Dining Dress Code

DCL basically does not have the balls to enforce any thing dress code related any more...g-strings at the pool and sweat pants and shorts at dinner are totally acceptable because everyone wants to enjoy the vacation that THEY paid for. Now...try to bring a bottle of liquor on board .... Violation, sound the alarms!o_O :faint: Its kind of hilarious at this point. I would not even worry about what you are wearing.

DCL basically does not have the balls to enforce any thing dress code related any more...g-strings at the pool and sweat pants and shorts at dinner are totally acceptable because everyone wants to enjoy the vacation that THEY paid for. Now...try to bring a bottle of liquor on board .... Violation, sound the alarms!o_O :faint: Its kind of hilarious at this point. I would not even worry about what you are wearing.
I'm OK with g-strings in the MDR

I would say 90% wear slacks, nice jeans, or nice shorts for men with a nice shirt. For women - slacks, skirt, nice jeans with a nice shirt. You might bring a sweater as the dining rooms can get cool.

Formal is probably 10 to 15 % formal attire, 80% nice church clothes, and a few don't dress up. Anyway is fine. My husband wears a nice pair of black dress pants, a formal shirt, and a Mickey tie. ( no coat) I wear a long black skirt and a black sweater.

I'm an adult male and wore cargo shorts and a tshirt to the main dining rooms, all nights, even formal night, had no issues whatsoever.

I wouldn't wear shorts in the dining room just because of the temperature in the dining rooms. I'm not a person who gets cold easy either I live in new jersey and I don't wear a jacket. Maybe a few days out of the year it gets cold enough for me to wear a jacket. Some people ask why they have to keep the dining rooms so cool. It's because the servers work very hard if it wasn't cool they will be sweating in your food

Last edited:
The dress code, or lack thereof, is one of the big positives for me and why I like DCL. I'm considering to sail Royal or Norwegian in the future but see they have dress codes of sorts. I want to relax and not feel forced to wear certain kinds of clothes. I wear nice khakis, nice shirt, sometimes a jacket (on "formal" night) and my daughters usually wear nice sundresses. We're more focused on having a fun time and eating new types of food (we really like the escargot). I don't really care what other folks wear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter