• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dining Ideas for This Summer

disneyfav4ever

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep
We're brainstorming where to eat during our trip this summer. We're not used to not having the dining plan, so it'll be interesting to see how much we end up spending. Any thoughts on our plans are welcome, it's for two adults and one child.

Magic Kingdom

Honestly not sure where we feel like eating, we're only spending one day here and we usually go to Columbia Harbor House, which is still closed, or Pecos Bill, which isn't as appealing without the toppings bar. We plan to make reservations at one of the monorail resorts for dinner, we're not picky about which one.

Epcot

We probably won't book any table service meals here and just eat from the food booths most of the time. We were also talking about trying Regal Eagle since that would be new for us.

Hollywood Studios

We'll probably eat in Galaxy's Edge since none of the other quick service restaurants really appeal to us. Maybe ABC Commissary since the updated menu sounds better to us, but we've had some bad luck there in the past.

Animal Kingdom

I actually feel like this park is the hardest to plan since besides Epcot it has the most we want to eat. We've talked about booking Tiffins or Yak and Yeti, or eating quick service at Satuli Canteen or Flame Tree BBQ.

We aren't really planning on resort dining this trip except for our Magic Kingdom night, and since it's a short trip I don't know if we'll go to Disney Springs at all. But if there's anything going out of our way for let us know, our kid is pretty picky but my SO and I are pretty adventurous.

Add to your questions the fact that this summer will be HOT, so chances are that you want to eat indoors. But which places are best for social distancing?
I'm also going this summer, and looking at Satuli Canteen in Animal Kingdom, and Jungle Skipper Canteen in MK. Other than that, I'll probably do "to go" and eat in my room. Can't beat the social distancing!

I highly recommend Tiffins. It’s awesome!

You could walk to CR and eat at The Wave. GF Cafe is decent too.

Columbia Harbor House menu ( select items, at least) is currently being served at Tomorrowland Terrace. The Wave at Contemporary is relatively quiet and has a terrific dessert (Chocolate Flight - actually three mini desserts so easy to share). Regal Eagle is really good; if you're not big eaters you might want to get 2 combo meals and a side (mac and cheese) and share.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter