sometimes won't let you park at WL to dine there (and that depends on the day and mood of the guard!).

IME, we visit often and have never had to mobile order hours in advance to eat but we don't go at peak times (Jan is typically slower). If it helps you plan your day, you can always order well in advance and roll with it but I can't think that far ahead usually.

Following along. We have San Angel, Sanaa, and Via Napoli booked in January. I just cancelled BOG, not because of spacing but because they want over 60 bucks for lunch. I'll pass.

Food is yummy at Festival of the Arts. Things are a bit more expensive than Food and Wine but portions are bigger. I like the Deconstructed Reuben (Deconstructed DIsh) and the Braised Short Ribs (Cuisine Classique).

Of those you list, the only one I've dined at recently was Sanaa for lunch last month. Felt very comfortable - table distancing was very good and cast members were VERY on top of reminding anyone who accidentally got up from their table without their mask. View, service and food were also fantastic.

As for Festival of the Arts faves, I recommend the mushroom risotto at the Masterpiece Kitchen booth. And I don't even like mushrooms! But this is really good. I also think the sake that comes in a wooden cup that they personalize with your name in Japanese is a really cute souvenir (not sure if they offer a non-alcoholic option - I'd imagine they do).

The Art Fest menus look awesome again. We've only tried the 1st Art Fest, now we're returning for the 5th. Really excited. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...-international-festival-of-the-arts-culinary/

Underlined are my picks. Not sure what my family's having 🐖🐖🐖 lol!
We're going Jan 10 ( and evenings 13, 14 & 15) and will post pics on the boards each night.

The Artist's Table (The American Adventure)
Treat your taste buds to savory plates like beef Wellington and pan-seared scallops. Here, you’ll also find the artist palette jumbo chocolate-chip cookie along with assorted beer and wine.
Citrus Blossom (Showcase Plaza)
Refresh your spirit with beverages from Florida Orange Groves Winery or an orange cream shake served in a souvenir Orange Bird sipper cup.
Cuisine Classique (Germany)
Prepare to be amazed with these hearty braised bites and traditional Old World delights—like red wine-braised short rib, coq au vin and opera cake. Pair your dish with a glass of wine or beer.
Decadent Delights (Promenade Refreshments)
Satisfy your sweet tooth with raspberry or lemon soft-serve ice cream. Plus, discover a variety of refreshing beers.
The Deconstructed Dish (Showcase Plaza)
Discover delicious dishes that dazzle! Enjoy a deconstructed take on favorite foods like the Reuben, BLT and strawberry cheesecake. Or, sip on chai tea shake that showcases favorite breakfast flavors.
El Artista Hambriento (Mexico)

Embark on a culinary journey south of the border and sample Mexican-inspired cuisine like pork belly pastor, chile rellenos and chocolate tacos.
Goshiki (Japan)
Stop by this food studio for popular items like sushi donuts and vegetable gyoza. Plus, sip on sake or try the pink snow—a refreshing beverage featuring sake, peach schnapps, cranberry juice and Calpico.
Festival Favorites (World Showplace)
Discover Guest-favorite dishes, like charcuterie, Remy’s ratatouille, the lemon blood-orange tart and a jumbo chocolate-chip cookie. Plus, sip on a coffee cocktail or tasty microbrew.
Painter's Palate (World Showplace)
Sample this palatable assortment of delicacies—like prime steak tartare, salt-roasted beet tartare and a tantalizing pistachio cake with cherry mousse and Morello cherries.
L'Art de la Cuisine Francaise (France)
Discover delightful French treats and baked goods, from savory to sweet—including warm brie in a bread bowl, a black winter truffle croissant and a trio of house-made macarons. Pair your dish with a French wine or frozen martini.
L'Arte di Mangiare (Italy)
Get a taste of Italy, with a twist! This food studio serves up arancini, lobster ravioli and cream-filled Italian donuts—along with Italian beer, wine and cocktails.
Masterpiece Kitchen (Canada)
Raise your glass and celebrate this fabulous fusion of food and wine. Highlights include wild mushroom risotto, the salmon and cream gâteau and a luscious panna cotta. Plus, discover wines to complement each culinary creation.
Mosaic Canteen (Morocco)
Savor the bold flavors of Morocco in delectable dishes like harissa-roasted rack of lamb and a Mediterranean flatbread with Za’atar pesto.
The Painted Panda (China)
Treat your senses to Chinese dishes, like pork and water chestnut meatballs or the Sichuan red hot mala shrimp. Plus, enjoy bubble tea, draft beer and a variety of Chinese-inspired cocktails.
Pop Eats (Showcase Plaza)
Unearth the tasty treasures and tantalizing textures of modern art-inspired eats! Highlights include the colorful almond frangipane cake and the ever-popular Pop’t Art—a modern-designed sugar cookie with strawberry filling. Plus, choose from savory dishes, like shrimp ceviche or tomato soup with grilled cheese.
Vibrante & Vívido – NEW! (Between Morocco & France)
Enjoy bright, fresh flavors in dishes both savory and sweet—like a passion fruit mousse or a chilled seafood cocktail. Pair your food with an island-inspired smoothie, piña colada or daiquiri.
Additional Locations
Delight your appetite with mouthwatering morsels, nibbles and noshes from these year-round food stops.
  • Refreshment Port: Serving lobster poutine, traditional poutine, chicken breast nuggets, refreshing beverages and more
  • Refreshment Outpost: Serving plant-based bratwurst, warm brown-sugar-stuffed pretzels, frozen slushies, beers and more
  • Funnel Cake: Serving a red velvet funnel cake topped with cream cheese icing and pixie dust
  • Joffrey's Coffee & Tea Company (all in-park locations): Serving a unique, art-inspired latte paired with a doughnut at each location

Hi, we are headed to the Poly/AKL in January. We would like to dine outside as much as possible with some table service restaurants. Currently, we have Biergarten (which seems to be getting good reviews about spacing and feeling safe), Be Our Guest, Kona (which seems to be getting negative reviews - tables very close - we might switch to mobile order), Sci-Fi (good reviews), CRT, Minnie's Dine, Sanaa, and San Angel Inn (mixed reviews). Does anyone have any recent experiences?

We would also like to eat at Geyser Point, but since there are no lounge reservations, it looks like we aren't "allowed" at WL. One person said we can have the Poly front desk call WL and see if we can go over. Anyone have experience with this? If it doesn't work out, I am sure we can eat at Captain Cook's and Pineapple Lanai several times. :smooth: 🍦

Through all of the reviews I have read, it looks like we mobile order hours in advance if we want to eat at lunch/dinner time for the counter service meals. So, we will be prepared for ordering early. 📱

We have also never been during Festival of the Arts. 🎨 Any favorites? Thank you!
If you use Disney transportation, you can go wherever you want. You just may have a hard time if you try to drive to another resort.

🎨 Any favorites? Thank you!
Thru the different festivals we've always enjoyed Canada, US, and Germany. This Art fest looks no different. Deconstructed's tea offering has always been memorable too, along with whatever special edition Poutine Refreshment Port is offering. Never have been disappointed with any of these booths or items.

We've only tried Art Fest the 1st year. By accident really, just happened to have a trip planned then. We didn't expect to be impressed but it was amazing! This trip we scheduled specifically to visit during Art Fest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter