Dining/Dining Plan Reviews with pictures 9/17/05-09/24/05 - UPDATED 09/25

OK...FINAL NUMBERS ARE IN:

The Free Food we ate came to $1184.48

We gave away 4 CS which added up to $52.60

TOTAL= $1237.80 worth of food

And we had 4 TS left and 5 CS left that were not used

My estimate is that if my son hadn't gotten sick on the last day, and we used the final 4 TS meals, we would have been over $1300.

Well worth it!

unixadm said:
OK...FINAL NUMBERS ARE IN:

The Free Food we ate came to $1184.48

We gave away 4 CS which added up to $52.60

TOTAL= $1237.80 worth of food

And we had 4 TS left and 5 CS left that were not used

My estimate is that if my son hadn't gotten sick on the last day, and we used the final 4 TS meals, we would have been over $1300.

Well worth it!

I'm not familar with all the dining plans now! :confused3 So, how much did you pay for the plan?

Thanks again for the details of the reviews. I enjoyed your posts.

Tina

OurDogCisco said:
I'm not familar with all the dining plans now! :confused3 So, how much did you pay for the plan?

Thanks again for the details of the reviews. I enjoyed your posts.

Tina

This was the free plan that Disney offered....book a room at a Disney resort by August 20th, and check in between August 21st and October 4th and buy any park ticket for each person in your group and they gave the dining plan for FREE! Only caviat is that you had to pay rack rates for the room, no discounts.

We were already planning on booking using the AP discount, so we gave up the discount and got the free food. We had to buy a single day/single park ticket for everyone (total of $220), but they are unused and can be traded towards the renewal of our AP next year.

This plan is usually $35/per day/per adult and $10/per day/per child....so the plan would have cost us $90 per day x 7 or $630 additional to our package had they not offered it for free.

That's a nice big total for just food :earseek: & looking at what you stated the dining plan would have cost if you had paid for it, it looks like it's a good value. Hmmmm, will they ever give it to us DVC members do ya think :confused3, cause I'm thinking that looks like a good deal.

When we were there, we took the tour of Saratoga Springs and I asked about getting the Dining plan when using DVC points. The tour guide stated that the question has been asked many times and invited me to the members meeting that was happening that day to ask about it further...he said that the more people that show interest in it, the better the chances of it happening. We couldn't attend since we already had other plans for the time. I will be contacting them soon about this and at least make my voice be heard about it.

Considering that a family staying at a value resort for 3 nights, paying $231 for the room, and buying a few park tickets can get it, why can't those of use of are investing over $100,000 on them get it?? (+$100,000 when you take into account the dues over the next 48 years...see my post HERE for the cost breakdowns)

I agree....we make a huge commitment to spending our money at Disney when we buy in to the DVC....seems like we should get more perks!!

Hi unixadm!! :wave2: We met you when you were in line at Chef Mickeys, you were cancelling your ADR. Sorry to hear you did not like your meal at Concourse. We ate there a few days before you did, and our service was excellent, we even tipped extra because it was so good.

Thanks for the great reviews, the pics and the cost breakdown. I really enjoyed reading them and seeing the pics! :)

RIDisneyFan said:
Hi unixadm!! :wave2: We met you when you were in line at Chef Mickeys, you were cancelling your ADR. Sorry to hear you did not like your meal at Concourse. We ate there a few days before you did, and our service was excellent, we even tipped extra because it was so good.

Hi...it was fun meeting another DIS'er at WDW. Yeah, I've heard so many good stories about Councourse, my guess is that we were just an exception....all tables were booked, we were walk-in's, and maybe it was just an off night for our servers.

Thank you for putting so much time and effort into these reviews. Most of what you said, I had expected to hear, the great meal at Le Cellier, Spoodles etc.. But its great to get confirmation that the plan works like I thought it would, and that the staff now seem to get it. I had heard that earlier on, the staff weren't too sure.... Thanks again!!! :hourglass

mmiller said:
Loved your food reviews!!! We are going Jan 21-28 and they were very helpful.

But.....did you say that you got the Disney Dining plan for FREE and if so, how?
thanks..... :earsgirl:

Unfortunately, the FREE dining plan was a limited time offer. In the summer, Disney decided that they would offer the dining plan free for those staying from August 21st through October 4th if they stayed on site paying rack rate and purchased any park ticket. Basically, it was to get people to come to their resorts during the slowest season which is also hurricane season.

No more free plan, and they raised the prices slightly from what it was earlier, but still worth it in my opinion. They are now offering the plan to DVC members (yeah!), and we will be using the plan in April when we go back.

unixadm, just read all you reviews, WOW you did anawesome job. I'm going to WDW at Christmas had ressie at Port Orleans Riverside. With the dinning plan. Then I found someone selling VWL points so bought them. I understand you can get the DP with VWL. I haven't cancelled my POR yet, waiting to I get conformation for VWL. I finally figured out what CS, TS, stand for but ?is OOP you got me there :confused3

See you December 2007 :dance3:

Queen2...thanks.

OOP=Out of Pocket....basically paying for a meal cash (or charging to your room) verses using a meal plan credit.

As far as VWL, yes, you can get the meal plan if you go under a DVC member's points....you would need to contact member services to do that. I recently rented some points to someone and they got the meal plan without an issue. We did the meal plan again in April when staying at BWV. It was great!

look at post 74 he explains it there.;)

You mentioned that the Coral Reef was 2 credits per person?
I just printed out the 2007 Dining Plan and it doesn't state that it's 2 credits each.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter